This is going to go over well ... Ugh

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blueintheface
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 15382

    #16
    Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    One of my favorite comments:
    Good comment but he/she (not a shemale, although this person could be a shemale, because [we'll call this person "Pat"] obviously supports liberal Mormonism) should have left out the sentence on judgment. That is not a judgment on my part, just a suggestion.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #17
      Joni Hilton has a youtube channel called "Your YouTube Mom." After perusing some of her vids, it quickly became apparent that Joni's ability to find quick fault and offer overly simplified solutions extends beyond the behavior of Church members.

      In this video, Joni gives us the inside scoop on how to deal with "The Bragging Mom."

      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • YOhio
        Hipster Mode
        • Nov 2008
        • 26165

        #18
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        Joni Hilton has a youtube channel called "Your YouTube Mom." After perusing some of her vids, it quickly became apparent that Joni's ability to find quick fault and offer overly simplified solutions extends beyond the behavior of Church members.

        In this video, Joni gives us the inside scoop on how to deal with "The Bragging Mom."

        So the solution is to agree with her about liberal Mormons and she'll shut up.

        Comment

        • Donuthole
          Official Outgayer
          • Nov 2008
          • 25268

          #19
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Joni Hilton has a youtube channel called "Your YouTube Mom." After perusing some of her vids, it quickly became apparent that Joni's ability to find quick fault and offer overly simplified solutions extends beyond the behavior of Church members.

          In this video, Joni gives us the inside scoop on how to deal with "The Bragging Mom."
          Wow. Oversimplification is right. It's as if it doesn't even occur to her that The Bragging Mom will just find something else to brag to you about. After all, you've agreed with her, so why would she continue to brag to you?
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #20
            I wish I had seen this Joni Hilton video before I started posting on this message board

            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Blueintheface
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 15382

              #21
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              I wish I had seen this Joni Hilton video before I started posting on this message board

              I'm phasing you out, DDD. Sorry, just being honest!
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

              "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69698

                #22
                Linky no worky. I wonder if they pulled the essay. That might be offensive even by Meridian Magazine standards.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • Eddie
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 8098

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  Wow. Oversimplification is right. It's as if it doesn't even occur to her that The Bragging Mom will just find something else to brag to you about. After all, you've agreed with her, so why would she continue to brag to you?
                  Spoken like a mom who has felt deficient at times when comparing her children to other people's children.

                  I get what she's recommending, and I kind of agree with her. But for a different reason. She seems to be coming from a place of "Dang parent bragging about their kid because they know mine is dumb as a rock and I've got nothing to brag about." She needs to come from a place of "Parents should be proud of their kids. And it's OK to recognize other people's kids for their achievements."

                  Comment

                  • jay santos
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 13652

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Linky no worky. I wonder if they pulled the essay. That might be offensive even by Meridian Magazine standards.
                    Nice job Progmo's. First you get Dan Peterson fired. Now you set your sights on poor Joni Hilton.

                    Comment

                    • myboynoah
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 21719

                      #25
                      Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                      Nice job Progmo's. First you get Dan Peterson fired. Now you set your sights on poor Joni Hilton.
                      YouTube motherhood takes another hit. Just a sign of the times.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69698

                        #26
                        Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                        Nice job Progmo's. First you get Dan Peterson fired. Now you set your sights on poor Joni Hilton.
                        Speaking of Daniel Peterson, check out this recent essay:



                        Be careful, it might make your head explode.

                        I understand the need for privacy, and am not calling for the Church to be transformed into one great boundary-less sensitivity-training session and group hug. But I do think that too much pretense harms us and prevents the Church from fully carrying out its divinely-appointed mission. Furthermore, acting as if we have to merit admission into heaven rather than to seek entrance via the grace of Christ is plain, unambiguous, heresy.
                        That might be the best thing he has ever written. I bet Joni Hilton would disapprove.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • FMCoug
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 6825

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Linky no worky. I wonder if they pulled the essay. That might be offensive even by Meridian Magazine standards.
                          Yep. It is on mormonstories though for posterity.

                          Experience a community where your doubts and questions are valued and understood. We are dedicated to providing a place to explore your faith, share your experiences, and find the support you need during your faith journey. Meridian Magazine - Are You a Liberal Mormon? - By Joni Hilton


                          Boom!

                          *Update* An email response from the Meridian Editorial Team (Hat tip to Kristina OlergÄrd Tenney):

                          “XXX (name withheld here for privacy reasons),

                          The team in charge of editorial today was not on the top of things and we agree that this article is extremely offensive and it will be taken down.
                          It has been removed from the homepage and will be completely deleted from the site before long. There may still be a cached copy if you don’t clear your cache, but it will be removed in the next few hours. God loves everyone, regardless of whether they are liberal or conservative. James E. Faust was a liberal Mormon too.
                          We are embarrassed that it slipped through somehow.”
                          Last edited by FMCoug; 10-31-2013, 03:19 PM.
                          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                          Comment

                          • CardiacCoug
                            вот так штука
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 11013

                            #28
                            Love how she equates "staggering out of a bar" with "heading into the shopping mall on Sundays."

                            Bikinis? Iced Tea? R-rated movies? Holy shit can she concern herself with anything less important?

                            Really does read like something straight out of The Sugar Beet: http://sugar-beet.blogspot.com/

                            Comment

                            • Pheidippides
                              Liberal Feminazi
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 14759

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Speaking of Daniel Peterson, check out this recent essay:



                              Be careful, it might make your head explode.



                              That might be the best thing he has ever written. I bet Joni Hilton would disapprove.
                              Somebody has hacked his account or something. That's gotta be it.
                              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                              Comment

                              • TripletDaddy
                                sweet triple
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 58186

                                #30
                                The most frustrating part is that Joni Hilton probably feels even more justified than ever, proof that even ldsmag.com caters to liberalism instead of standing up for what is right.

                                This somewhat public rebuke reminds me a little of that Brian Williams Mormon exposé that featured the wife that went on about all the righteous things she does, including abstaining from caffeine, turns out she was so righteous the church had to issue a press the release a couple of days later to clarify some of the false things she implied. I wonder if people like that woman or Joni Hilton feel embarrassed a bit or emboldened when they are corrected in such fashion?
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...