Random stuff worth reading on the internet thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Northwestcoug
    Cocked and Loaded
    • May 2011
    • 18039

    #451
    Absolutely crazy story about a nurse in Germany who has confessed to killing 43 people in ICUs that he has worked in. But records show that upwards of 300 people died, either during his shifts or shortly after. Apparently he has some type of narcissistic disorder, where he would administer lethal doses of drugs and then resuscitate patients. Negligence everywhere, from fellow workers, supervising physicians, and initial prosecutors.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/10/w...mid=tw-nytimes
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

    Comment

    • Pelado
      Bald not naked
      • Sep 2010
      • 21157

      #452
      Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      Absolutely crazy story about a nurse in Germany who has confessed to killing 43 people in ICUs that he has worked in. But records show that upwards of 300 people died, either during his shifts or shortly after. Apparently he has some type of narcissistic disorder, where he would administer lethal doses of drugs and then resuscitate patients. Negligence everywhere, from fellow workers, supervising physicians, and initial prosecutors.

      https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/10/w...mid=tw-nytimes
      That's messed up.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

      Comment

      • Dwight Schr-ute
        Members Only
        • May 2011
        • 4917

        #453
        This is a really good read. https://www.albertbridgecapital.com/...ay-in-the-game

        I was in a position to help someone on my way into work yesterday morning but because I was late/tired/surprised/scared, I sort of just watched the situation shrink into my rear view mirror. And I’ve sort of felt like a piece of shit since. This is a good reminder to do better.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 38003

          #454
          Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
          This is a really good read. https://www.albertbridgecapital.com/...ay-in-the-game

          I was in a position to help someone on my way into work yesterday morning but because I was late/tired/surprised/scared, I sort of just watched the situation shrink into my rear view mirror. And I’ve sort of felt like a piece of shit since. This is a good reminder to do better.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          That was great, and I don't even really like dogs.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • Northwestcoug
            Cocked and Loaded
            • May 2011
            • 18039

            #455
            Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
            This is a really good read. https://www.albertbridgecapital.com/...ay-in-the-game

            I was in a position to help someone on my way into work yesterday morning but because I was late/tired/surprised/scared, I sort of just watched the situation shrink into my rear view mirror. And I’ve sort of felt like a piece of shit since. This is a good reminder to do better.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Not gonna cry. Not gonna cry!
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

            Comment

            • Bo Diddley
              Senior
              • Jul 2012
              • 18818

              #456
              Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
              This is a really good read. https://www.albertbridgecapital.com/...ay-in-the-game

              I was in a position to help someone on my way into work yesterday morning but because I was late/tired/surprised/scared, I sort of just watched the situation shrink into my rear view mirror. And I’ve sort of felt like a piece of shit since. This is a good reminder to do better.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Wow. Great story. I'm a Kenny fan for sure.

              Comment

              • BigPiney
                Huge Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 12382

                #457
                Originally posted by falafel View Post
                That was great, and I don't even really like dogs.
                Yeah I was disappointed that the dog lived. Totally ruined what could have been a real feel good story.

                Comment

                • clackamascoug
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 9709

                  #458
                  There is no dog.

                  Comment

                  • Pelado
                    Bald not naked
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 21157

                    #459
                    Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                    There is no dog.
                    Reminiscent of Fight Club.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #460
                      Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                      This is a really good read. https://www.albertbridgecapital.com/...ay-in-the-game

                      I was in a position to help someone on my way into work yesterday morning but because I was late/tired/surprised/scared, I sort of just watched the situation shrink into my rear view mirror. And I’ve sort of felt like a piece of shit since. This is a good reminder to do better.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      One of the NFL’s most physical defensive backs spent most of high school working a concession stand under the Friday night lights—he thought the sport was too physical. How his path changed, transforming him into a football star in a city where he has played the hero on and off the field.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Pelado
                        Bald not naked
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 21157

                        #461
                        I really enjoyed this well-crafted line.

                        In Moore’s home, everything was tight: money, living quarters, but also family relations.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #462
                          My dad was one of the only people with a good-for-life, go-anywhere American Airlines pass. Then they took it away. This is the true story of having—and losing—a superpower.


                          Really well written memoir of a father with the infamous AAirpass and how it shaped and affected their family.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Northwestcoug
                            Cocked and Loaded
                            • May 2011
                            • 18039

                            #463
                            Crazy story about a Harvard law professor and 2 women who duped him out of his home and job for now:

                            A law professor who teaches a class on judgment wouldn’t seem like an obvious mark, would he?


                            It's a long article, so here's a tease to get you interested!

                            he felt it would have been insulting for a heterosexual cisgender man to question a professed lesbian as to whether she’d had sex with other men.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

                            Comment

                            • swampfrog
                              Social Distance Warrior
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 2267

                              #464
                              Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              Crazy story about a Harvard law professor and 2 women who duped him out of his home and job for now:

                              A law professor who teaches a class on judgment wouldn’t seem like an obvious mark, would he?


                              It's a long article, so here's a tease to get you interested!
                              One of the dangers of strong social justice narratives. Regardless if there is actual injustice, when the societal power dynamic changes, people seeking power or influence can take advantage of good intentions for personal or tribal gain. Even with training, mental health professionals can get sucked into some seriously deranged head spaces. Difficult situation all around. (Assuming the narrative given is sufficiently close to reality.)

                              Comment

                              • Surfah
                                Where's Wallace?
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 33726

                                #465
                                Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                Crazy story about a Harvard law professor and 2 women who duped him out of his home and job for now:

                                A law professor who teaches a class on judgment wouldn’t seem like an obvious mark, would he?


                                It's a long article, so here's a tease to get you interested!
                                This article would have been much more shocking if years of participation on this message board hadn't proved that many lawyers aren't very bright.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...