What are your cool/interesting pets?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smokymountainrain
    Impressive Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22593

    #61
    We have a dog that is outside 100% of the time. He doesn't bother anybody (never barks) and my little girls love him. I'm not his biggest fan this time of year because he does me no good until September and I still have to shovel his poop, but other than that we enjoy having him around.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #62
      Your dog stays outside all winter, as well?
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • Commando
        Explosivo
        • Feb 2009
        • 20748

        #63
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        Your dog stays outside all winter, as well?
        Our dog was a 100% outside dog and was most happy in the winter.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #64
          Originally posted by Commando View Post
          Our dog was a 100% outside dog and was most happy in the winter.
          Were you in Utah? Thats great to hear. would definitely affect my stance on having a dog. I thought it might be cruel to leave the dog outside during the cold. Did you have a big dog? I assume smaller dogs wouldnt do as well outside.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • smokymountainrain
            Impressive Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22593

            #65
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            Your dog stays outside all winter, as well?
            Yep. Similar to commando's dog, I'd say he likes winter the best. Granted, we have a pretty good set up for him, so the cold isn't really an issue, but yeah - he'll never come in the house during the winter.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

            Comment

            • The_Tick
              Made something of myself
              • Nov 2008
              • 7295

              #66
              Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
              My wife really wants a dog, but I'm not a huge fan of dogs. And, like The Tick said, dogs come in pairs (she's had two dogs for years), so I know that getting one dog will mean eventually getting another dog. The real source of my strong opposition to getting a dog is that I really don't want to scoop up crap from animals I didn't even want in the first place. My wife seems to think that future children will be able to weaken my resolve, but she underestimates my stubbornness.
              You overestimate it.

              It is okay to give in. Dogs with hair are fun.

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 37987

                #67
                Originally posted by Commando View Post
                Our dog was a 100% outside dog and was most happy in the winter.
                That's because your dog was bread for this!

                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • purplmonkeydishwashr
                  Junior Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 66

                  #68
                  A cat, a ball python, and, every week or so for about 15 minutes, a couple of mice.

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #69
                    Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    That's because your dog was bread for this!

                    Hardly! My dog would have put up a great fight.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37987

                      #70
                      Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      Hardly! My dog would have put up a great fight.
                      Well, I was referring to the fact that you had a Samoyed, bread for Siberian winters. I'm sure your dog would have thrown off any yokes placed on him.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #71
                        Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        That's because your dog was bread for this!
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Commando
                          Explosivo
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 20748

                          #72
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          Were you in Utah? Thats great to hear. would definitely affect my stance on having a dog. I thought it might be cruel to leave the dog outside during the cold. Did you have a big dog? I assume smaller dogs wouldnt do as well outside.
                          Eastern Idaho. She was a Samoyed, and she really was happier in the cold. We'd get on our snow gear and she would be outside bounding through the drifts, wagging her tail like crazy, playing games with us, burrowing in the snow, and inspecting our snow caves. I guess obviously some dogs you wouldn't even let outside in the snow, but that's just common sense.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #73
                            Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            Yep. Similar to commando's dog, I'd say he likes winter the best. Granted, we have a pretty good set up for him, so the cold isn't really an issue, but yeah - he'll never come in the house during the winter.
                            What sort of set up? Do you have one of those caged dog runs?
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • falafel
                              loves to talk on things
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 37987

                              #74
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              Ouch.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                              Dig your own grave, and save!

                              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • TripletDaddy
                                sweet triple
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 58186

                                #75
                                Originally posted by Commando View Post
                                Eastern Idaho. She was a Samoyed, and she really was happier in the cold. We'd get on our snow gear and she would be outside bounding through the drifts, wagging her tail like crazy, playing games with us, burrowing in the snow, and inspecting our snow caves. I guess obviously some dogs you wouldn't even let outside in the snow, but that's just common sense.
                                thats my challenge. those cool winter dogs have a ton of hair and they make a mess shedding it in warmer months. Im not down with that. I prefer mid sized dogs and not sure they will thrive outside all winter. Small ridiculous looking dogs like the one SpaceGhost posted are not for me. Hate that stuff.
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...