Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BigFatMeanie
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 7114

    #3346
    Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    I don’t think I have ever seen a movie or tv fight when one of the two people fighting has a knife, the person with the knife has won the fight.

    Maybe this belongs in the knife thread. If you get in a fight, don’t pull out your knife. If Hollywood is to be believed, the odds are against you.
    Also, cool guys don't look at explosions

    Comment

    • Non Sequitur
      Where did I put my bodkin
      • Nov 2008
      • 5773

      #3347
      Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
      I don’t think I have ever seen a movie or tv fight when one of the two people fighting has a knife, the person with the knife has won the fight.

      Maybe this belongs in the knife thread. If you get in a fight, don’t pull out your knife. If Hollywood is to be believed, the odds are against you.
      You need to watch First Blood.
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

      Comment

      • All-American
        Right, as Usual
        • Nov 2008
        • 15664

        #3348
        Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
        I don’t think I have ever seen a movie or tv fight when one of the two people fighting has a knife, the person with the knife has won the fight.

        Maybe this belongs in the knife thread. If you get in a fight, don’t pull out your knife. If Hollywood is to be believed, the odds are against you.
        Count of Monte Cristo.


        But in fairness, both of them had knives. And it wasn't a good movie anyway.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

        Comment

        • Flystripper
          Degenerate Gambler
          • Nov 2008
          • 14089

          #3349
          Guns for show. Knives for a pro.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

          Comment

          • Pelado
            Bald not naked
            • Sep 2010
            • 21139

            #3350
            Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
            I don’t think I have ever seen a movie or tv fight when one of the two people fighting has a knife, the person with the knife has won the fight.

            Maybe this belongs in the knife thread. If you get in a fight, don’t pull out your knife. If Hollywood is to be believed, the odds are against you.
            West Side Story?

            Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

            Comment

            • Bo Diddley
              Senior
              • Jul 2012
              • 18789

              #3351
              Originally posted by Pelado View Post
              West Side Story?

              Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              That was my first thought as well.

              BTW, training makes all the difference in the world if you plan on actually using a knife in a fight.

              Comment

              • smokymountainrain
                Impressive Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22593

                #3352
                Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                I don’t think I have ever seen a movie or tv fight when one of the two people fighting has a knife, the person with the knife has won the fight.

                Maybe this belongs in the knife thread. If you get in a fight, don’t pull out your knife. If Hollywood is to be believed, the odds are against you.
                what gets me is the 5'3" 95 lb heroine who kicks ass literally picking up and throwing a 6'3" 225 lb dude through a window/door/against a wall. Maybe that little gal is quick af, packs a big punch and a world class kickboxer and mma demon and she beats the shit out of the guy - i can give them that - but throwing him 5 feet? c'mon man.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

                Comment

                • chrisrenrut
                  Strikes and Gutters
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 2298

                  #3353
                  Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                  You need to watch First Blood.
                  Originally posted by All-American View Post
                  Count of Monte Cristo.


                  But in fairness, both of them had knives. And it wasn't a good movie anyway.
                  Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  West Side Story?

                  Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  All movies older than 30 years. I guess anti-knife fighting techniques have improved a lot since then. Jason Bourne and John Wick have both benefited, as have countless others I can’t remember right now.

                  Comment

                  • falafel
                    loves to talk on things
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 37979

                    #3354
                    Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                    All movies older than 30 years. I guess anti-knife fighting techniques have improved a lot since then. Jason Bourne and John Wick have both benefited, as have countless others I can’t remember right now.
                    Feels like there's been a more recent Count of Monte Cristo.... And I for one didn't think it sucked.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                    Dig your own grave, and save!

                    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • Donuthole
                      Official Outgayer
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 25267

                      #3355
                      Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Feels like there's been a more recent Count of Monte Cristo.... And I for one didn't think it sucked.
                      I liked it. Luis Guzman, Jim Caviziel and Guy Pearce. I can’t remember if it was well received with the critics, but Im guessing the audience loved it.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                      There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                      Comment

                      • The_Tick
                        Made something of myself
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7292

                        #3356
                        Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        I liked it. Luis Guzman, Jim Caviziel and Guy Pearce. I can’t remember if it was well received with the critics, but Im guessing the audience loved it.
                        I enjoyed it as well. I watch it probably once a year.

                        Don't forget a young Henry Cavill.

                        Comment

                        • falafel
                          loves to talk on things
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 37979

                          #3357
                          Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                          I enjoyed it as well. I watch it probably once a year.

                          Don't forget a young Henry Cavill.
                          Holy crap that is him. Never put that together.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                          Dig your own grave, and save!

                          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • BigFatMeanie
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7114

                            #3358
                            Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                            All movies older than 30 years. I guess anti-knife fighting techniques have improved a lot since then. Jason Bourne and John Wick have both benefited, as have countless others I can’t remember right now.
                            John Wick is so bad-ass against a knife, he intentionally allows his enemy to stab him in the chest in order to take away the knife.

                            Comment

                            • Northwestcoug
                              Cocked and Loaded
                              • May 2011
                              • 18021

                              #3359
                              I'm coming up on 10000 posts. I feel like I'm watching my old car's odometer as it approached 100,000 clicks. And like then, I'm afraid I'm going to completely miss my 10,000th post.

                              Oh well. Man, almost 10 years and 10K posts. Probably less than 0.1% based on cougar sports. I...don't know how I feel about that. I know what Mrs. NWC thinks though.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

                              Comment

                              • PaloAltoCougar
                                Semper infra dignitatem
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 16936

                                #3360
                                As with most things internet-related, I'll assume I'm the last here to have seen this, but the jerryoftheday site on Instagram, featuring spectacular crashes and failures by skiiers (H2O and snow), snowboarders, mountain bikers and skateboarders, is very entertaining. No deaths or serious injuries, but still not for the faint of heart. I hope today's entry wasn't our own mtnbkr.

                                Comment

                                Working...