Grilled Cheese

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69752

    #16
    Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

    Any deets on the pepper jelly? I couldn’t see any on the Costco website. I’ve been looking for some good pepper jelly or relish.
    They have been out for a few weeks now. I look for it every time we go in. It is usually in the deli section.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • Pelado
      Bald not naked
      • Sep 2010
      • 21157

      #17
      Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
      My grandma gave me an "as seen on TV" electric sandwich maker for my 14th or 15th birthday. At the time I thought it was such a weird gift. She was pretty eccentric and out-of-touch, and had given me a number of strange gifts over the years. I told her thanks and promptly stashed the unopened box in the basement storage room.

      I found the box a couple years after my mission and brought the sandwich maker to Provo. It's gotten regular use ever since (it's lasted so long because, unlike most sandwich makers, it's all metal). My kids use it all the time now. Turned out to be a pretty good gift and helps me remember my grandma even 15 years after she died.

      Our sandwiches are usually white bread with sharp cheddar but sometimes I'll put Swiss in there. Best with tomato soup for dipping.
      Very nice. We got a quesadilla maker many years ago. It was great for quesadillas, grilled cheese, etc. It took plenty of abuse over the years, though, from people using metal utensils and scraping up its non-stick coating.

      After its many years of service, my wife tossed it because the kids weren't cleaning it very well (at all?).
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

      Comment

      • LiveCoug
        LA Ute loves me
        • Nov 2008
        • 18489

        #18
        Man this thread is food doucherific.

        Just give me some nice deli ham and deli American cheese on some decent bread and I'm happy

        Comment

        • old_gregg
          scaly man fish
          • Nov 2009
          • 16915

          #19
          Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

          Any deets on the pepper jelly? I couldn’t see any on the Costco website. I’ve been looking for some good pepper jelly or relish.
          this stuff. usually gets stocked around the holidays. in the refrigerated section by the cheese.



          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

          Comment

          • Scott R Nelson
            UofU/BYU mixed marriage
            • Apr 2010
            • 1508

            #20
            I like sharp cheddar and Miracle Whip for a reasonably good, but simple grilled cheese. It must be eaten with Campbell's Tomato Soup if my wife is involved.

            But the best grilled cheese I've ever had is the one they make at Porky's in Waimea, Kauai (number 3 on their menu). Apparently they also have a place in Lehi, but who knows if it is the same. Porky's only has four menu items and all four are great. Too bad it's so far from where I normally stay on that island or I would have gone back to try all four.

            Comment

            • Pelado
              Bald not naked
              • Sep 2010
              • 21157

              #21
              Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              Man this thread is food doucherific.

              Just give me some nice deli ham and deli American cheese on some decent bread and I'm happy
              Yeah - butter, bread, cheese. Yum.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

              Comment

              • Eddie
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 8098

                #22
                I love a good grilled cheese!

                I love swiss - so that's my first choice, but I'll use whatever I've got. I've also used smoked cheese curd, which is awesome.

                I like using garlic butter on the outside/grilling side. Crisps up and adds to the flavor.

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 38003

                  #23
                  I feel like swiss doesn't have nearly enough flavor for a grilled cheese. Way too mild, no?
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • Bo Diddley
                    Senior
                    • Jul 2012
                    • 18818

                    #24
                    I need to try some of these. They sound tasty. The only grilled cheese I ever eat are the ones Mrs. Diddley makes to go along with her homemade tomato soup.

                    Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                    I like using garlic butter on the outside/grilling side. Crisps up and adds to the flavor.
                    This is how she cooks them as well.

                    Comment

                    • CJF
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 8497

                      #25
                      My favorite grilled cheese is on sourdough, butter on the outside, pesto on the inside, mozzarella and tomatoes on the inside, then dusted with cheap Kraft parmesan cheese after grilling. If I’ve got the time and I want to take it to 11 I’ll add fresh basil and a balsamic reduction drizzle to make a grilled caprese sandwich. So good.
                      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                      Comment

                      • Bo Diddley
                        Senior
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 18818

                        #26
                        Originally posted by CJF View Post
                        My favorite grilled cheese is on sourdough, butter on the outside, pesto on the inside, mozzarella and tomatoes on the inside, then dusted with cheap Kraft parmesan cheese after grilling. If I’ve got the time and I want to take it to 11 I’ll add fresh basil and a balsamic reduction drizzle to make a grilled caprese sandwich. So good.
                        Caprese FTW! My favorite sandwich ever. I'll have to try the grilled cheese version.

                        Comment

                        • BigFatMeanie
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7123

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

                          Caprese FTW! My favorite sandwich ever. I'll have to try the grilled cheese version.
                          While I like caprese sandwiches, I'm definitely a bigger muffaletta fan.

                          Comment

                          • Commando
                            Explosivo
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 20748

                            #28
                            Taco Bell has a new grilled cheese burrito. Where my fatties at?
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                            Comment

                            • smokymountainrain
                              Impressive Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22593

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              Taco Bell has a new grilled cheese burrito. Where my fatties at?
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

                              Comment

                              • Bo Diddley
                                Senior
                                • Jul 2012
                                • 18818

                                #30
                                Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

                                While I like caprese sandwiches, I'm definitely a bigger muffaletta fan.
                                I had to Google that. Looks good.

                                Comment

                                Working...