The Official Patriarchal Blessing Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Pheidippides
    Liberal Feminazi
    • Nov 2008
    • 14759

    #46
    Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Interesting FYI I learned from a patriarch. Declaration of lineage is the only thing required in the blessing (in addition to the usual state authority and in Jesus Christ's name). It would be a perfectly acceptable blessing to open state what tribe the individual descends from (literal or adopted) and then close.

    The SP also reviews random sampling of the blessings. It isn't stated but I think this is to watch for signs of senility since it is a lifetime calling.

    Richard Bushman (Rough Stone Rolling) is a patriarch. He is currently non-functioning since he lives in CA and was ordained in New York.
    He was functioning when I lived in NY - he was in my ward and stake. This was also at the time that he wrote RSR (I know many of the people who read early drafts). He's a great guy.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

    Comment

    • Flystripper
      Degenerate Gambler
      • Nov 2008
      • 14095

      #47
      Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
      Mine said I was blessed with the ability to recognize the truth. That's why I didn't second-guess my decision to leave the Church.
      Just so you know, I am a student of your posts and I dig your vibe.
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

      Comment

      • bag
        Junior Member
        • Jul 2009
        • 148

        #48
        Originally posted by byu71 View Post
        I wouldn't say many blessings are right on. Most are explained or spun to be right on. I should qualify it to say, "most of the ones people have shared with me".

        That being said, being prone to be deceived by Santa's servants and she married you, well I don't know if you have to spin that one.
        That's pretty funny. It reminds me of an ad in a newspaper in Logan that advertised Santa at the mall, but it talked about Satan instead.

        Comment

        • Portland Ute
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 5647

          #49
          Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          Don't feel bad, you have your hands full.

          Comment

          • Portland Ute
            Junior Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 5647

            #50
            My blessing is very ambiguous and vague. No real specifics at all.

            My wife's, however, is pretty specific in some things.

            Among other things, it says she will be blessed with sons. Nothing about daughters at all.

            We have 3 boys and no plans of any additional kids. Interesting.

            Comment

            • Moliere
              One man.....one pie
              • Oct 2009
              • 27898

              #51
              Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
              Don't feel bad, you have your hands full.
              Hmmmm.....not sure about that....

              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

              Comment

              Working...