183 Semiannual General Conference Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SCcoug
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 7625

    #1

    183 Semiannual General Conference Thread

    Motab women using royal blue ponchos this session.

    Crap misspelled the title. I blame my 2 year old jumping on my lap.
  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
    Time to camp
    • Nov 2008
    • 26082

    #2
    SC saving my collective belief in our group.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

    Comment

    • All-American
      Right, as Usual
      • Nov 2008
      • 15665

      #3
      58k missionaries is now 80k. Impressive.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

      Comment

      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
        Time to camp
        • Nov 2008
        • 26082

        #4
        Originally posted by All-American View Post
        58k missionaries is now 80k. Impressive.
        It was reported to us at dinner last week, or two ago, that in Eugene in the last 2 transfers 18 missionaries have gone home, while 74 missionaries have arrived.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

        Comment

        • All-American
          Right, as Usual
          • Nov 2008
          • 15665

          #5
          Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          It was reported to us at dinner last week, or two ago, that in Eugene in the last 2 transfers 18 missionaries have gone home, while 74 missionaries have arrived.
          We sent them to Eugene? What a waste.
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

          Comment

          • Coach McGuirk
            1
            • Nov 2008
            • 12109

            #6
            Who is still going to a stake center to watch PS tonight?

            Comment

            • All-American
              Right, as Usual
              • Nov 2008
              • 15665

              #7
              Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
              Who is still going to a stake center to watch PS tonight?
              Probably just the relief society president.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

              Comment

              • CardiacCoug
                вот так штука
                • Nov 2008
                • 11013

                #8
                Good talk on the topic of meekness by Elder Soares here.

                Comment

                • CardiacCoug
                  вот так штука
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 11013

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                  Who is still going to a stake center to watch PS tonight?
                  Trying to decide -- thinking my oldest son and I will watch it at home and them go out to dinner.

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69696

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                    Who is still going to a stake center to watch PS tonight?
                    Thinking about it. But probably not. Will still do the after-meeting dinner with my boys either way.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • Hypoplastic
                      Out chasing ambulances
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 110

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                      Who is still going to a stake center to watch PS tonight?
                      I am. I don't think my son will pay attention very well if I don't take him. If I'm being honest I'm sure it will be much more difficult for me to focus if I try to watch at home.

                      Comment

                      • Coach McGuirk
                        1
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 12109

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Hypoplastic View Post
                        I am. I don't think my son will pay attention very well if I don't take him. If I'm being honest I'm sure it will be much more difficult for me to focus if I try to watch at home.
                        Which is why I am staying home. I will "watch conference" while I watch Washington play Stanford.

                        Comment

                        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                          Time to camp
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26082

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                          Who is still going to a stake center to watch PS tonight?
                          I thought rather than ask Lebowski for updates I'd watch with ldc after the Duck game.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69696

                            #14
                            There you have it. Pay your tithing and you don't need ObamaCare.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #15
                              I've never noticed before but E-Bed has weird earlobes.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...