I like Dieter's chances

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • woot
    Resident Science Cop
    • Nov 2008
    • 5531

    #46
    Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
    CougarBoard just dinged me for this post:

    President Kimball said he might not have given blacks the priesthood if he weren't afraid that his successor (Benson) would never do it. (See SL Tribune article with direct quote from SWK on the matter a few months ago.)

    Whenever people complain about ultraconservative crazy people in the Q of the 12, I cite this example as a reason they're useful.



    It was a response to this post mocking Harry Reid:

    The priesthood revelation wouldn't have happened without Harry Reid. You don't have to believe me, but it's true.
    Dinged how? Like suspension?

    Comment

    • SoonerCoug
      Joycelyn Elders Supporter
      • Nov 2008
      • 4680

      #47
      Originally posted by woot View Post
      Dinged how? Like suspension?
      Yes, now suspended. Screw them.
      That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

      http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

      Comment

      • DapperDan
        Whut?
        • Mar 2010
        • 1132

        #48
        Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
        You're not seeing all the other stuff that got deleted. I was cited for inferring that President Benson was crazy when I said that crazy ultraconservatives can be useful.
        After having a message deleted for "blasphemy" I expect virtually all religious posts I make there to get deleted. I'm pleasantly surprised when they aren't.

        Comment

        • Commando
          Explosivo
          • Feb 2009
          • 20748

          #49
          Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
          You're not seeing all the other stuff that got deleted. I was cited for "inferring" that President Benson was crazy when I said that crazy ultraconservatives can be useful.
          wtf. Why does anyone still post on that retarded board on real subjects other than football? Those mods are serious dumb shits.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

          Comment

          • pellegrino
            miserere me
            • Jan 2009
            • 12100

            #50
            Originally posted by Medfordcoug View Post
            I really liked that talk. So who was offended?
            The man received nasty hate mail from it. Very low class imo.
            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
            Alessandro Manzoni

            Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

            pelagius

            Comment

            • Indy Coug
              Heartless Bastard
              • Dec 2008
              • 18747

              #51
              Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
              4. Russell Marion Nelson (b. 1924)
              Elder Nelson is seriously 86 years old? Man, I'm really impressed. He seems like he is at least 10 years younger than that. My grandma is 88 and she seems like she is 20 years older than him.
              Everything in life is an approximation.

              http://twitter.com/CougarStats

              Comment

              • Moliere
                One man.....one pie
                • Oct 2009
                • 27886

                #52
                Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
                Refreshing to be accused of being honest for a change.
                Well, I only scoped in "sharing personal thoughts" so take it for what it's worth. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy your stories but they do the same thing to me that Pres. Monson's page-turning toe story does to others.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                Comment

                Working...