Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Copelius
    Maker of eyeballs
    • Dec 2012
    • 4061

    #4336
    Just had to pay some school fees for a kid. At checkout, it had me check a box that I am not a robot. It is not unique to that checkout site. Why not let the robots pay my school fees or other bills?
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

    Comment

    • BigPiney
      Huge Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 12366

      #4337
      Originally posted by Copelius View Post
      Just had to pay some school fees for a kid. At checkout, it had me check a box that I am not a robot. It is not unique to that checkout site. Why not let the robots pay my school fees or other bills?
      Ha!.

      I paid my son's tuition with my credit card and there wasn't an additional fee. Thank you very much for the miles.

      Comment

      • Clark Addison
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 10310

        #4338
        Originally posted by Copelius View Post
        Just had to pay some school fees for a kid. At checkout, it had me check a box that I am not a robot. It is not unique to that checkout site. Why not let the robots pay my school fees or other bills?
        They will (very very little right now) but they will use their own path and validations.

        Comment

        • chrisrenrut
          Strikes and Gutters
          • Jul 2009
          • 2298

          #4339
          Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

          Ha!.

          I paid my son's tuition with my credit card and there wasn't an additional fee. Thank you very much for the miles.
          they didn’t get rid of the credit card fees, they got rid of the cash discount. It’s all baked into the higher costs now, so everyone pays more.

          Comment

          • Bo Diddley
            Senior
            • Jul 2012
            • 18790

            #4340
            This one might be my favorite yet. Picked something up from the store on my way home from work and a borderline special needs worker told me, "Good luck with your service!" Warmed my heart.

            Comment

            • Northwestcoug
              Cocked and Loaded
              • May 2011
              • 18026

              #4341
              My daughter’s fiancée did not know who OK Go was, nor has he watched any of their videos . How does that even happen?

              we fixed that problem then and there.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

              Comment

              • BigFatMeanie
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 7114

                #4342
                I don’t know who OK Go is either. Nor am I married to your daughter.

                Comment

                • Northwestcoug
                  Cocked and Loaded
                  • May 2011
                  • 18026

                  #4343
                  Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                  I don’t know who OK Go is either. Nor am I married to your daughter.
                  You haven't spent a family night watching your favorite OK Go videos?

                  Educate yourself, start with this:

                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69705

                    #4344
                    This is really interesting. Not too surprised to see BYU at the top, but kind of surprised to see Arizona so low.

                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    Working...