X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    Saving Private Ryan has 93% on RT, while Shakespeare in Love has 92%
    I liked them both.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
      Saving Private Ryan has 93% on RT, while Shakespeare in Love has 92%
      Yes...but Shakespeare in Love won for Best Picture. Lol. So I don't trust those whose job it is to critique movies.

Comment

• Saw RoS today with my kids. We all loved it. I don't have a single complaint. God bless JJ Abrams.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Saw RoS today with my kids. We all loved it. I don't have a single complaint. God bless JJ Abrams.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Never been a big Star Wars fan (I’m more of a Trekkie). It’s fine, but I don’t get passionate about it. I liked TLJ more than most other Star Wars movies, but understand the criticism from some of the die hards. It was certainly Rian Johnson’s worst film.

I thought the story telling (and especially the writing) in The Mandalorian was pretty mediocre for most of the season, but I enjoyed watching it. The finale was amazing though. It finally felt like something substantial. I hope the next season is more like the finale than most of this season was.

Comment

• The prequels are bad and the latest trilogy is bad. Hell, the original trilogy is cheesy without the context of the time from which it came. Here is my definitive list of the only acceptable movies to watch:
              - Rogue One
              - Star Wars (This is what this movie is called, its not A New Hope)
              - Empire Strikes Back
              - Return of the Jedi

That's it. Actually, if you can get your hands on the original trilogy without the nonsense edits Lucas made to them in the 90s, that is the way to go.

The Mandalorian is good so far. I think there will be some interesting movies made in the Star Wars universe, but they will be overshadowed by the nonsense like this latest trilogy.

Comment

• Looks like a lesson in Come Follow Me will be based on The Mandalorian in March.IMG_04311.jpg
                “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                  The prequels are bad and the latest trilogy is bad. Hell, the original trilogy is cheesy without the context of the time from which it came. Here is my definitive list of the only acceptable movies to watch:
                  - Rogue One
                  - Star Wars (This is what this movie is called, its not A New Hope)
                  - Empire Strikes Back
                  - Return of the Jedi

That's it. Actually, if you can get your hands on the original trilogy without the nonsense edits Lucas made to them in the 90s, that is the way to go.

The Mandalorian is good so far. I think there will be some interesting movies made in the Star Wars universe, but they will be overshadowed by the nonsense like this latest trilogy.
                  There is a project out there, maybe it was linked here, that seeks to restore the original theatrical releases of episodes IV-VI. It's kind of crazy to see the time and effort expended in removing the added scenes, improving the quality, and correcting for color differences. The versions are free to download for those who already own a copy of each movie.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Saw ROS on Saturday. I am not a Star Wars aficionado, fan boy or purest. It is the worst movie I have seen this year, and is by far the worst Star Wars movie of them all.

Comment

• Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                      Saw ROS on Saturday. I am not a Star Wars aficionado, fan boy or purest. It is the worst movie I have seen this year, and is by far the worst Star Wars movie of them all.
                      You must not watch many films.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                        You must not watch many films.
                        Knives Out and Little Women were excellent movies. The latest Marvel instalments, Endgame and Captain Marvel were certainly much better films than ROS.

We likely don't go to as many movies as the average person, but I have watched a lot of movies in my lifetime. ROS was awful.
                        Last edited by tooblue; 12-30-2019, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Saw Rise of Skywalker last night. Thought it was a crap sandwich, and spent most of the time thinking, "Okay, what?"
                          Last edited by LVAllen; 12-30-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            There is a project out there, maybe it was linked here, that seeks to restore the original theatrical releases of episodes IV-VI. It's kind of crazy to see the time and effort expended in removing the added scenes, improving the quality, and correcting for color differences. The versions are free to download for those who already own a copy of each movie.
                            Do you have more info on that, like a link? I did a search for it, but came up empty. Everything I found said that it wasn't going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                              Saw Rise of Skywalker last night. Thought it was a crap sandwich, and spent most of the time thinking, "Okay, what?"
                              I had a couple of quibbles with it, but liked it a heck of a lot more than TLJ. TLJ was on tv last night, and reminded me of how much I hated purple haired generals, Leia Poppins, the Rose and Finn field trip, and crystal critters. ROS was a little too Harry Potter-ish, with the dementor-emporer sucking the life out of the heroes (which also reminded me of the Skeksis in The Dark Crystal), as well as the spell rebounding and killing the emporer, a la Voldemort.

Comment

• Just saw it. Thought it was great.

Comment

Working...
                                X