HBO's Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    So who is the showdown next week? Obviously Jamie's training has led to something, and there was the bit about Bronn explaining how Tyrion actually picked Jamie to defend him the first time around. Do we get some kind of Jamie v. Bronn? Does Tyrion stand in for himself and go down as honored man? Going to be a long week!
    I bet it goes 2 weeks. Well really 3 since there is no episode in 2 weeks.

Comment

• BTW, that exchange with Lord Varys and Prince Oberyn last night was hysterical.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

• It seems the Iron Bank (shoutout to Mycroft Holmes) is going to back Stannis. Which means Tywin is on the chopping block.....he sat on the iron throne, doesn't everybody who sit on that thing die?

I hope Tyrion chooses to fight his father, uses the Dorne dude to fight in his place ala the Veil, Tywin chooses Jaime, Jaime whilst fighting realizes he's going to lose and slays Tywin.

In reality Tyrion will fight Jaime and Jaime will kill him and I'll be pissed because I love Tyrion.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
          So who is the showdown next week? Obviously Jamie's training has led to something, and there was the bit about Bronn explaining how Tyrion actually picked Jamie to defend him the first time around. Do we get some kind of Jamie v. Bronn? Does Tyrion stand in for himself and go down as honored man? Going to be a long week!
          I think Cersei gets the most badass guy she can find (probably the Mountain). Between their falling out and his missing hand I don't think she goes with Jamie. Tyrion choosing Jamie to fight for him would be very risky but a huge eff you to Tywin who would be put in a position where he'd either lose both heirs to carry on the family name or let Tyrion free with Jamie still in the Kingsguard.

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post
            It seems the Iron Bank (shoutout to Mycroft Holmes) is going to back Stannis. Which means Tywin is on the chopping block.....he sat on the iron throne, doesn't everybody who sit on that thing die?

I hope Tyrion chooses to fight his father, uses the Dorne dude to fight in his place ala the Veil, Tywin chooses Jaime, Jaime whilst fighting realizes he's going to lose and slays Tywin.

In reality Tyrion will fight Jaime and Jaime will kill him and I'll be pissed because I love Tyrion.
            I think this is very possible. It would completely destroy the plan Tywin set up to manipulate Jamie into extending the family line. Tywin loses his family line, Jamie has to kill his brother, and Tyrion dies with honor having smashed his father's chessboard.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              Dinklage is so great. I still think McConaughey wins going away for True Detective, but he made it interesting with that episode. He was terrific last night. I really hate getting emotionally invested with a character in this series because I just feel like they're going to get killed. I hope the imp survives this.
              Peter Dinklage already won an Emmy for Season 1 GOT. Agree that Tyrion's speach was great.
              Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              I think this is very possible. It would completely destroy the plan Tywin set up to manipulate Jamie into extending the family line. Tywin loses his family line, Jamie has to kill his brother, and Tyrion dies with honor having smashed his father's chessboard.
              I just don't see Jamie fighting his brother Tyrion. That would mean Jamie would have to be Cersei's champion and I just don't see it at this point. IMO, one of the reason's he was willing to accept his father's Tywin's terms of going back to Castlerly Rock, getting married, and becomming the Lannister heir is because his "special" relationship with is twin sister Cersei has changed. Also, remember in a GOT season 1, Jamie fought Ned Stark becasue his wife had taken Tyrion prisoner. And now he's gonna fight and kill his little brother?! There will be champions selected for Tyrion's trial by combat but I really doubt Jamie is selected or agrees to it given he no longer has his right hand.
              “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
              "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Why couldn't the Greyjoy chick (or one of her 50 best killers from the island) kill shirtless Ramsey? Also why didn't they just knock out Theon and drag his ass out of the castle?

Comment

• Jamie is going to end up in this thing, I just don't know which side.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                    Why couldn't the Greyjoy chick (or one of her 50 best killers from the island) kill shirtless Ramsey? Also why didn't they just knock out Theon and drag his ass out of the castle?
                    Or even put a scratch on shirtless Ramsey? Well, other than his other scratches.

Comment

Why couldn't the Greyjoy chick (or one of her 50 best killers from the island) kill shirtless Ramsey? Also why didn't they just knock out Theon and drag his ass out of the castle?
                      Somehow her interest in killing him waned even though she saw firsthand what he did to her brother (which turned out to be even worse than just the mutilation she read about that sufficiently incensed her into launching a midnight maraud on the castle). WTF. Why not put a throwing axe in his skull while he's fumbling with those keys at the hound cage?
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

It would appear that shirtless Ramsey was tutored in the House of Bruce %#@ing Lee. Also, I think the proper GOT protocol for an Ironborn knocking out Theon Greyjoy is that first Theon must deliver a great, moving oratory. Since Theon is now Reek and could only mumble or shriek like a frightened school girl, knocking him out apparently wasn't an option.
                        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                        "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          Somehow her interest in killing him waned even though she saw firsthand what he did to her brother (which turned out to be even worse than just the mutilation she read about that sufficiently incensed her into launching a midnight maraud on the castle). WTF. Why not put a throwing axe in his skull while he's fumbling with those keys at the hound cage?
                          Yeah. I was also waiting for them to stab the dogs as soon as they started barking.

Comment

• Love this show. Peter Dinklage was knock out great last night. I have always found the Lannisters the most interesting part of the show. Dinklage, Coster-Waldau, Headey, and Dance are just wonderful in their performances and roles. I love the dynamics between them.

Comment

• Why didn't Tyrion just ask for trial by combat in the first place? He knew the trial would be a sham; get Bronn to murder someone else for him and be done with it.

I agree with Paperback: Jamie's not going to fight against Tyrion. There's no way. And I doubt Tywin will tag The Mountain for the fight; Oberyn might straight up murder the guy when he shows up at King's Landing.

The F, Varys? You didn't need to testify in Tyrion's defense, but adding another knife to his back seems unnecessary.

Theon taking a bath was excruciating. I thought for sure Ramsey was going to start waterboarding the poor guy (that I still sort of hate for betraying the Starks).

Shae is one dumb whore. If she is incapable of realizing that Tyrion sent her away to save her life, I don't know how else to see her.

For someone who wants to be king, Stannis really struggles with other human beings. He expected the Iron Bank to just roll over at the name Baratheon? Good thing he keeps that oniony guy around.

Anyway, great episode as always. A straight trial by combat between Bronn and whoever sounds minorly boring; I expect Tywin to throw a wrench into those gears.

Comment

• Originally posted by SandYFan View Post

Shae is one dumb whore. If she is incapable of realizing that Tyrion sent her away to save her life, I don't know how else to see her.
                                She was savvy enough to mention that she didn't whore it up once Tyrion was married to Sansa. Although she was clearly coached by whomever brought her back. Varys?
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X