The "Sin or no sin?" Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mrs. Funk
    Lawyer Wannabe
    • Nov 2008
    • 2690

    #31
    Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
    Telling a female investigator on her first visit to an LDS sacrament service that women shouldn't wear business style pants to church. Sin or no sin?
    Appalling. I'm wearing slacks next week in solidarity. And niku better rock a kilt.
    "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

    Comment

    • Jarid in Cedar
      CS Institutional Memory
      • Jun 2009
      • 13234

      #32
      Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      Buying Pepsi instead of Coke? That's more a transgression than a sin.
      Originally posted by eldiente View Post
      Sin. Pepsi sucks
      :anger:
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

      -Rick Majerus

      Comment

      • Uncle Ted
        The Big 12 money shot.
        • Apr 2010
        • 28853

        #33
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Let's suppose your wife forgets to pick up the chuck roast on Saturday (even though you put it right there on the top of the shopping list!) so you are forced to a make an ox-in-the-mire dash to the grocery store. While there you notice that Pepsi products are on sale for $3.99 so you throw a couple of cases in the cart.

        Sin or no sin?
        I would consider it the same as when Jesus (the perfect example) and his disciples were walking through the corn field on Sunday and were hungry so they picked a few to eat. How could they pass up a deal like that on fresh corn?

        Like Jesus, you were walking through soft drink section and was thirsty so you picked up a few cases at a great deal. Of course, the ruling might come down to if the pepsi products that you picked up has corn sweetener in it (clearly no sin) or if it was diet (maybe no sin).
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69718

          #34
          Originally posted by Viking View Post
          I went to the beach, drank a beer, played in the surf with my youngest, allowing Clueless to slumber in a beach chair for an hour, went to dinner, had a few beers, saw Argo (not that good) with Clueless later, watched Blade Runner and now I'm going to sleep. Going to church on a beach day would be a sin.
          You forgot a whole bunch of these --->
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • MarkGrace
            Grooveshark dick tease
            • Dec 2008
            • 31546

            #35
            Originally posted by Viking View Post
            I went to the beach, drank a beer, played in the surf with my youngest, allowing Clueless to slumber in a beach chair for an hour, went to dinner, had a few beers, saw Argo (not that good) with Clueless later, watched Blade Runner and now I'm going to sleep. Going to church on a beach day would be a sin.
            A very smart member of this forum has made a compelling argument that beer is not against the WoW. As long as you get to church once this quarter you should still be on course for baptism.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

            Comment

            • byu71
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 22070

              #36
              Originally posted by Viking View Post
              I went to the beach, drank a beer, played in the surf with my youngest, allowing Clueless to slumber in a beach chair for an hour, went to dinner, had a few beers, saw Argo (not that good) with Clueless later, watched Blade Runner and now I'm going to sleep. Going to church on a beach day would be a sin.
              I am glad you mentioned the day with family members. That outweighs the fact you had a few beers.

              Of course had you gone to church with your family and not had the beers you would have been closer to being translated.

              Comment

              • Moliere
                One man.....one pie
                • Oct 2009
                • 27886

                #37
                Originally posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
                Appalling. I'm wearing slacks next week in solidarity. And niku better rock a kilt.
                We have a guy that wears a skirt about once a month.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                Comment

                • Sullyute
                  a day late/a dollar short
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 3308

                  #38
                  Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  No sin, unless you masturbated while at the store.
                  Dang it, you just made me snort out loud at work!
                  "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

                  Comment

                  Working...