I don't hate Cafe Rio.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Green Lantern
    Has overcome great fear
    • Aug 2009
    • 2289

    #46
    Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Also on the list, coming in at number 2, Las Vegas original Cappriotti's. Tasty subs, although I'm a bit surprised to see it at #2. And FTR, I'm not a fan of the Bobby.
    Oh man I love the Bobby. I wish we had a Capriotti's closer than St George.
    Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

    None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

    I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

    --Portland Ute

    Comment

    • Fiyero
      Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 5266

      #47
      Today Gov. Herbert (Utah) decreed April 5 to be Cafe Rio Day, in honor of the chain named Best National Mexican Food Chain. Their first location was in St. George.

      Comment

      • FMCoug
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 6825

        #48
        Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
        Today Gov. Herbert (Utah) decreed April 5 to be Cafe Rio Day, in honor of the chain named Best National Mexican Food Chain. Their first location was in St. George.
        Fitting that I am in Texas then. And had real Mexican food for dinner.
        "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 37996

          #49
          Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
          Fitting that I am in Texas then. And had real Mexican food for dinner.
          Cool. I had real Mexican food for lunch (Cafe Rio).
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #50
            Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
            Fitting that I am in Texas then. And had real Mexican food for dinner.
            cafe rio in lake forest is getting torched on yelp. there is one really funny review by a woman who wanted to know why all the meat tasted like cinnamon.

            fortunately my wife hasn't really bothered much with that place, although my EQP has mentioned it often.

            I will be downtown tomorrow so I think I will head over to Chano's for real Mexican food.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • YOhio
              Hipster Mode
              • Nov 2008
              • 26165

              #51
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              cafe rio in lake forest is getting torched on yelp. there is one really funny review by a woman who wanted to know why all the meat tasted like cinnamon.
              She thought it tasted like cinnamon? lol! That is really funny!

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 37996

                #52
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                cafe rio in lake forest is getting torched on yelp. there is one really funny review by a woman who wanted to know why all the meat tasted like cinnamon.
                Seems to be averaging 3 out of 5 stars. If that's "getting torched" I guess you've got a different definition of that word.

                Manhattan Beach location averaging 4/5 stars. Sounds like they're getting torched too.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #53
                  Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Seems to be averaging 3 out of 5 stars. If that's "getting torched" I guess you've got a different definition of that word.

                  Manhattan Beach location averaging 4/5 stars. Sounds like they're getting torched too.
                  Chano's gets 3.5 stars.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #54
                    Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Seems to be averaging 3 out of 5 stars. If that's "getting torched" I guess you've got a different definition of that word.

                    Manhattan Beach location averaging 4/5 stars. Sounds like they're getting torched too.
                    3 is average. it doesn't surprise me that you would find average to be a good designation when it comes to Mexican food.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #55
                      Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      Chano's gets 3.5 stars.
                      yes! above average!
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • FMCoug
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 6825

                        #56
                        Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Seems to be averaging 3 out of 5 stars. If that's "getting torched" I guess you've got a different definition of that word.

                        Manhattan Beach location averaging 4/5 stars. Sounds like they're getting torched too.
                        I guess the more white bread the SoCal burb you get, the more they like Cafe Rio. Fits the pattern. I have now been to CR 3 times. Not a single latino customer any of the 3 times.

                        For those who say that's because it's Utah, the Mexican place we DO like to go in AF we are quite often the only white people there.
                        "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                        Comment

                        • falafel
                          loves to talk on things
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 37996

                          #57
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          3 is average. it doesn't surprise me that you would find average to be a good designation when it comes to Mexican food.
                          I don't think average* is a good designation. Nor do I think 3 is evidence of being "torched!"

                          *technically 3 out of 5 is above average.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                          Dig your own grave, and save!

                          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #58
                            Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                            I guess the more white bread the SoCal burb you get, the more they like Cafe Rio. Fits the pattern. I have now been to CR 3 times. Not a single latino customer any of the 3 times.

                            For those who say that's because it's Utah, the Mexican place we DO like to go in AF we are quite often the only white people there.
                            actually, if you look at the yelp ratings, almost all the 4s and 5s (if not every single one of them) were within a week or two of the opening, most likely by BYU alum anticipating the opening. If you look at the trending graph, the ratings are now consistently below 3 as more and more people go over and check it out.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • falafel
                              loves to talk on things
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 37996

                              #59
                              Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                              I guess the more white bread the SoCal burb you get, the more they like Cafe Rio. Fits the pattern. I have now been to CR 3 times. Not a single latino customer any of the 3 times.

                              For those who say that's because it's Utah, the Mexican place we DO like to go in AF we are quite often the only white people there.
                              Cafe Rio in Utah is full of white people?! Crazy.

                              Today in Las Vegas the customers at the Cafe Rio I visited seemed to be equally distributed among whites, latinos, blacks and asians. This led me to conclude that all the world loves Cafe Rio.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                              Dig your own grave, and save!

                              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • FMCoug
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 6825

                                #60
                                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                actually, if you look at the yelp ratings, almost all the 4s and 5s (if not every single one of them) were within a week or two of the opening, most likely by BYU alum anticipating the opening. If you look at the trending graph, the ratings are now consistently below 3 as more and more people go over and check it out.
                                Works for me. In any case, you could provide hard data that 99 out of every 100 Amercians think Cafe Rio is great food and I'd still think it sucks. I'm crazy that way. It's about what I like, not everybody else.
                                "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                                Comment

                                Working...