What's for lunch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    r&r is horrendous and offensive. no better than dickeys.
    It has been more than a year since I have been there. I wouldn't be surprised if this is true. It does have beer though, so it has that on Dickeys.

The restaurant group that is expanding it is the same one that was involved in Mo Bettah's, which went from really good when it had a few locations to inedible.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I actually think Dickey's was better than R&R. I had the R&R brisket, and was looking for salt & pepper as the brisket lacked flavor. It dawned on me that they probably expect people to use BBQ sauce on it.

Comment

Good to know.

Speaking of which, I went to La Jolla Groves the other day for the first time (in spite of it not being far from my home). Holy cow, it was terrible. Village Inn quality food with a high price tag.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Good to know.

Speaking of which, I went to La Jolla Groves the other day for the first time (in spite of it not being far from my home). Holy cow, it was terrible. Village Inn quality food with a high price tag.
          A good description for sure.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirleyshup
            Some sandwiches and fries.
            Yum! What kind of sandwich?
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• It can learn . . .
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Cuckcoo Rooster
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• 2M smokehouse. San Antonio isn't well known for BBQ like many other locations in Texas, but man this place is top notch. Fantastic brisket

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                    2M smokehouse. San Antonio isn't well known for BBQ like many other locations in Texas, but man this place is top notch. Fantastic brisket
                    Looks fantastic!
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• I recently subscribed to Freshly, which delivers fresh (not frozen!) pre-made meals. I was surprised how many different options they have, and so far I have only disliked 1 or 2 of the options. The rest have been very tasty. If I buy enough of them (I get 8 meals delivered every other week and freeze them), it comes out to about $9 a meal. That's probably over-priced still, but I would spend $11.50 at Chipotle so this isn't bad.

The best part for me is that they are all less than 600 calories, with some less than 500. I've had a hard time finding low calorie meals that actually taste decent. I've lost about 10 lbs since I started eating them, and almost 20 lbs. over the past 13 months.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        I recently subscribed to Freshly, which delivers fresh (not frozen!) pre-made meals. I was surprised how many different options they have, and so far I have only disliked 1 or 2 of the options. The rest have been very tasty. If I buy enough of them (I get 8 meals delivered every other week and freeze them), it comes out to about $9 a meal. That's probably over-priced still, but I would spend $11.50 at Chipotle so this isn't bad.

The best part for me is that they are all less than 600 calories, with some less than 500. I've had a hard time finding low calorie meals that actually taste decent. I've lost about 10 lbs since I started eating them, and almost 20 lbs. over the past 13 months.
                        I have tried Chipotle several times and for the life of me and I can't figure out why people eat there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I have tried Chipotle several times and for the life of me and I can't figure out why people eat there.

Its rice, beans, chicken/pork/beef, salsa, guac and maybe a tortilla. What's not to like?
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

Its rice, beans, chicken/pork/beef, salsa, guac and maybe a tortilla. What's not to like?
                            I know, right? That's a difficult combo to mess up! Somehow they manage to make it incredibly bland.

Maybe I just don't know how/what to order.

Comment

• 6mg cinnamon zyn, an ammonia inhalant and two bangs
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• My wife and I each got a hot dog and a Diet Pepsi. Total bill, $3.00. No tip. You know the joint. Living large.

Comment

Working...
                                X