HBO's Game of Thrones

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #1351
    Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
    TBH this is a stupid mission and I don't think it is believable plot device.
    I agree, but since GRRM won't write anything but side projects, this is what we've got.
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

    Comment

    • Maximus
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 6026

      #1352
      Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
      TBH this is a stupid mission and I don't think it is believable plot device.
      seems like a lazy way to get all the favorite characters on a quest together.

      Comment

      • Color Me Badd Fan
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 12519

        #1353
        There's a huge "holy shit" moment at the end of episode 6.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

        Comment

        • Commando
          Explosivo
          • Feb 2009
          • 20748

          #1354
          Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          There's a huge "holy shit" moment at the end of episode 6.
          Did you catch the leak or what?
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

          Comment

          • Color Me Badd Fan
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2009
            • 12519

            #1355
            Originally posted by Commando View Post
            Did you catch the leak or what?
            No comment
            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

            Comment

            • Commando
              Explosivo
              • Feb 2009
              • 20748

              #1356
              Can't wait.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

              Comment

              • old_gregg
                scaly man fish
                • Nov 2009
                • 16915

                #1357
                calling my shot: next season ends with dany knocked up with her nephews baby
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                Comment

                • lambdacoug
                  Junior Member
                  • Oct 2011
                  • 3981

                  #1358
                  Well, this episode began with 3 dragons and a building sexual tension between Jon and Dany...

                  It ended pretty much the same way, but added some building sexual tension between The Hound and Tormund... maybe The Hound will have to face Brienne again, but this time in an epic battle to win the heart of Tormund...

                  Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                  - Howard Aiken

                  Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                  - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #1359
                    Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    calling my shot: next season ends with dany knocked up with her nephews baby
                    That's really the only way this ends well since we found out last week that Jon is the true and rightful heir. OH S#T you're right! That was a bit excessive on her part, that dialogue about "they are the only babies I will EVER HAVE" in Jon's face.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • Commando
                      Explosivo
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 20748

                      #1360
                      Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                      There's a huge "holy shit" moment at the end of episode 6.
                      Yeah there was, but there were quite a few peppered throughout the episode, beginning with Ice Bear. I just want to break my suspension of disbelief for a second and query as to WHERE THE HELL DID THE WALKING FROZEN GET 300 YARDS OF SUPER DUPER REINFORCED IRON CHAIN? Just wondering.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                      Comment

                      • Commando
                        Explosivo
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 20748

                        #1361
                        Also, Cold Hands didn't "have time" to jump on the back of the horse to get a mile or two away from the horde?
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                        Comment

                        • Shaka
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 10450

                          #1362
                          Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          That's really the only way this ends well since we found out last week that Jon is the true and rightful heir. OH S#T you're right! That was a bit excessive on her part, that dialogue about "they are the only babies I will EVER HAVE" in Jon's face.
                          She doesn't know that for sure. Remember that witch implied that she could get pregnant again which will of course raise her ex from the dead.

                          Comment

                          • Commando
                            Explosivo
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 20748

                            #1363
                            Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                            She doesn't know that for sure. Remember that witch implied that she could get pregnant again which will of course raise her ex from the dead.
                            Wait, what?
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                            Comment

                            • Shaka
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 10450

                              #1364
                              Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              Wait, what?
                              Remember the witch who killed Drogo's horse to save him but left him in a vegetable? She told Dani that Drogo would awaken when she conceived a child. It's possible she wasn't just telling Dani that she could never conceive.

                              Comment

                              • Commando
                                Explosivo
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 20748

                                #1365
                                Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                Remember the witch who killed Drogo's horse to save him but left him in a vegetable? She told Dani that Drogo would awaken when she conceived a child. It's possible she wasn't just telling Dani that she could never conceive.
                                Interesting.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                                Comment

                                Working...