Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski
View Post
I don't think high school boys and girls are remotely similar in this regard, especially boys that are 16 and 17. Again, unless actual coercion (we don't know if this happened or not), then this kid was probably high-fiving his friends and telling stories about it in the lockeroom. The overwhelming likelihood is that this kid will go through the rest of his life without feelings of being abused.
I'm not advocating that this is appropriate. Female high school teachers clearly shouldn't be having sex with their students (or vice versa of course). I also think it's inappropriate for a college professor to do the same thing. But I think it's a little ridiculous that this woman is going to have to potentially spend some serious time in jail and then register as a sex offender because she had sex with a 17 year old kid.
Why are you consistently focusing on how cool a 17 year old might think this is? Do you think that would be a valid defense for her in court? Of course not. Whether this kid feels "abused" is 100% irrelevant.

Comment