The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69732

    #1831
    Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    I just finished the Netflix documentary called “The trials of Gabriel Fernandez” and I am emotionally drained. How can a Mother subject their child to torture. Watching the episode where he writes a Mother’s Day Card for his Mom (Who beat and tortures him) that we often see our kids do from school caused me to openly weep for this innocent child who yearned to be loved.

    It was shocking to see how a child protective system and law enforcement can ignore blatant abuse and how the accumulation of neglect can embolden abuse.

    I held my daughter (who is the same age this boy was before he died) and told her I loved her and held her a little longer last night.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dabrockster!!! How are you, man? Welcome back.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69732

      #1832
      Just finishing up the current season of Narco. I love that series. Even more fun this year in that I can understand some of the Spanish.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • BigPiney
        Huge Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 12371

        #1833
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Just finishing up the current season of Narco. I love that series. Even more fun this year in that I can understand some of the Spanish.
        I just started season 1. Been fun and crazy so far.

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69732

          #1834
          Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          I just started season 1. Been fun and crazy so far.
          It is great. The Escobar stuff is insane. I would google stuff after each episode thinking "No way", but all the major events they depict actually happened.

          I have a friend from Colombia who lived through all that. Her father was a supreme court justice. She has some incredible stories. At one point, he shipped his wife and all of the kids off to America for their safety. She went to HS and college here and never went back. She said her dad rode it out in spite of constant and very real death threats and bribery attempts. Her brother is now the main attorney for the Colombian president.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37996

            #1835
            Narcos. Not Narco.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • SCcoug
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 7625

              #1836
              I too am a fan of Narcos. Can't wait for next season.

              Also the theme song has been stuck in my head for a few weeks now.

              Soy el fuego que arde tu piel...

              Comment

              • Walter Sobchak
                Adventurer
                • Oct 2009
                • 3815

                #1837
                Originally posted by falafel View Post
                Narcos. Not Narco.
                Narcos: Mexico, not Narcos.
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

                Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

                Comment

                • dabrockster
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 10951

                  #1838
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Dabrockster!!! How are you, man? Welcome back.
                  I am doing good. Needed a break for a little while. Found myself too angry all the time and it has been a stressful/hectic few months.

                  Likely to still keep my posting down as I feel I am in a better place and got a lot going on.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment

                  • BigPiney
                    Huge Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 12371

                    #1839
                    Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                    I am doing good. Needed a break for a little while. Found myself too angry all the time and it has been a stressful/hectic few months.

                    Likely to still keep my posting down as I feel I am in a better place and got a lot going on.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Well glad you are back.

                    Comment

                    • YOhio
                      Hipster Mode
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26165

                      #1840
                      Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                      I am doing good. Needed a break for a little while. Found myself too angry all the time and it has been a stressful/hectic few months.

                      Likely to still keep my posting down as I feel I am in a better place and got a lot going on.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Glad you’re in a better place but try to avoid watching horrible Netflix documentaries.

                      Comment

                      • Commando
                        Explosivo
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 20748

                        #1841
                        Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                        I am doing good. Needed a break for a little while. Found myself too angry all the time and it has been a stressful/hectic few months.

                        Likely to still keep my posting down as I feel I am in a better place and got a lot going on.

                        lol sounds like you watched the wrong thing on Netflix, too...
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                        Comment

                        • frank ryan
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 12382

                          #1842
                          Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                          I just finished the Netflix documentary called “The trials of Gabriel Fernandez” and I am emotionally drained. How can a Mother subject their child to torture. Watching the episode where he writes a Mother’s Day Card for his Mom (Who beat and tortures him) that we often see our kids do from school caused me to openly weep for this innocent child who yearned to be loved.

                          It was shocking to see how a child protective system and law enforcement can ignore blatant abuse and how the accumulation of neglect can embolden abuse.

                          I held my daughter (who is the same age this boy was before he died) and told her I loved her and held her a little longer last night.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I'll pass. It sounds impactful, but I don't need anything else heavy right now.

                          Comment

                          • UVACoug
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2013
                            • 2685

                            #1843
                            If you want to watch something that will certainly take your mind off coronavirus, check out Tiger King. One of the most batshit crazy things I’ve ever seen.

                            Comment

                            • Northwestcoug
                              Cocked and Loaded
                              • May 2011
                              • 18031

                              #1844
                              Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                              If you want to watch something that will certainly take your mind off coronavirus, check out Tiger King. One of the most batshit crazy things I’ve ever seen.
                              Just watched the first episode last night. It’s already weird. I assume that batshit gets crazier from here on out.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

                              Comment

                              • UVACoug
                                Senior Member
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 2685

                                #1845
                                Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                Just watched the first episode last night. It’s already weird. I assume that batshit gets crazier from here on out.
                                It does. In ways you can’t even imagine.

                                Comment

                                Working...