No announcement yet.

I have a bad feeling about this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This kind of came out of left field. I really liked season's 1 and 2 and I hope they can recapture that.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post

I agree that this Ahsoka series didnt hit quite as well as i would've hoped, there were a few bright spots. I liked the character of Baylan Skoll and its too bad the actor died. Thrawn is an interesting character as well.
      He died? Bummer. He was interesting.

Originally posted by USUC View Post
      Even if you know all the background from Rebels, it's still a little tough to transition from animated characters to live action. I think the Rosario Dawson interpretation of the character doesn't help. The Ahsoka of the animated series has more energy and humor, while still navigating serious and often depressing narratives.
      Yeah, she seems like a terrible actor. Very wooden/robotic.

Agree that some humor would have helped. This series took itself way too seriously.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Yeah, she seems like a terrible actor. Very wooden/robotic.
        I think you misspelled "strong, independent woman," you sexist pig.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

This kind of came out of left field. I really liked season's 1 and 2 and I hope they can recapture that.

This is going to be a capstone 'Avengers End Game' type of movie to conclude the series (at least Din Djarin's arc-- I assume Grogu will pop up in the new movies that take place 15 years after Rise of Skywalker) after season 4.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

This is going to be a capstone 'Avengers End Game' type of movie to conclude the series (at least Din Djarin's arc-- I assume Grogu will pop up in the new movies that take place 15 years after Rise of Skywalker) after season 4.
            Too bad that Carl Weathers isn't going to be in it. I liked his character.
            “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post

Too bad that Carl Weathers isn't going to be in it. I liked his character.
              Bro too early.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I'm not sure if it's the flexibility of the animation as a medium or just that the Star Wars animation projects aren't a priority and don't get the scrutiny and meddling by those at the top of Lucasfilm, but the Bad Batch tells a much more compelling and cohesive story than a lot of the live action projects of Disney Star Wars.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's the flexibility of the animation as a medium or just that the Star Wars animation projects aren't a priority and don't get the scrutiny and meddling by those at the top of Lucasfilm, but the Bad Batch tells a much more compelling and cohesive story than a lot of the live action projects of Disney Star Wars.
                  My take is that Clone Wars, Bad Batch, and Rebels are less expensive and are therefore allowed to do what they want as long as there is a justifiable return in viewership. It's Filoni's baby, so they don't bring in big directors w their own visions, etc. People who look down their nose at all the SW animated series are playing themselves.

Comment

• "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Lol at the stoic warrior behind her wearing a keffiyeh and a midriff. Striking fear into fascists everywhere.

Comment

Lol at the stoic warrior behind her wearing a keffiyeh and a midriff. Striking fear into fascists everywhere.

My favorite part of that clip is when someone asks her if people have denied food/water to the protesters and she just says they are looking for a commitment to not stop it...so basically no one is stopping them and they aren't therefore getting the attention they want so they have some weird press conference to try to make up an issue.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

My favorite part of that clip is when someone asks her if people have denied food/water to the protesters and she just says they are looking for a commitment to not stop it...so basically no one is stopping them and they aren't therefore getting the attention they want so they have some weird press conference to try to make up an issue.
                          Yeah, I think she is going to need help paying back her student loans... Wait, she does have 12 connections on LinkedIn!

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Yeah, I think she is going to need help paying back her student loans... Wait, she does have 12 connections on LinkedIn!
                            Not in Joe Biden's America. You and I will get to pay for that degree.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."

Comment

Working...
                            X