The June 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Commando
    Explosivo
    • Feb 2009
    • 20748

    #1216
    Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
    She was upfront about her multiple meetings with her SP on one of the podcasts I listened to. Seriously, does nobody else obsessively listen to every podcast they can get their hands on?
    Between Adam Carolla, Joe Rogan, the Nerdist, NPR, and Jay Mohr, who has time for some progressive mormon podcast??
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

    Comment

    • Commando
      Explosivo
      • Feb 2009
      • 20748

      #1217
      Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
      You say that as if you don't have 8,000 posts here. Does it normally take more than 8,000 points of reference for you to feel like you have a sense of someone when you have met in the flesh?
      Let's be honest-- about 7,900 of those are about sneakers, 90s rap, what songs I'm listening to now, concert brags, game of thrones, Pixies, or me posting in my SP isolation tank thread. I doubt you would learn anything about me from any of those.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

      Comment

      • Commando
        Explosivo
        • Feb 2009
        • 20748

        #1218
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        he is paying you a compliment. What he is saying is that you usually aren't a dickhead.
        Proves my point.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

        Comment

        • wuapinmon
          Soul Plumber
          • Dec 2008
          • 30711

          #1219
          Originally posted by creekster View Post
          I think you have to assume #2 to be true as well.
          Well, that's the problem of theodicy.

          1. God is. He exists.
          2. God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent.
          3. An omnibenevolent God would want that evil not exist.
          4. An omnipotent God would have the power to destroy/prevent/vanquish evil.
          5. An omniscient God would know all possible evil outcomes in a prelapsarian or infralapsarian creation. All evil could be prevented.
          6. Therefore, if there exists an omnipotent, omnibenevolent, and omniscient God, evil cannot exist.
          7. Evil exists.

          Or this one about predestination vs free will

          1. God is. He exists.
          2. God is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnibenevolent.
          3. An omniscient God knows every possible outcome of every event possible throughout history and the future, knowing what you will do before you do it.
          4. Through his Apostle Paul, God has promised that we will never be tempted beyond our capacity to resist temptation. (1 Corinthians 10:13).
          5. I sin.
          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

          Comment

          • Nakoma
            Junior Member
            • Sep 2013
            • 571

            #1220
            Kate Kelly speaking with reporters about her excommunication: The Church is like an aggressive serial abuser who tells a woman it is beating her because it loves her. Okay.

            Comment

            • Tex
              Board Anti-Christ
              • Nov 2008
              • 716

              #1221
              Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              She's been excommunicated -- a damn shame.
              Agreed. Sad situation all around. All things considered, I don't know how they could have come to a different conclusion however.

              Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              These church courts really should have some female representation on them, especially for women but obviously for both women and men.
              You don't really understand disciplinary councils, or I suspect, the priesthood.
              Have we been commanded not to call a prophet an insular racist? Link?

              - Cali Coug

              I always wanted to wear a tiara.
              We need to be careful going back to the bible for guidance.

              - Jeff Lebowski

              Comment

              • wuapinmon
                Soul Plumber
                • Dec 2008
                • 30711

                #1222
                Originally posted by Tex View Post
                You don't really understand disciplinary councils, or I suspect, the priesthood.
                Nobody played this


                DEPART!
                "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69687

                  #1223
                  So I am seeing that the letter to Kate Kelly tells her that she was disfellowshipped for "conduct contrary to the laws and order of the church", not apostasy.



                  Very interesting.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • Tex
                    Board Anti-Christ
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 716

                    #1224
                    Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                    Well, that's the problem of theodicy.

                    1. God is. He exists.
                    2. God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent.
                    3. An omnibenevolent God would want that evil not exist.
                    4. An omnipotent God would have the power to destroy/prevent/vanquish evil.
                    5. An omniscient God would know all possible evil outcomes in a prelapsarian or infralapsarian creation. All evil could be prevented.
                    6. Therefore, if there exists an omnipotent, omnibenevolent, and omniscient God, evil cannot exist.
                    7. Evil exists.

                    Or this one about predestination vs free will

                    1. God is. He exists.
                    2. God is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnibenevolent.
                    3. An omniscient God knows every possible outcome of every event possible throughout history and the future, knowing what you will do before you do it.
                    4. Through his Apostle Paul, God has promised that we will never be tempted beyond our capacity to resist temptation. (1 Corinthians 10:13).
                    5. I sin.
                    Someone told me years ago that all concerns about doctrine could be boiled down to a fundamental problem understanding the character and nature of God. It's still remarkable to me how often that advice has proven true.
                    Have we been commanded not to call a prophet an insular racist? Link?

                    - Cali Coug

                    I always wanted to wear a tiara.
                    We need to be careful going back to the bible for guidance.

                    - Jeff Lebowski

                    Comment

                    • CardiacCoug
                      вот так штука
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 11013

                      #1225
                      Originally posted by Tex View Post
                      Agreed. Sad situation all around. All things considered, I don't know how they could have come to a different conclusion however.



                      You don't really understand disciplinary councils, or I suspect, the priesthood.
                      I understand true religion, caring for orphans and widows, etc. The rest of it is nonsense.

                      From where I sit your application of the Priestood just justifies acting like an asshole. No thanks.

                      Comment

                      • Tex
                        Board Anti-Christ
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 716

                        #1226
                        Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                        I understand true religion, caring for orphans and widows, etc. The rest of it is nonsense.

                        From where I sit your application of the Priestood just justifies being an asshole. No thanks.
                        Well that confirms that.
                        Have we been commanded not to call a prophet an insular racist? Link?

                        - Cali Coug

                        I always wanted to wear a tiara.
                        We need to be careful going back to the bible for guidance.

                        - Jeff Lebowski

                        Comment

                        • Coach McGuirk
                          1
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 12109

                          #1227
                          Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          Nobody played this


                          DEPART!
                          fuck him, tex. stick around.

                          Comment

                          • LVAllen
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2013
                            • 3267

                            #1228
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            So I am seeing that the letter to Kate Kelly tells her that she was disfellowshipped for "conduct contrary to the laws and order of the church", not apostasy.



                            Very interesting.
                            That's standard disciplinary council letter wording, which covers every conceivable offense. It's set out in Handbook 1. The reasons given were essentially trying to change people's minds and building a "following."

                            Comment

                            • SeattleUte
                              Faith crisis consultant
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 20837

                              #1229
                              Tex is jubilant because he has been proven right about the true character of Mormonism. Hence, he's back!! Tex and I were right, Lebowski et al. were wrong. He understand Mormonism perfectly. I'm not mad at Tex; on the contrary. How could I be. Am I the only one who knew Tex was right all along?
                              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                              --Jonathan Swift

                              Comment

                              • TripletDaddy
                                sweet triple
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 58186

                                #1230
                                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                                Tex is jubilant because he has been proven right about the true character of Mormonism. Hence, he's back!! Tex and I were right, Lebowski et al. were wrong. He understand Mormonism perfectly. I'm not mad at Tex; on the contrary. How could I be. Am I the only one who knew Tex was right all along?
                                Not just tex. All-American, too. And commando.
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...