The "Sin or no sin?" Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Moliere
    One man.....one pie
    • Oct 2009
    • 27889

    #16
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Let's suppose your wife forgets to pick up the chuck roast on Saturday (even though you put it right there on the top of the shopping list!) so you are forced to a make an ox-in-the-mire dash to the grocery store. While there you notice that Pepsi products are on sale for $3.99 so you throw a couple of cases in the cart.

    Sin or no sin?
    No sin, unless you masturbated while at the store.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

    Comment

    • RC Vikings
      Known Heterosexual
      • Nov 2008
      • 8789

      #17
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Let's suppose your wife forgets to pick up the chuck roast on Saturday (even though you put it right there on the top of the shopping list!) so you are forced to a make an ox-in-the-mire dash to the grocery store. While there you notice that Pepsi products are on sale for $3.99 so you throw a couple of cases in the cart.

      Sin or no sin?
      No sin since the weather has cooled down, definite sin if this was done in July or August. It's all right there in Sec. 89.

      Comment

      • doctorcoug
        To Win is to Honor Him
        • Jun 2009
        • 2273

        #18
        Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        No sin, unless you masturbated while at the store.
        Eben then that would be questionable.

        via a galaxy s3 far far away
        "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

        "So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #19
          Everything I've ever done
          Everything I ever do
          Every place I've ever been
          Everywhere I'm going to.

          Sin?
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • hostile
            lollygagger
            • Dec 2009
            • 5736

            #20
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Let's suppose your wife forgets to pick up the chuck roast on Saturday (even though you put it right there on the top of the shopping list!) so you are forced to a make an ox-in-the-mire dash to the grocery store. While there you notice that Pepsi products are on sale for $3.99 so you throw a couple of cases in the cart.

            Sin or no sin?
            No sin but only if you use natural, non- manmade means to cool the drink. Its like God foresaw your dilemma and sent the storm this weekend.
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

            "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

            Comment

            • Northwestcoug
              Cocked and Loaded
              • May 2011
              • 18029

              #21
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Everything I've ever done
              Everything I ever do
              Every place I've ever been
              Everywhere I'm going to.

              Sin?
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

              Comment

              • LA Ute
                Receiver of Memory
                • Nov 2008
                • 19512

                #22
                If I feel ill will in my heart against YOhio but never tell anyone or act on my dark desires: sin or no sin?
                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                ― W.H. Auden


                "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                Comment

                • UtahDan
                  *
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 14496

                  #23

                  Comment

                  • MarkGrace
                    Grooveshark dick tease
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 31546

                    #24
                    Skip cooking at home on Sunday's and head straight for brunch after church. That's what we do. Prevents these ox-in-the-mire scenarios where you end up sinning.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69720

                      #25
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Blaming your wife is the biggest sin. Sack up and accept responsibility. Also, $3.99 for a 24-pack or 12-pack? Incredible price for the former, not great for the latter.
                      Hey. I had the Costco list and didn't miss a thing.

                      So you are saying that sin or no sin in this case depends on the depth of the discount? That makes sense.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • myboynoah
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 21719

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Hey. I had the Costco list and didn't miss a thing.

                        So you are saying that sin or no sin in this case depends on the depth of the discount? That makes sense.
                        Warning Will Robinson. Gen Petraeus probably had a similar debate with himself a few years ago.

                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                        For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                        Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                        Comment

                        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                          Time to camp
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26082

                          #27
                          Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                          Skip cooking at home on Sunday's and head straight for brunch after church. That's what we do. Prevents these ox-in-the-mire scenarios where you end up sinning.
                          Taking my brood to brunch after church sounds like what will happen to me if I sin to much in this life.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

                          Comment

                          • SoonerCoug
                            Joycelyn Elders Supporter
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 4680

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Let's suppose your wife forgets to pick up the chuck roast on Saturday (even though you put it right there on the top of the shopping list!) so you are forced to a make an ox-in-the-mire dash to the grocery store. While there you notice that Pepsi products are on sale for $3.99 so you throw a couple of cases in the cart.

                            Sin or no sin?
                            Neither. Unnecessary thread proliferation. I'm sure there is another thread for this.
                            That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

                            http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

                            Comment

                            • Viking
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 6470

                              #29
                              I went to the beach, drank a beer, played in the surf with my youngest, allowing Clueless to slumber in a beach chair for an hour, went to dinner, had a few beers, saw Argo (not that good) with Clueless later, watched Blade Runner and now I'm going to sleep. Going to church on a beach day would be a sin.

                              Comment

                              • hostile
                                lollygagger
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 5736

                                #30
                                Originally posted by Viking View Post
                                I went to the beach, drank a beer, played in the surf with my youngest, allowing Clueless to slumber in a beach chair for an hour, went to dinner, had a few beers, saw Argo (not that good) with Clueless later, watched Blade Runner and now I'm going to sleep. Going to church on a beach day would be a sin.
                                I hope for your sake that Jabari doesn't choose BYU.
                                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                                "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                                Comment

                                Working...