Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Spoiler for Spoilers:
    So Jamie raping his sister next to their dead kid was, uh, uncomfortable.
    I was annoyed that the writers seemed to be trying to make us like Jamie. So, I'm glad that's not on the table anymore.

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Go back to episode 2 and rewatch the scene during the wedding where the old lady Tyrell consoles Sansa. Right at the point where she says "war is war..." she takes one of the stones off of the necklace. Look at the necklace after the scene and one seems to be missing from the right side (original had six). Then later a cup was placed in front of her (kind of close anyway).

Note what she says right as she takes the stone: "Killing a man at his wedding, what sort of monster would do that?"
    I didn't know that part, but I figured she must be the guilty party. Only one with access other than her grand-daughter. And she seems capable.

Comment

• GRRM uses a few characters to really work over his reader's concept of good vs evil characters. There are only a few characters without redeeming qualities. Some characters that you hate at first, you grow to like and others you like at first you grow to hate.
      Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
      - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
      - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Go back to episode 2 and rewatch the scene during the wedding where the old lady Tyrell consoles Sansa. Right at the point where she says "war is war..." she takes one of the stones off of the necklace. Look at the necklace after the scene and one seems to be missing from the right side (original had six). Then later a cup was placed in front of her (kind of close anyway).

Note what she says right as she takes the stone: "Killing a man at his wedding, what sort of monster would do that?"
        Yeah that seems plausible. She was always pretty even-handed, pretty curious about Joffrey and how he treated Sansa (forget the episode), and also cautious about treasonous verbal overtures toward Joffrey.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacob View Post
          I was annoyed that the writers seemed to be trying to make us like Jamie. So, I'm glad that's not on the table anymore.
          This is a pretty big departure from GRR's original material. The sex in the sept was consentual in the book. I am wondering if they did this for shock value. If so, this could really backfire since the character development went off the rails a little bit with Jamie last night.
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
            This is a pretty big departure from GRR's original material. The sex in the sept was consentual in the book. I am wondering if they did this for shock value. If so, this could really backfire since the character development went off the rails a little bit with Jamie last night.
            Maybe in this case no meant yes
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
              Maybe in this case no meant yes
              I think so. She only half-halfheartedly objected because she realized it was poor taste. I guess she shouldn't have acted so repulsed by the golden hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                I think so. She only half-halfheartedly objected because she realized it was poor taste. I guess she shouldn't have acted so repulsed by the golden hand.
                I actually didn't think this when I was watching it, but maybe you're right-- she wasn't objecting to the incestuous sex-- rather the setting. Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  Edit: I'll rephrase...
                  An alternative to the "shock value" of the forced sex in the sept is "not having enough screen time" to advance all of the plot developments in the books. So perhaps GRRM/HBO is taking a "short cut" to advance a subplot and the perceived derailment of Jamie's character development is collateral damage rather than a "backfire". Besides, if HBO were really going for shock value, I'd expect a scene similar to Stannis and Melisandre on the map table.
                  Last edited by Paperback Writer; 04-22-2014, 08:28 AM. Reason: Spoilers
                  “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                  "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Come on, PBW. The spoilers tag is for things that have already aired. Not things to be aired in the future. Knock it off.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I think this is the best bad lip reading video yet.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

• What on earth did I just watch?
                        "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
                          What on earth did I just watch?
                          Ugh... That last part was brutal.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

You know it'll be creepy when it starts with a young Willem Dafoe doppelganger drinking from a skull.

Comment

The white walker thing? I just never care much for the fantasy part of this show.
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Never seen an episode of Game of Thrones.
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X