HBO's Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    I was discussing the ending with a friend and he feels like Dany is going to betray Jon and kill him, at which point she is the new Mad Queen and she will then be taken out by somebody unexpected and we get a King Baratheon or Queen Stark on the throne.

I told him that was a decent take, but that Dany will make the difficult decision to kill him to maintain her grip on the Realms of Men. However, when she says "DRACARYS" and Jon is tragically consumed by rare dragon flames, much to the shock and chagrin of the entire television audience, the camera will get a tight shot on her face, which will transform from determination and sadness to bewilderment and shock when Jon steps out of the flames like SURPRISE, BITCH! AEGON TARGARYEN IN THE HOUSE and takes his place on the Iron throne, but not before letting her down easy by slipping a Valerian steel dagger into her kidney.
    Interesting. A lot of people are predicting Dany kills Jon. Some people think Arya will kill Dany. I'm all in on Jaima killing Cersei.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      Interesting. A lot of people are predicting Dany kills Jon. Some people think Arya will kill Dany. I'm all in on Jaima killing Cersei.
      The popular theory is Jon will kill mad queen Dany and then he goes back to lead the night's watch. But what's the purpose of the night's watch if there's no night king? I guess control the wildlings.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        The popular theory is Jon will kill mad queen Dany and then he goes back to lead the night's watch. But what's the purpose of the night's watch if there's no night king? I guess control the wildlings.
        I read this stuff and I find it hard to believe anyone gives pokemon go players crap. Control the wildlings, indeed.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I was discussing the ending with a friend and he feels like Dany is going to betray Jon and kill him, at which point she is the new Mad Queen and she will then be taken out by somebody unexpected and we get a King Baratheon or Queen Stark on the throne.

I told him that was a decent take, but that Dany will make the difficult decision to kill him to maintain her grip on the Realms of Men. However, when she says "DRACARYS" and Jon is tragically consumed by rare dragon flames, much to the shock and chagrin of the entire television audience, the camera will get a tight shot on her face, which will transform from determination and sadness to bewilderment and shock when Jon steps out of the flames like SURPRISE, BITCH! AEGON TARGARYEN IN THE HOUSE and takes his place on the Iron throne, but not before letting her down easy by slipping a Valerian steel dagger into her kidney.
          Except Dany already knows Jon is a Targaryen and can't be killed by fire. It was hard to see because of the dark cinematography, but essentially Dany already engulfed Jon in dragon fire when when she rescued him from the wights the night king had just raised. As I posted earlier, I think Dany dies giving birth.
          “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
          "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

They're definitely setting up Dany for a fall. Last episode was like the Star Wars scenes showing Annakin's build up to get ready to turn. That seems like a weird direction after so much investment in her character as one of the good guys. I think maybe the drama there will be a temptation to go dark but then turning back to the good side. I think Jaime going to the bad side is the only drama we'll get in those terms. I think either Dany or Jon will die though, because there seems to be no solution there. But I think it will come organically from the fight against Cersei. Jon gives himself up as a Christ type sacrifice to enable the good guys to win, maybe. Dany ends up on the throne. Sansa in the North. Show ends same way it starts with drama and tension between the various houses.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
              I read this stuff and I find it hard to believe anyone gives pokemon go players crap. Control the wildlings, indeed.
              Oh, any investment in fantasy like GoT, Star Wars or LotR is a ticket to nerdom. But watching one of the most popular TV shows of all time is a bit different than traveling around to catch AR creatures with your phone.
              Last edited by Surfah; 05-10-2019, 08:21 AM.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                Oh, any investment in fantasy like GoT, Start Wards or LotR is a ticket to nerdom. But watching one of the most popular TV shows of all time is a bit different than traveling around to catch AR creatures with your phone.
                True. In one of those activities you get exercise.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

And perhaps a chance to rub shoulders with our own, Dr. MPFunkenstein!

Comment

Fantasy nerds get exercise too!

Comment

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Honestly, going back to GOT nerddom, I think they should learn a lesson from the Knight King and fog up the party before they bring down the hammer. Why couldn't the dragon create a giant mist/fog by flaming the water for a minute and then just wrecking the ships while they are in disarray?

And I think this episode was very utilitarian- not a payoff episode, but just setting up the dominoes, so I didn't find myself complaining about it or annoyed. 1. We got a denouement of the battle at Winterfell and closure. 2. We got the turmoil inside the Dani/Jon relationship and foreshadowing the conflicts there. 3. We are reminded of how much we hate Cersei and we're all amped and bloodthirsty for her, the Mountain, and her wizard to die in the worst way.

And could they make Theon's uncle more punchable? That's going to be a good one when he dies, too. Hopefully stabbed in the temple by Frodo or something...
                        Apparently she didn't even need to do that. I was baffled during that scene why she didn't just burn the Iron fleet right then and there. After the episode (based on comments from others) I figured she decided not to do it because she was afraid they'd kill Drogon too. I guess I was right to begin with. Why she didn't burn Euron and his fleet, and save Missendei right then and there, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever given what we saw tonight. Dumbest person in Westeros.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                          Except Dany already knows Jon is a Targaryen and can't be killed by fire. It was hard to see because of the dark cinematography, but essentially Dany already engulfed Jon in dragon fire when when she rescued him from the wights the night king had just raised. As I posted earlier, I think Dany dies giving birth.
                          Really? I think her brother, who was killed by fire, was probably also a Targaryen.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• lazy writing. wasted characters everywhere.
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Kind of like those parents in the early '30s who named their kid Adolf after Hitler was elected Chancellor. You might want to wait on that.

Last night's episode, while visually spectacular, was another disappointment, including confirmation that Dany's use of her dragons is the worst use of air power in military history. And I actually laughed at the use of the white horse (a nod to the Book of Revelation, Ibsen, and I don't know how many others), as the writer and director tried to convince us the episode was really deep. I did like the Clegane Bowl, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X