The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • New Mexican Disaster
    Suomalainen
    • Nov 2008
    • 4549

    #1891
    Originally posted by samchn07 View Post
    I have seen last time a horror movie which was saw in 3d and i think this movie has started new thing which is 3d. Its really entertaining movie. Special effects was really too god and also sound.
    This guy is an amazing poster.

    Comment

    • UtahDan
      *
      • Nov 2008
      • 14496

      #1892
      Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
      This guy is an amazing poster.
      Saw the Hobbit. Pure fun. Also saw Bourne Legacy on ppv and it might be my favorite of the series. I forgot how much I like Rachel Weiss.

      Comment

      • creekster
        It is NOT a monkey!
        • Nov 2008
        • 22661

        #1893
        Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
        Saw the Hobbit. Pure fun. .
        I saw it last night. I enjoyed it but thought it was pretty clear Peter Jackson is deeply in love with the middle earth milieu he created and wants it to last as long as possible. I don't think it detracts from my recommendation to see the film to say that Jackson needed a good editor. The film is like 2:45 and should have been no more than 2:10 and maybe even less.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

        Comment

        • UtahDan
          *
          • Nov 2008
          • 14496

          #1894
          Originally posted by creekster View Post
          I saw it last night. I enjoyed it but thought it was pretty clear Peter Jackson is deeply in love with the middle earth milieu he created and wants it to last as long as possible. I don't think it detracts from my recommendation to see the film to say that Jackson needed a good editor. The film is like 2:45 and should have been no more than 2:10 and maybe even less.
          For me, Middle Earth is about the most fun escapism there is on film. I love that world and so I didn't even notice. Jackson can take all the time he needs to tell me the story. But certainly for people who don't enjoy it at the level I do, that is something they will notice (even though they may still really enjoy it over all).

          Comment

          • Commando
            Explosivo
            • Feb 2009
            • 20748

            #1895
            The Hobbit

            I will add my .02- I loved it! I inwardly objected to all the extra plot development after the exposition, but then again we're gonna see a whole lot more plot than contained in the Hobbit alone. That last hour was outstanding. I'll be seeing this again very soon!
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

            Comment

            • Northwestcoug
              Cocked and Loaded
              • May 2011
              • 18026

              #1896
              Originally posted by creekster View Post
              I saw it last night. I enjoyed it but thought it was pretty clear Peter Jackson is deeply in love with the middle earth milieu he created and wants it to last as long as possible. I don't think it detracts from my recommendation to see the film to say that Jackson needed a good editor. The film is like 2:45 and should have been no more than 2:10 and maybe even less.
              I agree completely. But where's an editor brave enough to tell Jackson that his version of Middle Earth is too long?

              When I compare the Hobbitt to LOTR, they are both around the same length. But I never thought that LOTR was too long. You just feel that every important scene in the Hobbitt runs about 10 minutes too long. Like I heard elsewhere, Jackson released the uncut version of the Hobbitt.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #1897
                Finally saw Safety Not Guaranteed. I liked it, but not as much as Silver Linings (which I saw again this weekend).
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                • CardiacCoug
                  вот так штука
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 11013

                  #1898
                  I'm really getting psyched about Django.

                  Now I've just gotta find a way to talk my wife into going to it with me. She likes Scandal with Kerry Washington so I've got that going for me but she really hates Tarantino stuff like Pulp Fiction.

                  Comment

                  • hostile
                    lollygagger
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 5736

                    #1899
                    Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                    I'm really getting psyched about Django.

                    Now I've just gotta find a way to talk my wife into going to it with me. She likes Scandal with Kerry Washington so I've got that going for me but she really hates Tarantino stuff like Pulp Fiction.
                    She sounds like my wife. We saw the previews for Django and I turned to her and said, "That looks awesome." Her response, "Really?"
                    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                    "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #1900
                      Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                      I'm really getting psyched about Django.

                      Now I've just gotta find a way to talk my wife into going to it with me. She likes Scandal with Kerry Washington so I've got that going for me but she really hates Tarantino stuff like Pulp Fiction.
                      So am I. But 2 hours and 46 minutes? I need to have a talk with Tarantino. Took me forever to see Ingolorious because I was dreading its length, and this thing is even longer.
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • MarkGrace
                        Grooveshark dick tease
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 31546

                        #1901
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        You think specifically of me? I am touched.

                        I will admit that I hated the ending. But I like to give credit to an original plot. Not great, but it did keep me engaged on a long international flight.
                        There was a lot I liked about the ending, but I think it would have benefitted from not showing the time machine. Also, the ending kind of undercut the set up of the movie.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                        Comment

                        • Katy Lied
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 9435

                          #1902
                          Okay, for you people who went to the Hobbit, guess which role this actor played?



                          Answer
                          Spoiler for here.:
                          here.

                          I know.


                          I know. I knowIknow. Right?

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 37987

                            #1903
                            Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                            Okay, for you people who went to the Hobbit, guess which role this actor played?



                            Answer
                            Spoiler for here.:
                            here.

                            I know.


                            I know. I knowIknow. Right?
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Katy Lied
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 9435

                              #1904
                              Point = He doesn't look a thing like the character, who seems really Mel Gibsonish Mad Maxish.

                              Comment

                              • falafel
                                loves to talk on things
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 37987

                                #1905
                                Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                                Point = He doesn't look a thing like the character, who seems really Mel Gibsonish Mad Maxish.
                                I was referring to the broken link in the first picture.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                                Dig your own grave, and save!

                                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...