No announcement yet.

I learned in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've been back to normal for the last month or two in our YSA ward in Orem. We're stacked pretty tight in EQ. I looked around the room and figured about 2/3 - 3/4 wear masks.

Comment

• We will be returning to some semblance of normal (but not really) in a couple of weeks. Still working out some of the details - the stake still wants masks and social distancing and told the wards to work out the details. We're in an old building with pretty small classrooms. So I think what he figures is we'll do the 3 feet apart that the CDC recommended for elementary school kids. Because there aren't enough large rooms, I think he's going to do Sunday school week in person - with primary but no nursery. And then on PH/RS week we'll have the YM and YW meet in person, but RS and EQ will still be over zoom.

It's been interesting watching our bishop through this. He is definitely an anti-masker, as is his wife. But he also wants to do what the stake president asks, doesn't want to offend anyone who has concerns for their own health due to the advanced age of many in our ward, and definitely doesn't want to show up on the news as an epicenter of transmission. We'll probably be the first in our building to go back, but that isn't saying much. I learned that in a Bishop's meeting one of the other bishops complained that we've had more freedom than them, because we never stopped singing the hymns, just used masks while doing it. Meanwhile, they've been listening to Copelius and friends for their music every week.

Comment

• We're get to have the full ward in attendance for Sacrament Meeting starting May 9 (originally we were in 3 groups then merged down to 2), masks still required but not the enforced social distancing where we skipped every row. No second hour, no primary, but YM/YW can renew their weekly activities.

Honestly, the only thing I really want is to get back to having 1 set of missionaries conering two stakes instead of a pair dedicated to our stake. 7 wards in the stake and 1 pair of elders basically means they expect me to keep them busy one night a week. They're driving me nuts, bless their hearts.

Comment

• Someone that just moved in, may be testimony regular. Needed farm ground to hunt for waterfowl. The Lord answers all are prayers. He visited fossil beds. Asked why some animals were extinct. Didn’t have time to tell us in testimony meeting but got the answer. Will tell us if we ask. Hopefully when we are throttling our opponents on hs football field and I am announcing they won’t come and ask people to get there cars out of the way.

previous occupants did that. Not professional if pa announcer told them were to go. Hopefully that won’t be a problem. Parking in front of there home during football games.

Comment

Working...
          X