What is more damaging?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • byu71
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22070

    #1

    What is more damaging?

    to people inside the church and even those outside of the church.

    Men who sneak looks at Playboy, SI swimsuit and other comparable stuff or men in the church who pull off massive financial scams.

    Anyone have a theory why we don't hear more about the sacred duty of being honest in dealing with our fellow men. Seems porn gets more attention.

    Maybe it is because we need to protect our youth and our youth aren't in a position to rip people off.
    Last edited by creekster; 01-27-2010, 03:51 PM.
  • Donuthole
    Official Outgayer
    • Nov 2008
    • 25268

    #2
    No, is is more damaging!
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

    Comment

    • mUUser
      Giggity
      • Jul 2009
      • 1142

      #3
      I once noticed an Amish man sneaking a peek at SI Swimsuit edition in Costco. He didn't seem bothered by it. Neither was I. The Amish are more misunderstood than LDS.

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #4
        Was, not was.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • byu71
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 22070

          #5
          Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          No, is is more damaging!
          I don't know how to fix it. I thought it would be a good subject and now all that will happen is I will be mocked and ridiculed.

          I honestly know the difference between the words "what" and "was". I could have also used "which"

          Comment

          • Indy Coug
            Heartless Bastard
            • Dec 2008
            • 18747

            #6
            Originally posted by byu71 View Post
            to people inside the church and even those outside of the church.

            Men who sneak looks at Playboy, SI swimsuit and other comparable stuff or men in the church who pull off massive financial scams.

            Anyone have a theory why we don't hear more about the sacred duty of being honest in dealing with our fellow men. Seems porn gets more attention.

            Maybe it is because we need to protect our youth and our youth aren't in a position to rip people off.
            Why is this an either/or proposition?
            Everything in life is an approximation.

            http://twitter.com/CougarStats

            Comment

            • creekster
              It is NOT a monkey!
              • Nov 2008
              • 22661

              #7
              Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              I don't know how to fix it. I thought it would be a good subject and now all that will happen is I will be mocked and ridiculed.

              I honestly know the difference between the words "what" and "was". I could have also used "which"
              FIxed.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

              Comment

              • byu71
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22070

                #8
                Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                Why is this an either/or proposition?
                Good question. If they are both problems, why would one of the problems get more air time.

                Comment

                • Donuthole
                  Official Outgayer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 25268

                  #9
                  Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  FIxed.
                  That's some sweet irony, there.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                  There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                  Comment

                  • RobinFinderson
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 10548

                    #10
                    Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                    to people inside the church and even those outside of the church.

                    Men who sneak looks at Playboy, SI swimsuit and other comparable stuff or men in the church who pull off massive financial scams.

                    Anyone have a theory why we don't hear more about the sacred duty of being honest in dealing with our fellow men. Seems porn gets more attention.

                    Maybe it is because we need to protect our youth and our youth aren't in a position to rip people off.
                    I vote for financial scams, since looking at porn isn't damaging to people whose religion doesn't forbid it.

                    Comment

                    • creekster
                      It is NOT a monkey!
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 22661

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      That's some sweet irony, there.
                      Thank you.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                      Comment

                      • Donuthole
                        Official Outgayer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 25268

                        #12
                        Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                        I vote for financial scams, since looking at porn isn't damaging to people whose religion doesn't forbid it.
                        Well financial scams aren't damaging to the people who get away with them.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                        Comment

                        • byu71
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22070

                          #13
                          Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          FIxed.
                          Thanks and to the "mockers".:moon:

                          Comment

                          • smokymountainrain
                            Impressive Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22593

                            #14
                            Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                            to people inside the church and even those outside of the church.

                            Men who sneak looks at Playboy, SI swimsuit and other comparable stuff or men in the church who pull off massive financial scams.

                            Anyone have a theory why we don't hear more about the sacred duty of being honest in dealing with our fellow men. Seems porn gets more attention.

                            Maybe it is because we need to protect our youth and our youth aren't in a position to rip people off.
                            Perhaps porn is more common than guys pulling off massive financial scams.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

                            Comment

                            • creekster
                              It is NOT a monkey!
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22661

                              #15
                              Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              Perhaps porn is more common than guys pulling off massive financial scams.
                              ANd is more likely to affect the family realtionship dynamic across a broader spectrum than the showy but less common scam.

                              Neither shoudl eb encouraged or ignored, however.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                              Comment

                              Working...