What are your cool/interesting pets?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Northwestcoug
    Cocked and Loaded
    • May 2011
    • 18021

    #31
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    What was mark graces insensitive comment? That's about the only thing interesting in a pet thread
    Wrong thread. You commented on the interesting pet thread.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

    Comment

    • wuapinmon
      Soul Plumber
      • Dec 2008
      • 30711

      #32
      Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      I hate animals. I hate animals kept as pets.
      I hate it when people compare pet ownership to parenting (this happens once a semester).
      I hate it when people walk their unleashed dogs in public spaces.
      I hate it when people let their dog sniff me or my kids. My children are all afraid of dogs and recoil in fear. Your comment of "Oh, he's alright, he won't hurt anyone" is nothing more than lies.
      I hate it when people act like there's something wrong with me for not liking animals. I love people. Animals are property.
      I hate it when people walk their stupid pitbulls on the sidewalk. Walking your pitbull in public is the animal equivalent of a office worker driving a huge pickup truck.
      I hate it when people bring their animals to sporting events.
      I hate it when people get to bring their unmuzzled boxers through airport security when I can't have a bottle of hand sanitizer unless it's in a Ziploc.
      I hate it when a dog you've met many times before suddenly spazzes out and bites/tries to bite you.
      I hate it when my neighbors' dog barks all night long and they do nothing.
      I hate it that I can't go to my shed without the dogs of three different neighbors all barking at me like I'm trying to kill their owners.
      I hate pitbulls.
      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

      Comment

      • creekster
        It is NOT a monkey!
        • Nov 2008
        • 22661

        #33
        What are your cool/interesting pets?

        We have a black slightly brindled blue nose pitbull. If you come over wuap I will let him sniff you. I walk him on the sidewalk all the time. He wouldn't hurt a flea. But if he tried he might bite through your arm. I guess.
        Last edited by creekster; 06-02-2014, 08:56 PM.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

        Comment

        • Northwestcoug
          Cocked and Loaded
          • May 2011
          • 18021

          #34
          Jeez. A lot if hate on this thread. Here, hope this helps:

          babyhedgehog.jpg
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69695

            #35
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            What was mark graces insensitive comment? That's about the only thing interesting in a pet thread
            Pshaw. It was nothing.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • The_Douger
              Athletic Supporter
              • Jun 2012
              • 5413

              #36
              African-Leaf-Fish.jpg

              I got pretty interested in fish when I was a teen. I had an aquarium full of these, which are South American Leaf Fish. I'd like to get back in to aquariums but I don't feel like I have the time to get it set up and maintain it.

              All we have right now is a gerbil. The girls like it, but it's kind of smelly. It only lives a few years, and it's already two, so I figure it'll die pretty soon. They want a dog pretty bad. I'm not sure if I want one or not, but I always wished we had one when I was growing up, so I think I'll get them one eventually.
              Last edited by The_Douger; 06-02-2014, 10:11 PM.
              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

              Comment

              • mtnbiker
                it's all a blur
                • Mar 2009
                • 2573

                #37
                Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                What are everyone's interesting pets? Would you recommend them?
                Don't have any pets now, but have had a golden retriever, an iguana, zebra finches, frogs, geckos, anoles, and turtles. The dog didn't get the attention it deserved. We tried to get the iguana used to being handled, but it would always just whip its tail or bite, and then make a run for the hills. The frogs and lizards were pretty easy, and fun to watch, but didn't last very long, even with clean water and steady diet of crickets dusted with vitamins. You couldn't play with the finches, but they were interesting to watch and were pretty easy to take care of.

                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                Deleted for insensitive comment.
                Should probably happen more often.

                Comment

                • hostile
                  lollygagger
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 5736

                  #38
                  Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  I would call horses pretty interesting...
                  My wife has been riding since she was little. Her sister raises/trains horses so it runs in the family. I'm not sure they qualify as pets anyway.
                  "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                  "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                  Comment

                  • MarkGrace
                    Grooveshark dick tease
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 31546

                    #39
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Pshaw. It was nothing.
                    Well, it made me fell insensitive.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                    Comment

                    • Walter Sobchak
                      Adventurer
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 3815

                      #40
                      Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                      Don't let the inmates run the asylum.
                      We were the hardest of hard asses when it came to pets, repeatedly telling the children that they will never ever have a pet... Mom has allergies, get over it already, quit your whining/crying, etc.

                      Asylum battened down and secured. Right?

                      My Mom/Dad host a Santa party every year on the Saturday evening after Thanksgiving. They hire a Santa to come to their house. Then each of the grandkids take a turn sitting on Santa's knee, etc. Last year was the first year that not one of our kids asked Santa for a dog. About two weeks later my wife walked into my home office: "I think we should have Santa bring the kids a dog."

                      So we have a pure bred toy poodle now.

                      charlie_stairs.jpg
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

                      Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

                      Comment

                      • Donuthole
                        Official Outgayer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 25267

                        #41
                        Weak. Stand up to your wife, for once.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                        Comment

                        • Walter Sobchak
                          Adventurer
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 3815

                          #42
                          I put the AMEX on auto-pay dude. I don't even care anymore.
                          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

                          Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

                          Comment

                          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                            Time to camp
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26082

                            #43
                            Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                            Well, it made me fell insensitive.
                            Hormones? Someone might be prego!
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

                            Comment

                            • YOhio
                              Hipster Mode
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26165

                              #44
                              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              Hormones? Someone might be prego!
                              This kind of comment really puts a damper on sharing feelings and emotions on this board. Just because someone is "sensitive" must mean that they're a knocked up chick. Is that what you're saying? Because that's how it comes across to me.

                              Comment

                              • I.J. Reilly
                                Nobody's Fool
                                • Apr 2009
                                • 2949

                                #45
                                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                What was mark graces insensitive comment? That's about the only thing interesting in a pet thread
                                Incorrect.

                                51hrjrVpgFL._SY300_.jpg

                                51ff116da1fe4e3c1589c5165548ec395e8c3de4f3188503e01c4b78e9568d60.jpg

                                Comment

                                Working...