Take a Vacation

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Northwestcoug
    Cocked and Loaded
    • May 2011
    • 18034

    #1081
    Originally posted by Pelado View Post



    I meant to mention that we're still planning to go through Bath (on our way from Wales to Portsmouth), so my current plan is to stop there for a bit along the way rather than stay there for a couple nights.
    Got it.

    Are you planning on seeing Stonehenge? If not, you can see similar formations throughout the UK, just not as big. Rollright Stones in Costwolds is an example.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

    Comment

    • BigFatMeanie
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 7119

      #1082
      The Roman baths in Bath are cool but the rest of the town is so touristy that I didn't think it was worth more than a morning in Bath. Even if your wife is a Jane Austen fan (frankly, I'm also a Jane Austen fan) I would skip anything Jane Austen-related in Bath. Trust me.

      Comment

      • Pelado
        Bald not naked
        • Sep 2010
        • 21148

        #1083
        Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
        Got it.

        Are you planning on seeing Stonehenge? If not, you can see similar formations throughout the UK, just not as big. Rollright Stones in Costwolds is an example.
        Not worried about Stonehenge. Might slow down as we pass by/near Avebury.

        Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
        The Roman baths in Bath are cool but the rest of the town is so touristy that I didn't think it was worth more than a morning in Bath. Even if your wife is a Jane Austen fan (frankly, I'm also a Jane Austen fan) I would skip anything Jane Austen-related in Bath. Trust me.
        I have no interest in seeing anything Jane Austen-related in Bath, and my wife probably less so.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

        Comment

        • BigPiney
          Huge Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 12373

          #1084
          Originally posted by Pelado View Post

          Not worried about Stonehenge. Might slow down as we pass by/near Avebury.



          I have no interest in seeing anything Jane Austen-related in Bath, and my wife probably less so.
          Stonehenge was cool. My kids really liked it. Me too.

          I liked the Crescent circle in Bath, that and the Jacobs ladder on the church. The water at the baths was gross to drink.

          Comment

          • Pelado
            Bald not naked
            • Sep 2010
            • 21148

            #1085
            My award travel from Boise to London called for business class (United Polaris) from Chicago to London, but just economy from Boise to Chicago. I called their Customer Service department and asked that they put us on the waitlist for an upgrade, and they said they did, but when I looked at the app later, saw that I wasn't on the waitlist. Instead, they already upgraded us to first class for that segment.

            To celebrate, I used "FIRST" as my starting word for the daily Wordle.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

            Comment

            • Northwestcoug
              Cocked and Loaded
              • May 2011
              • 18034

              #1086
              Will be in San Diego next week celebrating Mrs. NWC's 50th birthday. Anyone have any must sees down there? We'll be spending a day near La Jolla, but other than that we're mostly open. Planning on spending mornings and nights on the beach. If there's a kick ass museum we may hit that, probably won't go into Tijuana (apparently taco tours are all the rage now). Will have a car so we can drive a bit if it's worth it. Might hit a Padres game. Also any food recs would be appreciated.

              TIA.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

              Comment

              • Copelius
                Maker of eyeballs
                • Dec 2012
                • 4067

                #1087
                If you haven't toured the USS Midway, it is worth it.
                “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

                Comment

                • BigFatMeanie
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7119

                  #1088
                  Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                  If you haven't toured the USS Midway, it is worth it.

                  Comment

                  • Northwestcoug
                    Cocked and Loaded
                    • May 2011
                    • 18034

                    #1089
                    Yeah she would probably like to see the midway. Thanks.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

                    Comment

                    • chrisrenrut
                      Strikes and Gutters
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 2299

                      #1090
                      Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                      Will be in San Diego next week celebrating Mrs. NWC's 50th birthday. Anyone have any must sees down there? We'll be spending a day near La Jolla, but other than that we're mostly open. Planning on spending mornings and nights on the beach. If there's a kick ass museum we may hit that, probably won't go into Tijuana (apparently taco tours are all the rage now). Will have a car so we can drive a bit if it's worth it. Might hit a Padres game. Also any food recs would be appreciated.

                      TIA.
                      We really liked Blue Water Seafood. Reasonable price and we really enjoyed the food.
                      We grew up in and on the water. Surfing, diving, boating & fishing the beaches and blue water of San Diego and Baja California. We still do. Fresh local seafood has always been a part o...

                      Comment

                      • Northwestcoug
                        Cocked and Loaded
                        • May 2011
                        • 18034

                        #1091
                        Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

                        We really liked Blue Water Seafood. Reasonable price and we really enjoyed the food.
                        https://bluewaterseafoodsandiego.com...food-food-menu
                        Ok that menu looks really good. But since it is Mrs. NWC’s bday bash and she doesn’t do seafood, it may have to wait for another trip
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

                        Comment

                        • falafel
                          loves to talk on things
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 37996

                          #1092
                          Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          Will be in San Diego next week celebrating Mrs. NWC's 50th birthday. Anyone have any must sees down there? We'll be spending a day near La Jolla, but other than that we're mostly open. Planning on spending mornings and nights on the beach. If there's a kick ass museum we may hit that, probably won't go into Tijuana (apparently taco tours are all the rage now). Will have a car so we can drive a bit if it's worth it. Might hit a Padres game. Also any food recs would be appreciated.

                          TIA.
                          I really liked the Cafe Coyote in Old Town. Huge Mexican restaurant (like two buildings, 4 kitchens).
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                          Dig your own grave, and save!

                          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • Northwestcoug
                            Cocked and Loaded
                            • May 2011
                            • 18034

                            #1093
                            Originally posted by falafel View Post

                            I really liked the Cafe Coyote in Old Town. Huge Mexican restaurant (like two buildings, 4 kitchens).
                            Hey we did that yesterday. Mrs. NWC had the carnitas which really was awesome. I had carne asada and shrimp which was good but not as good as hers. First time I had a margarita flight which I recommend!
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

                            Comment

                            • Commando
                              Explosivo
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 20748

                              #1094
                              Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

                              Hey we did that yesterday. Mrs. NWC had the carnitas which really was awesome. I had carne asada and shrimp which was good but not as good as hers. First time I had a margarita flight which I recommend!
                              I love me some Blue Water Seafood Market in San Diego. Fantastic menu that includes shrimp tacos, sashimi, ceviche, food from the grill, and everything is completely fresh. Worth the google + drive.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                              Comment

                              • falafel
                                loves to talk on things
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 37996

                                #1095
                                Originally posted by Commando View Post

                                I love me some Blue Water Seafood Market in San Diego. Fantastic menu that includes shrimp tacos, sashimi, ceviche, food from the grill, and everything is completely fresh. Worth the google + drive.
                                Haha! Must be really good to be recommended twice in 5 posts.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                                Dig your own grave, and save!

                                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...