Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 2 is now available.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
      The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 2 is now available.
      I finished S2 this week. Liked it a lot. In some ways it's better than season 1, though there are a couple of clunky side stories* that get in the way of the plot arc. I doubt this positive view of S2 is shared by the casual viewer, however. I have a feeling the casual TV viewer really liked season 1 and then hated season 2 because it didn't go anywhere. That's not true, but there were a few slow spots that had to be waded through to get to the good stuff. All in all, I think it's one of the best comedies out there right now.

Spoiler for *:
      Rose's trip to Paris is just a drag and feels so out of place/character and unnecessary. Also, Abe's continuous downward spiral is a bit overdone. Why should I believe that a top-notch mathematician and engineer, whose life is built on stability and probability, is suddenly so emotionally unstable? Both of those storylines detract from the character development we're seeing in Midge, Joel, and Susie.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• For CMBF: Does Midge drop her top again?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I like the Romanoffs and didn't Eckhard get the part due to his passing ability to speak french due to his mission to france? Way to bite the hand that feeds you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
            I like the Romanoffs and didn't Eckhard get the part due to his passing ability to speak french due to his mission to france? Way to bite the hand that feeds you.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
              The Church gave him French and then he used his French to land a role and shit on the Church! Try to keep up!
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Thought S2 of Patriot was great. It gets further from reality and is definitely more depressing, but it also had a lot of really funny bits. Thought the ending was really good. Definitely hope they make S3.

Comment

• Just finished Homecoming, starring Julia Roberts.

I really liked the cinematography and soundtrack. A few of the characters were great. But the plot (which has promise) was a real dud.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    Just finished Homecoming, starring Julia Roberts.

I really liked the cinematography and soundtrack. A few of characters were great. But the plot (which has promise) was a real dud.
                    I watched the whole thing. Julia Roberts was unspectacular, but Bobby Cannavale knocked it out of the park.
                    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                      I watched the whole thing. Julia Roberts was unspectacular, but Bobby Cannavale knocked it out of the park.
                      Was that Colin? If so, I agree. The guy playing Tom Carrasco was also pretty good.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                        Sounds like you are on Season 1. That was an awesome season.

I’ll await for your review of Season 2..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by Armenag View Post
                        Thought S2 of Patriot was great. It gets further from reality and is definitely more depressing, but it also had a lot of really funny bits. Thought the ending was really good. Definitely hope they make S3.
                        So my initial hope that Mrs. NWC would like the Patriot were dashed after the first few episodes of season 1. She was really put off by the cruelty in some of the characters, and never recovered. I tried to reason with her that Breaking Bad had just as cruel characters, but to no avail. She has gone back to watching Outlander, alone I might add.

Just finished season 2. I wasn't sure where they were going the first few episodes. It seemed erratic, and I wondered if most/all of the story lines were even 'real'. Like when both John's mom and Ichabod show up on the train together, and the bachelor party that included just about everybody from the previous episodes. I still wonder if the writers are still playing with reality a bit, and if this will get fleshed out in a season 3. But I did like it overall. The last couple of episodes cleaned up nicely. And there were still some great LOLs to be had. For me, the strength of the series is the cinematography and acting. The story is erratic and not easy to follow, and maybe that's intentional. I still recommend it.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Did you know this streams on Amazon Instant Video?

Oh Hell Yeah!! Iron Eagle just popped up on Prime..

Sweet!! And I don’t care what CJ thinks.

EDIT: Cool Hand Luke!! It’s a Christmas Miracle!!
                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by dabrockster; 12-28-2018, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• Recently found a wonderful little gem called "The Detectorists". British comedy/drama about a metal detecting club in a small English village. Beautiful videography, excellent writing, and lovable characters. Review here:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/re...review-1074827

First two seasons are on Amazon Prime. The third (and final) season can be accessed through Acorn TV which is a $4.99/mo add-on to Amazon Prime. First week is free.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Recently found a wonderful little gem called "The Detectorists". British comedy/drama about a metal detecting club in a small English village. Beautiful videography, excellent writing, and lovable characters. Review here:

First two seasons are on Amazon Prime. The third (and final) season can be accessed through Acorn TV which is a $4.99/mo add-on to Amazon Prime. First week is free.
                              Thanks for the tip. Mrs. NWC and I are halfway through season 1. It's enjoyable and very easy to watch. Like you said, the characters are fun. Here's hoping we can finish this together so I don't have to watch another episode of Outlander to get her to watch my stuff
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Recently found a wonderful little gem called "The Detectorists". British comedy/drama about a metal detecting club in a small English village. Beautiful videography, excellent writing, and lovable characters. Review here:

Creeksteer recommend that a long while ago when it was in Netflix. I agree. I like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X