Is sex sacred?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Color Me Badd Fan
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 12519

    #106
    Originally posted by pelagius View Post
    I didn't check that (although it does seems like a reasonable test) but I think the following is a evidence is favor of the Deseret Book hypothesis. She did an interview with KSL in 2001 on her book, Purity and Passion. (http://www.deseretmail.net/authors/a...rview_id=115):



    Since the book seems to have developed directly out of the talk I can see why they would pull it.
    Maybe this belongs in the Christmas present for a spouse thread. But if you're sick of your wife playfully grabbing your wiener while you're getting ready in the morning, woefully ignorant of her own ice cold hands, I think giving a copy of Purity and Passion would make quite a statement. If there's one thing we husbands get sick of, it's when our wives treat our wieners like their own little plaything, especially when their hands are really cold.
    Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 11-19-2009, 01:52 PM.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

    Comment

    • Color Me Badd Fan
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2009
      • 12519

      #107
      Originally posted by pelagius View Post
      She has multiple talks on that same website:

      2000: pre-marriage http://ce.byu.edu/cw/womensconferenc...ripts.cfm#2000
      2007: married http://ce.byu.edu/cw/womensconferenc...ripts.cfm#2007

      I know everyone loves intrigue but if I had to guess I would say that the talk is not on the website because it has been published in other venues. It was sold as a talk on tape by Deseret Book and it is, I believe, a chapter in her book. Might have Deseret Book asked it to be pulled for revenue maximization reasons?
      Perhaps I have overstated my own point, maybe she isn't so prominent that Deseret Book is trying to clamp down on access to her 1999 Women's Conference talk in order to realize hundreds of more dollars of revenue from the women that camped outside of Deseret Book on the eve of the release of Passion and Purity.
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

      Comment

      • jay santos
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 13652

        #108
        Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
        That was a beautiful thread. Santos accuses me of apparently saying something that made him sick, but when pressed was completely unable to point out what it was.
        It was pretty obvious I was referring to your response in the CB thread. I clicked on the CB thread but it didn't come up for me.

        Comment

        • LA Ute
          Receiver of Memory
          • Nov 2008
          • 19512

          #109
          Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          Maybe this belongs in the Christmas present for a spouse thread. But if you're sick of your wife playfully grabbing your wiener while you're getting ready in the morning, woefully ignorant of her own ice cold hands, I think giving a copy of Purity and Passion would make quite a statement. If there's one thing we husbands get sick of, it's when our wives treat our wieners like their own little plaything, especially when their hands are really cold.
          Stay classy, CMBF, stay classy.
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden


          "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


          "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

          Comment

          • UtahDan
            *
            • Nov 2008
            • 14496

            #110
            Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
            Stay classy, CMBF, stay classy.
            CMBF causes the same reaction for me as when I scold my two year old and she back sasses me. I try to keep a straight face because I know I shouldn't laugh under the circumstances, but I can't help myself.

            Comment

            • Color Me Badd Fan
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2009
              • 12519

              #111
              Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
              Stay classy, CMBF, stay classy.
              On a related note, think of the comedy potential if we started a thread where we came up with a second line to the title for Purity and Passion.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

              Comment

              • pelagius
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 5288

                #112
                Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                On a related note, think of the comedy potential if we started a thread where we came up with a second line to the title for Purity and Passion.
                Well, it actually does have a second line, enjoy: "Spiritual Truths about Intimacy That Will Strengthen Your Marriage"

                Comment

                • Color Me Badd Fan
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 12519

                  #113
                  Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                  Well, it actually does have a second line, enjoy: "Spiritual Truths about Intimacy That Will Strengthen Your Marriage"
                  zzzzzz.

                  If they truly wanted to sell copies of this book, here's my suggestion:

                  "How To Cure Your Husband Of The Physical Attraction He Has For You."
                  Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 11-19-2009, 03:56 PM.
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #114
                    Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                    Maybe this belongs in the Christmas present for a spouse thread. But if you're sick of your wife playfully grabbing your wiener while you're getting ready in the morning, woefully ignorant of her own ice cold hands, I think giving a copy of Purity and Passion would make quite a statement. If there's one thing we husbands get sick of, it's when our wives treat our wieners like their own little plaything, especially when their hands are really cold.
                    I think it is a good thing that I will never meet some of the spouses on this board. I just don't know what I would say in that situation.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69746

                      #115
                      My wife played a major role in last year's Women's Conference. A big part of the conference is humanitarian/service projects.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • wuapinmon
                        Soul Plumber
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 30711

                        #116
                        Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                        zzzzzz.

                        If they truly wanted to sell copies of this book, here's my suggestion:

                        "How To Cure Your Husband Of The Physical Attraction He Has For You."
                        Dude, I think you're going over the top with this. It annoys me too, but you sound like a New Yorker going off on this.
                        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #117
                          I just wanted to say thanks to Niku for sharing his experience. And that I appreciated what Marsupial said and that I agree with her.

                          I do consider sex sacred mostly because of the procreative powers that are employed during the act. I also think that sex outside the bounds of marriage cheapens the act. And if not the act, I'm inclined to say those involved.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Moliere
                            One man.....one pie
                            • Oct 2009
                            • 27898

                            #118
                            This thread made me think of one of my favorite cartoons of all time...



                            Translastion:

                            Boy: Alright, we took off our clothes, I got on top of you...How many times is it going to take to have pleasure?

                            Girl: I don't know but I've already got a headache!
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                            Comment

                            • wuapinmon
                              Soul Plumber
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 30711

                              #119
                              bump
                              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                              Comment

                              • RobinFinderson
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 10548

                                #120
                                Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
                                I don't want the government in my bedroom or God in my bedroom...
                                It isn't God that you have to worry about. More like your dead grandparents.

                                Comment

                                Working...