New BYU rankings out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Best College Town in Your State

REV-College-Town-Map-01-1024x918.jpg
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        Best College Town in Your State

[ATTACH]9397[/ATTACH]
        Logan? Las Cruces? College Station?

You can ignore this map because it was clearly compiled by a bunch of aggies.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Logan? Las Cruces? College Station?

You can ignore this map because it was clearly compiled by a bunch of aggies.
          We gathered a list of college towns and narrowed that list down to cities with fewer than 250K* residents and we kept in mind that the metro areas surrounding the smaller towns would also include the student population.
          *Maine, Hawaii, and Alaska did not have college towns with a population of less than 250K that met our criteria, so they are the exceptions.
          So they are eliminating college cities?

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
            So they are eliminating college cities?
            Kinda makes sense to me. No one talks about a "college city". The college community gets swallowed whole.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Kinda makes sense to me. No one talks about a "college city". The college community gets swallowed whole.
              I think it probably depends on the size of the city and school.

Places like Salt Lake or Seattle don't have college feels to them, but I would think that Austin, Texas has a college town feel to it.

Also, how is Madison, Wisconsin on the list? They are over 250K. Are they going off of 9 year old census data? Madison definitely has a college town feel.

Comment

Um, Fairbanks, AK is very much a college town and nowhere near 250K. Anchorage is just Anchorage. No college town feel at all. They just happen to have an extension of the University of Alaska, which is based in Fairbanks, there.
                “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Boulder and surrounding area is < 250k? Isn't it pretty close to Denver?

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                    Boulder and surrounding area is < 250k? Isn't it pretty close to Denver?
                    Within an hour’s drive. But there is real space between them.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      Within an hour’s drive. But there is real space between them.
                      We stayed there only a month during the floods a few years back, but it didn't feel like a college town to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        We stayed there only a month during the floods a few years back, but it didn't feel like a college town to me.
                        It is a super weird place.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          It is a super weird place.
                          Other than the strippers from the club across the street who gave us cupcakes one morning, the people in Boulder were quite cold towards us, even though we were there to rebuild the road that washed out from Estes Park to Lyons. I've never experienced anything quite like it in the US.

Comment

Other than the strippers from the club across the street who gave us cupcakes one morning, the people in Boulder were quite cold towards us, even though we were there to rebuild the road that washed out from Estes Park to Lyons. I've never experienced anything quite like it in the US.
                            The People's Republic of Boulder.

I kid you not, they have a gluten-free pet food store. I don't know how anyone can stand to live there.

Comment

Other than the strippers from the club across the street who gave us cupcakes one morning
                              Euphemism?

[/falafel]
                              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                                Euphemism?

[/falafel]

Seriously. I feel like my life could be so much more colorful than it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X