Originally posted by RC Vikings
View Post
Do fathers need anything?
Collapse
X
-
-
We got regular sized crunch bars. Gross. I think the wax content in those things is close to 50%.Originally posted by The_Tick View PostHershey's Chocolate Bar.
Not the Fun Size version, nor the King Size. Just the regular.Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.
Dig your own grave, and save!
"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American
"I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
The relief society made us cookies. I'm sure there were a few three hour meetings to plan it, lots of bitching at the homes of the women who had to make them, and quite a few posts complaining about the whole experience on the female equivalent of CUF.
Comment
-
-
-
Our Bishop gave up on doing anything for mothers or fathers on either day.
I remember talking to him once about it and he said something along the lines of if you do something, half the ward bitches. If you don't do anything, the other half of the ward bitches. So as long as half of the ward is going to bitch, you might as well do the thing that doesn't cost anything.
Although he does enjoy teasing the RS president that they can't afford to get anything for the women because they are saving up to get grills for the men on Father's Day. He also likes to get a reaction from her by suggesting that the RS set up some tables and serve dinner for the men to eat prior to the Priesthood session of General Conference; much like the men do for the women prior to the General Women's meeting. But now I'm getting off topic.
The primary kids always make something for Mom or Dad out of paper.
And they come into Relief Society or Priesthood and sing - every other year, not to both in the same year. I have no idea why.
For Mother's day, the RS did ask for help getting subs so that all of the women could attend RS. So men taught primary and the Bishopric took the YW classes. That's about as "special" as it gets for anyone here at church.
Comment

Comment