The manipulation pattern

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Moliere
    One man.....one pie
    • Oct 2009
    • 27886

    #16
    Friends of Scouting....and I'm not kidding. I was not the manipulator.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

    Comment

    • grapevine
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2009
      • 1992

      #17
      Our bishop was really on us for friends of scouting. Said the prophet supports scouting and wants us too arm of chair. Really pushed for them to get enough donations. I support scouting myself. When he called people to task for complaining said Propeht said so so we support him.

      Comment

      • creekster
        It is NOT a monkey!
        • Nov 2008
        • 22661

        #18
        Originally posted by Danimal View Post
        No more than any other thread on CUF. Your comparison seems marginal.
        I disagree. I think your defense seems marginal. That's not too productive to exchange that sort of comment, is it? I think this would have been a more productive and potentially interesting thread if you had defined what you mean by "the manipulation pattern." But you are obviously under no obligation to do so and I will now bow out.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

        Comment

        • Danimal
          Junior Member
          • May 2009
          • 387

          #19
          Originally posted by creekster View Post
          I disagree. I think your defense seems marginal. That's not too productive to exchange that sort of comment, is it? I think this would have been a more productive and potentially interesting thread if you had defined what you mean by "the manipulation pattern." But you are obviously under no obligation to do so and I will now bow out.
          I was looking for some amusing stories, not a debate on the proper definition of manipulation. I'd love to hear more stories...

          Comment

          • tooblue
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 5136

            #20
            Originally posted by Danimal View Post
            No more than any other thread on CUF. Your comparison seems marginal.
            And there goes another marginalized poster out the door ... ah, well, you didn't want him here in the first place.

            Comment

            • Babs
              Not a Lawyer
              • Nov 2008
              • 17128

              #21
              Originally posted by tooblue View Post
              And there goes another marginalized poster out the door ... ah, well, you didn't want him here in the first place.
              marginalized?! lol. he's a friggin admin!!

              Comment

              • tooblue
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 5136

                #22
                Originally posted by Babs View Post
                marginalized?! lol. he's a friggin admin!!
                Doesn't change the fact he's bowing out

                Comment

                • creekster
                  It is NOT a monkey!
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22661

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Danimal View Post
                  I was looking for some amusing stories, not a debate on the proper definition of manipulation. I'd love to hear more stories...
                  I lied. I am going to post again. sorry.

                  That is my point. I reject the pejorative connotation and negative premise. I may not be alone. Thus, I and any like me, will not contribute stories.

                  This time I will really try to stop.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                  Comment

                  • Babs
                    Not a Lawyer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 17128

                    #24
                    Originally posted by creekster View Post
                    I reject the pejorative connotation and negative premise. Thus, I and any like me will not contribute stories.
                    wow. talk about manipulation!

                    Comment

                    • creekster
                      It is NOT a monkey!
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 22661

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Babs View Post
                      wow. talk about manipulation!
                      LEts see, how does triplet say it? Sorry, just being honest.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                      Comment

                      • Babs
                        Not a Lawyer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 17128

                        #26
                        Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        LEts see, how does triplet say it? Sorry, just being honest.
                        seems like you could 'just be honest' without decreeing that other members of our more conservative wing will not participate in the thread.

                        Comment

                        • jay santos
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 13652

                          #27
                          A missionary in my mission, rebellious kid out maybe six months. Living in an apartment with the AP's. One AP was a complete a-hole and constantly in this guy's face over every rule. The elder wasn't doing something right like waking up on time or something, I forget. The AP says will you commit to wake up on time from now on. The elder says "will you commit to suck my d***?" That kid became the mission hero.

                          Comment

                          • creekster
                            It is NOT a monkey!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22661

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Babs View Post
                            seems like you could 'just be honest' without decreeing that other members of our more conservative wing will not participate in the thread.
                            I wasn't decreeing it. I have no idea if they will or they wont. In fact, perhaps by pointing out what I think is the unduly pejorative assumption it will encourage conservative wing members to post.

                            Heck, I could share some of these sorts of experiences from my firm's partnership meetings, where we always govern by consensus. Always. It doesn't have much to do with Church, really.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                            Comment

                            • tooblue
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 5136

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Babs View Post
                              seems like you could 'just be honest' without decreeing that other members of our more conservative wing will not participate in the thread.
                              There was this time I was admitted into a secret, private forum on an Internet message board and ... oh never mind, that's too sacrosanct to talk about here.

                              Comment

                              • The_Tick
                                Made something of myself
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7295

                                #30
                                Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                                There was this time I was admitted into a secret, private forum on an Internet message board and ... oh never mind, that's too sacrosanct to talk about here.
                                I like you...but you come off like a kid who isn't getting his way most of the time.

                                Comment

                                Working...