The June 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ERCougar
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 10978

    #1126
    Originally posted by Commando View Post
    Don't stop there! Tell us who the Jews are in this allegory!! Who is Judas?! The Romans? Good stuff!
    Yeah, uh, not really an allegory. But thanks!
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

    Comment

    • ERCougar
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 10978

      #1127
      Originally posted by Maximus View Post
      denying women the priesthood is definitely out of pure sexism and hate and most definitely comparable to having christ executed. or something
      You guys struggle with this stuff, apparently.
      Maybe you and commando should just pm each other. It will be less confusing for you.
      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

      Comment

      • Joe Public
        8.1 YPC
        • Apr 2011
        • 8524

        #1128
        It's a shame the words "electric boogaloo" haven't been worked into this thread somehow.
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

        "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

        Comment

        • Commando
          Explosivo
          • Feb 2009
          • 20748

          #1129
          Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
          Yeah, uh, not really an allegory. But thanks!
          Oh sorry. Metaphor? We're Pilate... because of the hand washing, right? So you're isolating that. Yeah that is sad.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

          Comment

          • Commando
            Explosivo
            • Feb 2009
            • 20748

            #1130
            Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
            You guys struggle with this stuff, apparently.
            Maybe you and commando should just pm each other. It will be less confusing for you.
            Maybe not, but you would probably become less angry.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

            Comment

            • ERCougar
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 10978

              #1131
              I guess metaphor is closer. Of course, you'll try to complete that, just like you would every time anyone says they're trying to be like Jesus..."wait, what? Who are the Romans? Who are the Jews? You want to be crucified? Really? Who's judas?"
              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

              Comment

              • ERCougar
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 10978

                #1132
                Originally posted by Commando View Post
                Maybe not, but you would probably become less angry.
                sorry...did I sound angry there? weird.
                At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                Comment

                • Commando
                  Explosivo
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 20748

                  #1133
                  Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                  I guess metaphor is closer. Of course, you'll try to complete that, just like you would every time anyone says they're trying to be like Jesus..."wait, what? Who are the Romans? Who are the Jews? You want to be crucified? Really? Who's judas?"
                  Well you have to admit that alluding to a peripheral character's actions, which had specific ramifications, does make one wonder what your larger point is in the context of that story. Pilate's passing the buck made it possible for the Jews to crucify Jesus(or demand his crucifixion I suppose). So the follow up question is logical- if the Church is pilate (speculatively) passing the buck, who is going to crucify Kate- the court of public opinion? Maybe you just intended to make a passing reference and all this analysis is unnecessary.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                  Comment

                  • CardiacCoug
                    вот так штука
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 11013

                    #1134
                    She's been excommunicated -- a damn shame.

                    These church courts really should have some female representation on them, especially for women but obviously for both women and men.

                    I had a really difficult time working for and being subordinate to female residents who were my superiors when I was a medical student and resident. I just felt like I didn't have much in common with them and always got awesome evaluations from any male superior and fair to poor evaluations from any female. Gave me a little taste of what it must be like to be judged by all opposite gender people.

                    Comment

                    • Maximus
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 6016

                      #1135
                      Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                      She's been excommunicated -- a damn shame.

                      These church courts really should have some female representation on them, especially for women but obviously for both women and men.

                      I had a really difficult time working for and being subordinate to female residents who were my superiors when I was a medical student and resident. I just felt like I didn't have much in common with them and always got awesome evaluations from any male superior and fair to poor evaluations from any female. Gave me a little taste of what it must be like to be judged by all opposite gender people.
                      it seems it must depend on if you actually believe what the church you are a member of teaches in terms of the spirit. does she think them being men means they have less chance of being guided by the spirit in their decision? she has sustained them as leaders after all.

                      Comment

                      • CardiacCoug
                        вот так штука
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 11013

                        #1136
                        Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                        it seems it must depend on if you actually believe what the church you are a member of teaches in terms of the spirit. does she think them being men means they have less chance of being guided by the spirit in their decision? she has sustained them as leaders after all.
                        Oh brother...

                        Comment

                        • Pelado
                          Bald not naked
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 21139

                          #1137
                          Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                          it seems it must depend on if you actually believe what the church you are a member of teaches in terms of the spirit. does she think them being men means they have less chance of being guided by the spirit in their decision? she has sustained them as leaders after all.
                          Do you believe that a disciplinary council comprised of both men and women would be a bad thing? If so, why?
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

                          Comment

                          • Maximus
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 6016

                            #1138
                            Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            Do you believe that a disciplinary council comprised of both men and women would be a bad thing? If so, why?
                            it wouldnt be a bad thing. but i dont think that the lack of women makes it necessarily unfair.

                            Comment

                            • Commando
                              Explosivo
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 20748

                              #1139
                              Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                              She's been excommunicated -- a damn shame.

                              These church courts really should have some female representation on them, especially for women but obviously for both women and men.
                              Not surprised in the least. I also don't think she really cares about being able to take the sacrament as much as she cares about her name in the paper. She'll be just fine in that regard.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                              Comment

                              • CardiacCoug
                                вот так штука
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 11013

                                #1140
                                Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                                it wouldnt be a bad thing. but i dont think that the lack of women makes it necessarily unfair.
                                Of course not necessarily unfair but obviously it would be more likely to be fair if both genders are represented, especially if a woman is being judged and sentenced.

                                You can't envision yourself in a similar situation having to appear before three or four middle-aged women who will decide your eternal fate. And if you wondered why men can't be part of the team that judges you that's considered faithless and just lack of spirit? Like I said, oh brother...

                                Comment

                                Working...