Originally posted by Topper
View Post
The Marriage(s)(?) of Jesus
Collapse
X
-
My view on this isn't dogmatic; if I think the evidence warrants a change in my view, I'll make it.
-
Jesus was an archetype.Originally posted by RC Vikings View PostI'm guessing he was married and i'm also guessing this is why we have the 3rd commandment.
Leave a comment:
-
3D is very funny.
I still don't why this is news, why it rates a NY Times front page story.
Leave a comment:
-
I'm guessing he was married and i'm also guessing this is why we have the 3rd commandment.
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by LevinI genuinely hope it's not also the salient characterstic of your offline life.
Leave a comment:
-
DDD: that was a rude comment
Wuap: you overreacted.
Now can you two just hug it out and knock this off? TIA.
Leave a comment:
-
Tact when it comes to posting about women? I wonder what we would find if we explored some of your old posts that involve women.Originally posted by wuapinmon View PostDon't argue with him. He'll play coy all night long and try and lay the blame on those attacking him. He's already attempting to cast a negative light on us by claiming that we're bad because we too think she's ugly. Whether we do or not is irrelevant to the fact that if we do think so, we had tact enough to not mock the woman for it.
I don't think you are bad for any of this, btw. As I stated earlier, I just think you are projecting.
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by wuapinmon View Postmy judgment is based on his actions, not whether or not his body is attractive.
Leave a comment:
-
DDD is a jerk? That's news to me. Any word on whether or not IPU is a conservative?
Leave a comment:
-
But you are attacking him for something he didn't say. And then you stoop to personal insults. You have tendency to launch insults if you don't like an argument or something somebody does.Originally posted by wuapinmon View PostDid you really have a point, or were you just trying to dabble in moral relativism? So what if I called him a pendejo...he's here to defend himself, and my judgment is based on his actions, not whether or not his body is attractive. Huge difference there. If you can't see that then I can't help you.
DDD can be clever, smug, or smirky, but he usually desists from being directly rude to the person he is debating.
You accuse him of demeaning somebody he has never met and with whom he is not conversing. Then you attack him in a language he doesn't speak.
Now you are attacking his personal physique, which according to some witnesses is quite attractive. What is your point? You desire to have some grounds for moral outrage against a perceived opponent of yours?
Leave a comment:
-
Did you really have a point, or were you just trying to dabble in moral relativism? So what if I called him a pendejo...he's here to defend himself, and my judgment is based on his actions, not whether or not his body is attractive. Huge difference there. If you can't see that then I can't help you.Originally posted by Topper View PostI can only speak what local Mexicans mean when use the term. I do not pretend to speak anything elegant in regards to Spanish but instead speak a gutter Spanish, where guys speak about sticking their chorizos in special places. Pendejo to them is not polite and you're just mincing words. You were not being polite to DDD but instead were behaving directly to him in the manner of which you were accusing him. The locals also say things like, Chingole cabrones, chupamelos, culero, chupa tu mader, pendejo, but that is not polite either.
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by TripletDaddy View PostHere we have a photo of a woman that might fit a similar mold. No comment is made about her appearance, although it is clear that a lot of inferences were made. People jump up to protest but the protesters are the ones that make the most blatant emphasis on this woman's attractiveness. How can you protest something that was never said unless you, yourself feel that this woman is unattractive?
Me too.
Comments were made and inferred about her appearance.
Leave a comment:
-
The hypersensitivity here is comical, in light of the other moments of satire and complete disrespect demonstrated. Take no offense at anything somebody does or says, so you may enjoy the show. It all becomes comical theatre in that light.Originally posted by TripletDaddy View PostAre you disagreeing with my observation? With what, specifically? It is entirely accurate.
by the way, did you ever find a restaurant for dinner? where did you eat?
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by wuapinmon View Posthttp://lema.rae.es/drae/?val=pendejo
I know exactly what the words I use mean, and I mean all of those, especially #8. But, I also have no qualms about using a stronger word, like your mistranslation, when it's called for. Given your posts on Cougarguard I didn't reckon you for a translation literalist, trying to infuse latent English meaning into a word that has neither the same connotation nor definition in English. Neither "mother" nor "fucker" can be subsumed into "pendejo."

Facile. Like the gatekeeping has never entered into newsmaking. The media do a great job of framing stories to suit their narratives, including convincing someone to be photographed holding something, without an agent present to help them consider the intertext it will produce.
I can only speak what local Mexicans mean when use the term. I do not pretend to speak anything elegant in regards to Spanish but instead speak a gutter Spanish, where guys speak about sticking their chorizos in special places. Pendejo to them is not polite and you're just mincing words. You were not being polite to DDD but instead were behaving directly to him in the manner of which you were accusing him. The locals also say things like, Chingole cabrones, chupamelos, culero, chupa tu mader, pendejo, but that is not polite either.Last edited by Topper; 09-18-2012, 06:07 PM.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: