The HBO Original Programming Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SeattleUte
    replied
    I think it’s more true that we can judge an artist’s character by the content of his work, than that we ought to judge his art by what we perceive to be the content of his character.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    I don’t really care about this whole thing but I am glad woody Allen made “Midnight in Paris” which is one of, if not the favorite movie of all time
    Yeah, I love that movie too.

    Leave a comment:


  • Moliere
    replied
    I don’t really care about this whole thing but I am glad woody Allen made “Midnight in Paris” which is one of, if not the favorite movie of all time


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Sleeping in EQ
    replied
    SU and NS have the right of it on this one.

    Leave a comment:


  • Non Sequitur
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

    Ronan is far too handsome to be the spawn of woody allen. I think that Sinatra rumor has legs.
    For the record, I'm on team SU when it comes to this issue. Mia Farrow is a psycho loon, and Woody Allen is weird, but having a fondness for young women is a completely different matter than having a fondness for young children. All that aside, your post referencing legs made me chuckle, because in Woody Allen's book he divulges that Ronan Farrow had surgery to lengthen his legs because Mia thought he wouldn't be taken seriously enough as a journalist if he was as short as we was. Just because it's funny, I want that story to be true.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pelado
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

    Dammit, how many times do I have to tell you? I DON'T LIVE IN ALPINE! Never have. And I guarantee my house and lot are smaller than yours.

    Anti-semitism? Hmmm... why does this sound familiar?


    Never tell SU that your stuff is smaller than his, even if it's true.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

    Oh boy. Look at you with your new woke outfit. That gives you moral authority, doesn't it--a well fed middle aged white guy in his big Alpine house should know. You keep surprising me attaining new levels of shallowness.

    Actually, Woody Allen is Jewish, and very much so, and I'm sure what's partly going on here is anti-Semitism.

    It's not like Mia and Ronan are under-classs.
    Dammit, how many times do I have to tell you? I DON'T LIVE IN ALPINE! Never have. And I guarantee my house and lot are smaller than yours.

    Anti-semitism? Hmmm... why does this sound familiar?



    Leave a comment:


  • Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Some unconscious irony, JL's highlighting difference in age between Allen and Soon Yi, considering Mia married Sinatra (possibly Rona's father with whom she cheated while supposedly a couple with Allen) when she was 21 and he was 50, and after she lost her virginity to him.
    Ronan is far too handsome to be the spawn of woody allen. I think that Sinatra rumor has legs.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Some unconscious irony, JL's highlighting difference in age between Allen and Soon Yi, considering Mia married Sinatra (possibly Rona's father with whom she cheated while supposedly a couple with Allen) when she was 21 and he was 50, and after she lost her virginity to him.
    Your whatabout game is strong today.

    Leave a comment:


  • SeattleUte
    replied
    Sinatra dumped her two years later. Probably caused lasting psychic scars.

    Leave a comment:


  • SeattleUte
    replied
    Some unconscious irony, JL's highlighting difference in age between Allen and Soon Yi, considering Mia married Sinatra (possibly Rona's father with whom she cheated while supposedly a couple with Allen) when she was 21 and he was 50, and after she lost her virginity to him.

    Leave a comment:


  • SeattleUte
    replied
    Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

    I save my gravitas and serious statements for weightier matters. In a thread defending Allen from even the appearance of impropriety? I'm afraid all you'll get from me is pure snark.
    The problem with those of you dabbling in this is you seem not to understand the difference between his life conduct as a rich and super famous person with loose sexual morals and the specific crime he's being accused of committing.

    The only reason any of the other stuff is relevant is the extent to which it provides his enemies a motive to frame him.

    Leave a comment:


  • Northwestcoug
    replied
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

    This has nothing to do with his films. Some of us are hard-wired to defend those falsely accused and hate mendacity.

    I'm still waiting for a serious statement from you. So far as I can tell you have never made one. I would not expect a doctor to be so wholly lacking in gravitas or moral calculous.
    I save my gravitas and serious statements for weightier matters. In a thread defending Allen from even the appearance of impropriety? I'm afraid all you'll get from me is pure snark.

    Leave a comment:


  • SeattleUte
    replied
    Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    I cannot think of one film awesome enough that would lead me to defend the director's honor against any and all accusations of perverted behavior. I should really watch those Allen films; they must be amazing!
    This has nothing to do with his films. Some of us are hard-wired to defend those falsely accused and hate mendacity.

    I'm still waiting for a serious statement from you. So far as I can tell you have never made one. I would not expect a doctor to be so wholly lacking in gravitas or moral calculous.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bo Diddley
    replied
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

    Oh boy. Look at you with your new woke outfit. That gives you moral authority, doesn't it--a well fed middle aged white guy in his big Alpine house should know. You keep surprising me attaining new levels of shallowness.

    Leave a comment:

Working...