The HBO Original Programming Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • UVACoug
    replied
    I like The Last Of Us. It's very good, but I feel that it is trying too hard to be "prestige TV." It feels like a cheap ripoff of The Leftovers or Station Eleven (two of the best shows of the last decade, IMO). Not familiar with the source material at all, but feel like they could have done something a little more original.

    Leave a comment:


  • SteelBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    I watched the third episode last night. It was fantastic. The people complaining are idiots.
    So good it could be an award winning short film tbh.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyFunkhouser
    replied
    I watched the third episode last night. It was fantastic. The people complaining are idiots.

    Leave a comment:


  • Commando
    replied
    Now I'm torn between just watching this or playing the video game...

    Leave a comment:


  • SteelBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

    I've got crow feathers in my mouth, but I watched last night's episode, and it was nothing short of brilliant.

    Leave a comment:


  • SteelBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    I watched the first episode and enjoyed it. I'll watch more. I did hear that the most recent episode has a gay person in it and, therefore, the episode is trying to groom people into being gay and having gay sex. So, I'd suggest considering that before watching it.
    i watched episode three and I’m still not gay but it’s only been a couple days, so we’ll keep our eye on that. Nick Offerman basically playing gay Ron Swanson. They went all in and a lot of people who still say woke will tap out I’d guess.

    Leave a comment:


  • MartyFunkhouser
    replied
    I watched the first episode and enjoyed it. I'll watch more. I did hear that the most recent episode has a gay person in it and, therefore, the episode is trying to groom people into being gay and having gay sex. So, I'd suggest considering that before watching it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pelado
    replied
    Originally posted by falafel View Post

    I might even have to watch it.
    Stay strong, falafel! Don't do it!

    Leave a comment:


  • falafel
    replied
    Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

    I've got crow feathers in my mouth, but I watched last night's episode, and it was nothing short of brilliant.
    I might even have to watch it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Non Sequitur
    replied
    Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    Thank God for HBO. I was starting to think that I didn't have enough post-apocalyptic zombie shows to choose from. I just hope they also come up with a new show about serial killers, because we don't have enough of those either.
    I've got crow feathers in my mouth, but I watched last night's episode, and it was nothing short of brilliant.

    Leave a comment:


  • Flystripper
    replied
    I forgot I was going to watch this. Thanks for reminding me!

    Leave a comment:


  • SteelBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by Commando View Post

    I think they explained right in the exposition of the show that when a person is infected, a viral parasite thingy took over control of the brain in order to animate the corpse and/or proliferate itself via infecting other humans-- that's why if you damage a Walking Dead zombie's brain it dies.
    Then it’s different in some important ways, especially as related to decomposition. Trying not to spoil (edit: this was not an intentional pun but it should have been).
    Last edited by SteelBlue; 01-25-2023, 05:41 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Commando
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post

    It’s been a while but I thought they intentionally never revealed what caused it. I tapped with a few seasons to go though.
    I think they explained right in the exposition of the show that when a person is infected, a viral parasite thingy took over control of the brain in order to animate the corpse and/or proliferate itself via infecting other humans-- that's why if you damage a Walking Dead zombie's brain it dies.

    Leave a comment:


  • SteelBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    Thank God for HBO. I was starting to think that I didn't have enough post-apocalyptic zombie shows to choose from. I just hope they also come up with a new show about serial killers, because we don't have enough of those either.
    Could also insert:
    Godfather style Montana/Wyoming rancher shows
    Fantasy shows
    Anti-hero shows/good guy goes bad
    nighttime soaps
    star wars shows
    superhero shows

    Where would zombie content rank in that scale, total content wise do you suppose?

    Leave a comment:


  • SteelBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by falafel View Post

    So, the zombies are like bugs from outer space. Wearing an Edgar suit.
    Here’s a huge hint. Don’t click if you don’t want a bit of a spoiler.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/interesting...tm_name=iossmf

    Leave a comment:

Working...