No announcement yet.

Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder how delicately they handle the phony lds docs part of this.

**And I don’t agree with that in the workplace**

Comment

• Originally posted by Now who’s the dean? View Post

I wonder how delicately they handle the phony lds docs part of this.

**And I don’t agree with that in the workplace**
      The director is Jared Hess (BYU grad). He directed Napoleon Dynamite and Nacho Libre. So I assume that the church will get a sympathizer view. I am excited for it.
      "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post

The director is Jared Hess (BYU grad). He directed Napoleon Dynamite and Nacho Libre. So I assume that the church will get a sympathizer view. I am excited for it.
        Unless they skip the part about the Church buying unflattering documents they supposed to be true in order to suppress them, then it can't be wholly flattering.
        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Tammy Daybells autopsy is complete. I wonder if a judge will annull there marriage. I wonder when they will make that public. I don’t know if the prosecutors will pursue the death penalty if they could. Can in Idaho for murder if there are multiple victims, children, police officers and if there were several crimes committed with it. If they ducttted the kids themselves they could file capital murder charges against them if they choose too.

though they have a three year sentence pending I would not be surprised if they live the rest of there life in prison. Psycho. Or just plain evil. Some of Chads siblings distanced themselves from him. I don’t know how the children feel. Kolby and Kelsie and Larry and Kay what a traumatic time. I wonder if the church will say anything when this is complete about not following these people and sympathy for the victims.

Tylee and JJ will be ok in the eternities and have things beyond comprehension available to them. Many experiences missed out on and friends missing them. People involved though how sad they will suffer for a long time.

Comment

• Jon Huntsman, Sr. must be rolling in his grave:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2021/03/...untsman-files/

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
              Jon Huntsman, Sr. must be rolling in his grave:

Wrong thread:

Church officials swiftly discounted the claims Tuesday as “baseless.” They disclosed Tuesday in a written statement that Huntsman had resigned his church membership last year...
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Geez, what a wanker.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Uh-oh. Shots fired!

[when] you bold-italicize stuff in your complaint, you’re not filing a serious complaint.”
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Uh-oh. Shots fired!

Would it be OK if it were just bolded or just italicized instead of being bolded and italicized?
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                      Jon Huntsman, Sr. must be rolling in his grave:

What a stupid waste of time and resources.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

What a stupid waste of time and resources.
                        lol. I think the only thing this will do is get a blurb for this dumbshit in the Tribune. There is no standing, no damages, no claim upon which relief may be granted. Unadulterated hubris.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• How is it possible to know where what I pay as an individual goes. If you pay by cash it is one thing. But checks or cards. It is money out of your account given to another account. Can’t know how what you sent is spent. Anymore than you can know how the grocer spends money you give him for groceries.

Comment

• I don't think he's interested in recovering his misguided tithes as he is interested in forcing the Church to open its books.
                            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                              I don't think he's interested in recovering his misguided tithes as he is interested in forcing the Church to open its books.
                              It won't go even that far, which I would expect he understands. It's just slander filed with a court.

EDIT: Though apparently he could find at least one attorney, by the name of David Jonelis, willing to brave Rule 11 and put his name on the complaint.

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2021...mes-huntsmans/
                              Last edited by All-American; 03-24-2021, 08:08 AM.
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Also, throughout the complaint, he repeatedly refers to the defendant as "LDS Corporation," in spite of the clear request to use the proper name of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I mean, how uncouth.
                                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Working...
                                X