Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rangers lead the way!

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...59af78e3a.html

Jimmy is a convert to the LDS Church from a Southern Baptist background. Really good dude, but I remember him arguing with me when as a plebe on a trip to DC for baptisms for the dead I preferred to stay in my hotel room at the Betheseda Marriott and watch Ty Detmer beat Miami and win the Heisman rather than go to some blasted DC Area young adult dance. I made the right choice. I hope he now understands the sacred nature of BYU sports.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
      Rangers lead the way!

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...59af78e3a.html

Jimmy is a convert to the LDS Church from a Southern Baptist background. Really good dude, but I remember him arguing with me when as a plebe on a trip to DC for baptisms for the dead I preferred to stay in my hotel room at the Betheseda Marriott and watch Ty Detmer beat Miami and win the Heisman rather than go to some blasted DC Area young adult dance. I made the right choice. I hope he now understands the sacred nature of BYU sports.
      Damn, there must be some ugly professors out there if those two are the hottest.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Fall standings of the Director's Cup:

1. Stanford
        2. UCLA
        3. North Carolina
        4. Wisconsin
        5. BYU

https://twitter.com/LDirectorsCup/st...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          Fall standings of the Director's Cup:

1. Stanford
          2. UCLA
          3. North Carolina
          4. Wisconsin
          5. BYU

https://twitter.com/LDirectorsCup/st...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

WE belong in a major conference. I wish Senator Booker would have also asked if he (Sessions) is OK with the blatant biggoted discrimination against Mormons.

Comment

Another survey confirming BYU Law School is a good deal.

Here are the 10 law schools with the best graduate salaries relative to student debt:

1. Brigham Young University

2. University of Texas at Austin

3. Yale University

4. University of Houston

5. University of Georgia

6. Harvard University

7. Stanford University

8. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

9. University of Connecticut

10. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
            lol at the Longhorns for being only no. 2. I'll bet Babs is kicking herself right now, not to mention the losers at Harvard, Stanford and Yale.

Comment

New yield rankings out by US News and World Report. BYU tied with Harvard for 2nd place, just a hair behind Stanford.

http://www.usnews.com/education/best...ager-to-enroll
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

It shows that BYU is probably an active LDS student's first choice, for the yield to be that high.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                  It shows that BYU is probably an active LDS student's first choice, for the yield to be that high.
                  I have about 7 or 8 very good friends whose kids chose to go to BYU. These 7-8 are avid Ute fans. To the point they all love to see BYU lose. Half, if they are honest with me give to the U, not the Y except for their tithing money.

What is even more surprising, the majority of their kids still cheer for Utah. I have asked them over and over, how can you be so active in the church, have kids at the Y and cheer for anyone who plays BYU?

I should add, all seem happy their kids are going or went to BYU.

If this belongs in another thread, feel free to move it.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                    Obviously. I think BYU's yield is so high because it is such a great value. Also, many LDS students (at least in my circle) only consider BYU and BYU-Idaho. BYU is kind of like West Point in that regard, if a student gets accepted, he/she is going to enroll. Over the weekend I was talking with another LDS parent at a social gathering and he was lamenting the cost difference between one of his kids that recently graduated from BYU and his brother who is studying at Texas A&M. I was aware of it because my own kids are studying at both schools but didn't consider it as much of a difference as he thought it was. That is what makes BYU such a great value, being cheaper than in-state tuition at one of the two flagship universities in Texas. I suspect the same may be true for California and other states. In the PBW family, we are bringing down BYU's yield % as BYU is only batting 33%. And the next kid, who I think would benefit most by studying at BYU, may not even apply.
                    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                      Obviously. I think BYU's yield is so high because it is such a great value. Also, many LDS students (at least in my circle) only consider BYU and BYU-Idaho. BYU is kind of like West Point in that regard, if a student gets accepted, he/she is going to enroll. Over the weekend I was talking with another LDS parent at a social gathering and he was lamenting the cost difference between one of his kids that recently graduated from BYU and his brother who is studying at Texas A&M. I was aware of it because my own kids are studying at both schools but didn't consider it as much of a difference as he thought it was. That is what makes BYU such a great value, being cheaper than in-state tuition at one of the two flagship universities in Texas. I suspect the same may be true for California and other states. In the PBW family, we are bringing down BYU's yield % as BYU is only batting 33%. And the next kid, who I think would benefit most by studying at BYU, may not even apply.
                      Your kids are outliers. I blame parenting.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                        We would only be considered partially active, but we brought the yield to 50%, with one going to an Academy and one to the Y. The Academy is even cheaper than the Y.
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Your kids are outliers. I blame parenting.
                          I blame college rankings and in one case those brown shirt cadets brainwashing my child on Aggie Eagle weekend (kid wouldn't even apply to UT after that). But there remains hope in the PBW household. One Aggie student is considering BYU's MBA program and I caught his younger brother over Christmas break Googling BYU's engineering faculty to find out where professors earned their PhDs - he is considering academia as a career.
                          “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                          "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Who has the best football-basketball combination school in college sports?

BYU at #8

The football team plays what is essentially is a Power 5 schedule and won nine games in Kalani Sitake’s first season, but the basketball team had to settle for the NIT under Dave Rose. It’s still a combination that fits the power conference description.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Ho hum.

Full rankings are here.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Ho Hum (five times)

The 10 Best Colleges for Advertising

BYU marriage and family therapy program was recently named the No. 1

Top Producers of Fulbright U.S. Scholars and Students, 2018-19, for Research Institutions

15 Best Film Schools In The U.S. To Become An Award-Winning Short Filmmaker

Society of Actuaries Recognizes Actuarial Program at Brigham Young University

Comment

Working...
                                X