My go to grilled cheese is made with a combo of sharp and medium cheddar cheese on sourdough bread (artisan style with crusts that crisp up easily). I butter the outsides and pan fry them. I put all the butter sides down and then add cheese on top and cover the pan with a lid. Once the cheese is melted I flip them together and continue browning as necessary. Fairly plain and simple.
Tonight I went to make it but the only cheese I had was mild cheddar. Not a lot of flavor. This got me thinking what others do. Do you add anything other than cheese? What cheese do you prefer? What is your go to?
Tonight I went to make it but the only cheese I had was mild cheddar. Not a lot of flavor. This got me thinking what others do. Do you add anything other than cheese? What cheese do you prefer? What is your go to?
Comment