HBO's Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
    The Mountain doesn't seem to miss any workout days (or 'roid days for that matter). 6'9 400 lbs. Also he doesn't look like the older than the Hound.

He's not the same mountain from the first season either.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      He's not the same mountain from the first season either.
      Or the second.

Comment

• It's hard enough keeping up with all the characters on this show without several of them having been played by different actors. Gregor (3), Tommen (2), and Daario (2) come to mind.

I do regret not having continued with the books, but I just couldn't get through Storm of Swords.

Comment

The Mountain doesn't seem to miss any workout days (or 'roid days for that matter). 6'9 400 lbs. Also he doesn't look like the older than the Hound.

He looks too nice to be the mountain

Comment

• It seems like Arya and the Hound are bonding. His being on her list was a bit of foreshadowing, because I think I see a mercy killing in his future.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
              It seems like Arya and the Hound are bonding. His being on her list was a bit of foreshadowing, because I think I see a mercy killing in his future.
              I was thinking the same thing. In any case, how long are those two going to be wandering around? They have to be the slowest travelers ever.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                I was thinking the same thing. In any case, how long are those two going to be wandering around? They have to be the slowest travelers ever.
                Dunno- if they're headed for the Vale on foot, then it's gonna take a bit, though. I'll have to wiki the GOT Westeros map with the scale and geek out on it to give you a straight answer, though.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Dunno- if they're headed for the Vale on foot, then it's gonna take a bit, though. I'll have to wiki the GOT Westeros map with the scale and geek out on it to give you a straight answer, though.
                  Plus they're not traveling along the Kings Road right? That could add to the travel.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

• Well, some very thorough geek did all the guesswork for me. Here's a "spoilerproof" interactive map that shows you the travels of a number of individual characters based on what chapter you've read through or episode you've watched. Go to the page, click Arya, then click "episode" and drag it to the end. You'll see that she has taken quite a roundabout route to get to where they are now (remember they went all the way to the Twins, site of the "red wedding") which is near approaching "the bloody gate," or the entrance to the Vale. Awesome!

http://quartermaester.info
                    Last edited by Commando; 05-20-2014, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by woot View Post
                      It's hard enough keeping up with all the characters on this show without several of them having been played by different actors. Gregor (3), Tommen (2), and Daario (2) come to mind.

I do regret not having continued with the books, but I just couldn't get through Storm of Swords.
                      Really because Storm of Swords was great. Best in the series. It is a Feast for Crows where it started to drag.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

It seems like Arya and the Hound are bonding. His being on her list was a bit of foreshadowing, because I think I see a mercy killing in his future.
                        Agree, the wound will fester and Arya will have a choice to make. In other plot lines... Tyrion and Oberyn are fan favorites so that doesn't bode well for the trial by combat. Ser Jorah of the friendzone is going to lose in an episode or two from sexual frustration. Jon Snow will of course be forced to kill his wildling chick in the battle. I have no idea what Bran and co are in for. Hodor! The Ironborn didn't pay attention to Theon when before he was dismembered so I'm not sure how much use he'll be to Ramsey. I am interested to see how Littlefinger lies his way out of this one. Robin is going to be pissed when he finds out his milk supply is gone.

Comment

Agree, the wound will fester and Arya will have a choice to make. In other plot lines... Tyrion and Oberyn are fan favorites so that doesn't bode well for the trial by combat. Ser Jorah of the friendzone is going to lose in an episode or two from sexual frustration. Jon Snow will of course be forced to kill his wildling chick in the battle. I have no idea what Bran and co are in for. Hodor! The Ironborn didn't pay attention to Theon when before he was dismembered so I'm not sure how much use he'll be to Ramsey. I am interested to see how Littlefinger lies his way out of this one. Robin is going to be pissed when he finds out his milk supply is gone.
                          That dude is smart. He is the new undisputed Lord of the Vale; thanks to what's her gross everyone knows they consummated the marriage. - Robin would be smart to bounce, but he won't. All Petyr has to say is "she cast herself down in despair out of jealousy" or something. He's right though- Sansa is hotter than Catlyn.

Comment

• I'm finally caught up on the TV series (still in the first book). I love the recent interaction between Arya and The Hound.

Not being totally versed in HBO shows (I've seen some of Boardwalk Empire), is this one setting new standards for sexytimes/nudity/gore/profanity?
                            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
                              I'm finally caught up on the TV series (still in the first book). I love the recent interaction between Arya and The Hound.

Not being totally versed in HBO shows (I've seen some of Boardwalk Empire), is this one setting new standards for sexytimes/nudity/gore/profanity?
                              There's quite a lot of sex in Rome, and a decent amount of nudity in most HBO shows (I hear true blood has a lot, but I haven't seen it), but it does seem that GoT has some kind of quota they're trying to meet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
                                I'm finally caught up on the TV series (still in the first book). I love the recent interaction between Arya and The Hound.

I think Oz meet most of that criteria, but it's a different ball game, of course.
                                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Working...
                                X