The HBO Original Programming Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Art Vandelay
    Striving for mediocrity
    • Jul 2009
    • 10516

    #301
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    My wife and I started Season 1 and only lasted a couple of episodes.
    I didn't like nearly as much as a lot of people did. However, the season finale had a 5 minute scene where I laughed so hard it brought tears to my eyes.

    Comment

    • SteelBlue
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 8189

      #302
      The Last of Us. This show has a huge budget and it's on full display. Only 2 episodes of 9 are out so far but wow, they've been good. It's a tv version of the video game but you do not need to know anything about the game. My kids know the game and kept saying "wow, they nailed this." If you're like me and didn't know the game existed you will just be impressed at how entertaining it is. The guy who did the latex work for Chernobyl did the work on this show and man, there are going to be some awards won. In particular there are characters called clickers that will blow you away. Don't google it, just watch and be surprised.

      Comment

      • falafel
        loves to talk on things
        • Mar 2009
        • 37987

        #303
        But can you tell us the genre?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

        Dig your own grave, and save!

        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • BigPiney
          Huge Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 12367

          #304
          Originally posted by falafel View Post
          But can you tell us the genre?
          zombie

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37987

            #305
            Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

            zombie
            bummer.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • Commando
              Explosivo
              • Feb 2009
              • 20748

              #306
              Originally posted by falafel View Post
              But can you tell us the genre?
              Video game- based TV series.

              Originally posted by falafel View Post
              bummer.
              That's the thing that killed the deal for you?
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 37987

                #307
                Originally posted by Commando View Post

                That's the thing that killed the deal for you?
                I don't like zombies.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • SteelBlue
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 8189

                  #308
                  Originally posted by falafel View Post

                  bummer.
                  I don't want to spoil anything, but let's just say as far as zombies go this show has an explanation no other show ever has. It's creepy as hell because there's an element of realism/truth to it in the insect world. They do a fantastic job of convincing you of this.

                  Comment

                  • Pelado
                    Bald not naked
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 21143

                    #309
                    Originally posted by falafel View Post

                    I don't like zombies.
                    You're not alone. Zombies tend not to be particularly loveable.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

                    Comment

                    • Commando
                      Explosivo
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 20748

                      #310
                      Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post

                      I don't want to spoil anything, but let's just say as far as zombies go this show has an explanation no other show ever has. It's creepy as hell because there's an element of realism/truth to it in the insect world. They do a fantastic job of convincing you of this.
                      I think this was also the explanation in Walking Dead, right?
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                      Comment

                      • falafel
                        loves to talk on things
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 37987

                        #311
                        Originally posted by Commando View Post

                        I think this was also the explanation in Walking Dead, right?
                        So, the zombies are like bugs from outer space. Wearing an Edgar suit.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                        Dig your own grave, and save!

                        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • SteelBlue
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 8189

                          #312
                          Originally posted by Commando View Post

                          I think this was also the explanation in Walking Dead, right?
                          It’s been a while but I thought they intentionally never revealed what caused it. I tapped with a few seasons to go though.

                          Comment

                          • Non Sequitur
                            Where did I put my bodkin
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 5773

                            #313
                            Thank God for HBO. I was starting to think that I didn't have enough post-apocalyptic zombie shows to choose from. I just hope they also come up with a new show about serial killers, because we don't have enough of those either.
                            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                            Comment

                            • SteelBlue
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 8189

                              #314
                              Originally posted by falafel View Post

                              So, the zombies are like bugs from outer space. Wearing an Edgar suit.
                              Here’s a huge hint. Don’t click if you don’t want a bit of a spoiler.
                              https://www.reddit.com/r/interesting...tm_name=iossmf

                              Comment

                              • SteelBlue
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 8189

                                #315
                                Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                                Thank God for HBO. I was starting to think that I didn't have enough post-apocalyptic zombie shows to choose from. I just hope they also come up with a new show about serial killers, because we don't have enough of those either.
                                Could also insert:
                                Godfather style Montana/Wyoming rancher shows
                                Fantasy shows
                                Anti-hero shows/good guy goes bad
                                nighttime soaps
                                star wars shows
                                superhero shows

                                Where would zombie content rank in that scale, total content wise do you suppose?

                                Comment

                                Working...