The 182nd Annual General Conference Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • grapevine
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 1992

    #46
    I might listen to some on the radio if I am close enough to it. Will be feeding if conference is on and I wind up driving. That job takes 15 minutes if we don't get stuck. PB audit report same thing every time now who pays attention to that.

    You are free to skip end of stat report thanks to another thread I started. I got conference dvred. You can even watch priesthood on the computer for those that get home too late. Do like to see sustainings to see were the new ga's are from or if I know any personally. As well as Area Seventies. If ten new people are called to the first quorom of the Seventy than it will be maxed out. Whole PB is over Seventy wonder if they will get released. Doubt it as Dick is scheduled to speak in a CES fireside in November. Been in forever. Interesting. Other than that will listen or watch it between naps and errands. Like I always have. Though Priests in our ward are going to it. Hoping to get into some of the sessions. In overflow areas GA's will shake hands easier though.

    Oh yeah final four is tommorrow wonder if that will keep some people away from conference.

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69716

      #47
      Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      What time does PH start? I have a double date set up tomorrow at 6. If something important happens can someone text me?
      I would be happy to. Go ahead and post your cell phone number.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • Sleeping in EQ
        Philosopher of Men
        • Nov 2008
        • 4188

        #48
        Originally posted by scottie View Post
        I predict the most vanilla messages in GC history for Mitt's sake.
        Agreed. We might have a serious political neutrality message, though.
        We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

        Comment

        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
          Time to camp
          • Nov 2008
          • 26082

          #49
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          I would be happy to. Go ahead and post your cell phone number.
          XXX-XXX-XXXX, I thought you already had it.
          Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 03-31-2012, 09:54 AM.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

          Comment

          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
            Time to camp
            • Nov 2008
            • 26082

            #50
            Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
            Agreed. We might have a serious political neutrality message, though.
            They'll save the neutrality talks for October. GC will get a lot more attention for Mitt then.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

            Comment

            • LA Ute
              Receiver of Memory
              • Nov 2008
              • 19512

              #51
              Is anyone actually going to attend GC and try to listen to a session or two? I need someone to one-up me on taking GC seriously. I'll never be able to keep up with those of you who have made a science of doing the opposite.
              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
              ― W.H. Auden


              "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


              "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

              Comment

              • hostile
                lollygagger
                • Dec 2009
                • 5736

                #52
                Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                Is anyone actually going to attend GC and try to listen to a session or two? I need someone to one-up me on taking GC seriously. I'll never be able to keep up with those of you who have made a science of doing the opposite.
                I had tickets for Priesthood but I will be in the hospital all day and most of the evening. I will not be taking conference seriously today.
                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #53
                  Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                  Is anyone actually going to attend GC and try to listen to a session or two? I need someone to one-up me on taking GC seriously. I'll never be able to keep up with those of you who have made a science of doing the opposite.
                  Probably Tex.

                  Great company.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • creekster
                    It is NOT a monkey!
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22661

                    #54
                    Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                    Is anyone actually going to attend GC and try to listen to a session or two? I need someone to one-up me on taking GC seriously. I'll never be able to keep up with those of you who have made a science of doing the opposite.
                    Geez. You make me feel bad. I will listen to a couple of sessions at least, but on the radio probably. Even so, you're right, bad attitude. je m'excuse.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                    Comment

                    • Northwestcoug
                      Cocked and Loaded
                      • May 2011
                      • 18029

                      #55
                      I'm visiting family in Canada today, and driving home all day tomorrow. I'll be relying on this thread to keep me informed. Keep the posts coming!
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

                      Comment

                      • Portland Ute
                        Junior Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 5647

                        #56
                        IT'S TIME FOR KICKOFF!

                        Comment

                        • Portland Ute
                          Junior Member
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 5647

                          #57
                          President Monson is in attendance and his physical appearance appears unchanged from prior years.

                          Granted, he is seated.

                          Comment

                          • Portland Ute
                            Junior Member
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 5647

                            #58
                            President Monson opens conference.

                            Seems fine physically and mentally.

                            Stark contrast to his appearance and mental state in Priesthood session last conference.

                            Comment

                            • Northwestcoug
                              Cocked and Loaded
                              • May 2011
                              • 18029

                              #59
                              Damn. I already lost the "will Pres. Monson speak in GC" bet.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

                              Comment

                              • Clark Addison
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 10311

                                #60
                                I am currently standing in line at Costco. About three minutes ago I ran into my very conservative bishop's wife. She seemed VERY embarrassed to be seen here, and assured me that they were recording it.

                                Comment

                                Working...