Random Picture Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Parrot Head
    Operation Hot Mother
    • Nov 2008
    • 2322

    #466
    I have nothing else to say at this time.

    Comment

    • UtahDan
      *
      • Nov 2008
      • 14496

      #467

      Comment

      • The_Douger
        Athletic Supporter
        • Jun 2012
        • 5413

        #468
        Hilarious
        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

        Comment

        • LA Ute
          Receiver of Memory
          • Nov 2008
          • 19512

          #469
          This is the view from the front door to my hotel, at rush hour today -- Connecticut Avenue in downtown Washington, D.C. The real storm hasn't started yet but everyone stayed home today:



          Meanwhile, the guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier do their duty anyway:

          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden


          "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


          "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

          Comment

          • Katy Lied
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 9435

            #470
            This is not a photograph. It's a pencil drawing.


            It is a pencil drawing. Diego Fazio sure fooled me (and you too I bet).
            Last edited by Katy Lied; 10-30-2012, 02:25 PM.

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69716

              #471
              Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
              This is not a photograph. It's a pencil drawing.

              http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/this-is-not-a-photograph
              Yeah, wuap already posted that somewhere.

              Here is my question: That is an amazing talent, but if he is just going to create something that looks exactly like a photo, why not just take a photo?
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • Katy Lied
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 9435

                #472
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Yeah, wuap already posted that somewhere.

                Here is my question: That is an amazing talent, but if he is just going to create something that looks exactly like a photo, why not just take a photo?

                In deference to Wuap, I will delete said photo (of picture)

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69716

                  #473
                  Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                  In deference to Wuap, I will delete said photo (of picture)


                  Now nobody will answer my question.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • Northwestcoug
                    Cocked and Loaded
                    • May 2011
                    • 18029

                    #474
                    http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...-fakes/264243/

                    Good article about the real and fake pictures of Sandy. Apparently the tomb of the unknown soldier pic LAU posted above is fake.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

                    Comment

                    • wuapinmon
                      Soul Plumber
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 30711

                      #475
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Yeah, wuap already posted that somewhere.

                      Here is my question: That is an amazing talent, but if he is just going to create something that looks exactly like a photo, why not just take a photo?
                      Why climb a mountain? Art for art's sake. And, he might be a shitty photographer.
                      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69716

                        #476
                        Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        Why climb a mountain? Art for art's sake. And, he might be a shitty photographer.
                        Come on. You can do better than that.

                        I am guessing that he uses a photo as a guide when he does his sketches. So he is going to be no better/different than his photos. It is just a human photocopy process.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • Dwight Schr-ute
                          Members Only
                          • May 2011
                          • 4917

                          #477
                          I snapped this at our ward Trunk or Treat last week. Unfortunately, I was unable to get a clearer shot, but this kid is wearing a Tim Duncan uniform. For the record, this kid is normally as white as my ass. It amazes me that there are parents that would help make this happen.

                          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

                          Comment

                          • The_Douger
                            Athletic Supporter
                            • Jun 2012
                            • 5413

                            #478
                            That is unbelievable.

                            There is no way his parents should have let him out like that. Tim Duncan is not nearly that dark.
                            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                            Comment

                            • LA Ute
                              Receiver of Memory
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 19512

                              #479
                              Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...-fakes/264243/

                              Good article about the real and fake pictures of Sandy. Apparently the tomb of the unknown soldier pic LAU posted above is fake.
                              Oh, well. It turns out that the photo was taken in September, according to ABC News. So it's not exactly a fake. ABC says this photo was taken during Hurricane/Storm Sandy:



                              The picture might not be from today, but it does represent the faithful duty of the Tomb Sentinels from the Old Guard who have remained at their posts during Hurricane Sandy.
                              More interesting info about the guards at the Tomb of the Uknown is at the ABC site.
                              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                              ― W.H. Auden


                              "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                              "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                              Comment

                              • Devildog
                                Motor Boatin' SOB
                                • Oct 2010
                                • 1239

                                #480
                                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                I am guessing that he uses a photo as a guide when he does his sketches. So he is going to be no better/different than his photos. It is just a human photocopy process.
                                Scott Jacobs does a similar thing. He is now making ridiculous money. When he first started I heard many people saying the same thing you are saying.

                                I'm not sure Scott cares anymore. He loves what he is doing, he's getting filthy rich doing it, and for every critic he has, there is an admiring fan.



                                For the record, I think the pencil drawing posted above is amazing.
                                "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
                                -Thucydides

                                "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
                                -Miyamoto Musashi

                                Si vis pacem, para bellum

                                Comment

                                Working...