Is there a finer LDS hymn than "Redeemer of Israel?"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Katy Lied
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 9435

    #91
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Thanks a lot. Now I will have that stuck in my head all day.
    That made me laugh.

    Comment

    • I.J. Reilly
      Nobody's Fool
      • Apr 2009
      • 2949

      #92
      I have a friend who is currently having a discussion on his Facebook wall about hymns. I found this story interesting and thought I'd share it here:

      True story: A guy that I dated when I was in high school wasn't a member of the Church when we started dating, and actually tried finding stuff online to convince me that I should leave the Church. He found a MoTab version of If You Could Hie to Kolob and used it as an example of how weird Mormons are, but he secretly loved it and listened to it all the time. He ended up getting baptized and served a mission. So, weird hymns ftw.

      Comment

      • CardiacCoug
        вот так штука
        • Nov 2008
        • 11013

        #93
        Bump for another good Hymns thread.

        Love that story IJR -- sorry it took me 28 months to let you know.

        Comment

        • Pelado
          Bald not naked
          • Sep 2010
          • 21157

          #94
          Redeemer of Israel is a good one. I remember hearing an alternate tenor line that goes way high and was really cool. I think it was from a companion in the mission field. It was way too high for me (especially since I don't usually even sing tenor) but it sounded pretty awesome from a capable tenor.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

          Comment

          • Copelius
            Maker of eyeballs
            • Dec 2012
            • 4076

            #95
            Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            Redeemer of Israel is a good one. I remember hearing an alternate tenor line that goes way high and was really cool. I think it was from a companion in the mission field. It was way too high for me (especially since I don't usually even sing tenor) but it sounded pretty awesome from a capable tenor.
            I sang a duet with a tenor once in which we sang all 6 verses. We each sang a verse solo and then alternated melody and harmony for 3 verses and then did the last verse in unison with him singing an octave higher the last line or two. My wife accompanied us on the organ, stealing some Wilberg riffs. One of my favorite musical numbers I've done.

            Speaking of Wilberg, we're closing out MSW this week with Redeemer of Israel if anyone wants a fresh listen.
            “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

            Comment

            Working...