I promise I didn't write this

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LiveCoug
    LA Ute loves me
    • Nov 2008
    • 18488

    #16




    Just for fun.

    Comment

    • Uncle Ted
      The Big 12 money shot.
      • Apr 2010
      • 28853

      #17
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      No need to bookmark it, there are Taco Bells in Houston.
      Yeah but only the folks from out of town state eat there. We have Taco Buenos for our quick-mex fix.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • LA Ute
        Receiver of Memory
        • Nov 2008
        • 19512

        #18
        I don't get the Cafe Rio bashing. It's fast food, not advertised as authentic Mexician AFAIK. What can we expect?
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden


        "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


        "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

        Comment

        • Shaka
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 10449

          #19
          Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
          That was quite possibly the worst restaurant review I've ever read.

          Comment

          • Surfah
            Where's Wallace?
            • Nov 2008
            • 33726

            #20
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            Do they do a chorizo burrito? I can't find a good chorizo burrito here yet.
            Yes. At least they did have a chorizo, potato, and egg burrito. And it's what I got every time.

            Here's a pic I found online of one:

            Last edited by Surfah; 02-20-2011, 03:21 PM.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

            Comment

            • Pheidippides
              Liberal Feminazi
              • Nov 2008
              • 14759

              #21
              Originally posted by falafel View Post
              That sounds like what they said in Southern California.
              You should have learned by now from DDD and LA Ute that Southern Californians have absolutely no taste.

              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

              Comment

              • Coach McGuirk
                1
                • Nov 2008
                • 12109

                #22
                Beto's heyday was around 2000. There is only one left now and I haven't eaten there in 3 or so years. But the breakfast burrito was damn good. Loved the red sauce as well.

                Comment

                • LiveCoug
                  LA Ute loves me
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 18488

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                  Beto's heyday was around 2000. There is only one left now and I haven't eaten there in 3 or so years. But the breakfast burrito was damn good. Loved the red sauce as well.
                  Only one Betos left? Eh??

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                    Beto's heyday was around 2000. There is only one left now and I haven't eaten there in 3 or so years. But the breakfast burrito was damn good. Loved the red sauce as well.
                    There is one in Bountiful, at least there was when I was working up there a few years back. I'd hit it up once a week for a breakfast burrito. I actually preferred their salsa verde.

                    Betos is actually a chain. They used to have a website with franchise information. I have seen Betos is Idaho and Florida. And they're identical to the Betos in Utah.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Coach McGuirk
                      1
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 12109

                      #25
                      Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      Only one Betos left? Eh??
                      okay, well there is only one that I know of in the bubble.

                      Comment

                      • Surfah
                        Where's Wallace?
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 33726

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                        okay, well there is only one that I know of in the bubble.
                        Is the one on Bulldog and State still there? Didn't they turn into Rancherito or something?
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Coach McGuirk
                          1
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 12109

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Is the one on Bulldog and State still there? Didn't they turn into Rancherito or something?
                          Yeah it is gone. It became a different mexican food joint, but now it is something else.

                          Comment

                          • Coach McGuirk
                            1
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 12109

                            #28
                            Google tells me there are 2 in UT county and 5-6 in SLC still. There used to be 5-6 in UTC.

                            Comment

                            • LiveCoug
                              LA Ute loves me
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 18488

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                              Google tells me there are 2 in UT county and 5-6 in SLC still. There used to be 5-6 in UTC.
                              There are two near me in lehi (saratoga springs, AF). So I am surprised if those are the only two in the UC. A brand new one just opened in Heber too.

                              Comment

                              • Sizzle
                                #ThisIsY
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 9004

                                #30
                                Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                There is one in Bountiful, at least there was when I was working up there a few years back. I'd hit it up once a week for a breakfast burrito. I actually preferred their salsa verde.

                                Betos is actually a chain. They used to have a website with franchise information. I have seen Betos is Idaho and Florida. And they're identical to the Betos in Utah.
                                The one in BTFL is still around and still delicious.

                                Comment

                                Working...