Para los hispanohablantes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #271
    JAJAJAJAJA
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

    Comment

    • bluegoose
      7th round draft pick
      • Nov 2008
      • 4121

      #272
      So I've learned enough Spanish to be able to read that headline, but not enough to know why its funny....

      Comment

      • wuapinmon
        Soul Plumber
        • Dec 2008
        • 30711

        #273
        Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
        So I've learned enough Spanish to be able to read that headline, but not enough to know why its funny....
        "The Mexican team visited an orphanage. "It breaks my heart to see your little faces without hope or opportunity" said one of the orphans.
        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

        Comment

        • bluegoose
          7th round draft pick
          • Nov 2008
          • 4121

          #274
          Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

          "The Mexican team visited an orphanage. "It breaks my heart to see your little faces without hope or opportunity" said one of the orphans.
          I got that much, but assumed it was leading into the next sentence. Oh well, I guess I'm just saving what little humor I have this morning to get me through a potential US World Cup disaster in an hour....

          Comment

          • wuapinmon
            Soul Plumber
            • Dec 2008
            • 30711

            #275
            Originally posted by bluegoose View Post

            I got that much, but assumed it was leading into the next sentence. Oh well, I guess I'm just saving what little humor I have this morning to get me through a potential US World Cup disaster in an hour....
            ¡O vosotros de poca fe!
            "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
            The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

            Comment

            • wuapinmon
              Soul Plumber
              • Dec 2008
              • 30711

              #276
              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

              Comment

              • Donuthole
                Official Outgayer
                • Nov 2008
                • 25268

                #277
                Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

                "The Mexican team visited an orphanage. "It breaks my heart to see your little faces without hope or opportunity" said one of the orphans.
                I read it as “…to see their little faces without hope ….” Small distinction that makes the joke even funnier, IMO.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                Comment

                • wuapinmon
                  Soul Plumber
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 30711

                  #278
                  Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  I read it as “…to see their little faces without hope ….” Small distinction that makes the joke even funnier, IMO.
                  Ahhh, the vagaries of possessive pronouns. I agree that your reading is funnier.
                  "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                  The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                  Comment

                  • Pelado
                    Bald not naked
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 21142

                    #279
                    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    I read it as “…to see their little faces without hope ….” Small distinction that makes the joke even funnier, IMO.
                    That's how I read it, too. But seeing wuap's translation made me doubt, and I didn't go back to look at the source material again. Doubt your doubts, brethren.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

                    Comment

                    • Bo Diddley
                      Senior
                      • Jul 2012
                      • 18795

                      #280
                      Originally posted by Pelado View Post

                      That's how I read it, too. But seeing wuap's translation made me doubt, and I didn't go back to look at the source material again. Doubt your doubts, brethren.
                      *goose bumps*

                      Comment

                      • Donuthole
                        Official Outgayer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 25268

                        #281
                        Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

                        Ahhh, the vagaries of possessive pronouns. I agree that your reading is funnier.
                        A simple “You’re right. I’m wrong. I’m sorry.” would have sufficed, but I’ll take what I can get.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                        Comment

                        • wuapinmon
                          Soul Plumber
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 30711

                          #282
                          Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

                          A simple “You’re right. I’m wrong. I’m sorry.” would have sufficed, but I’ll take what I can get.
                          Mac Williams, have we met?
                          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                          Comment

                          • Green Monstah
                            Royal Rooter
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 13961

                            #283
                            I went to a Mexican grocery store today and made my order in spanish. I understood all of her questions, except for one: aqui o ____________ (word(s) for "to go"). Still not sure what she said.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                            "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                            Comment

                            • wuapinmon
                              Soul Plumber
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 30711

                              #284
                              Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              I went to a Mexican grocery store today and made my order in spanish. I understood all of her questions, except for one: aqui o ____________ (word(s) for "to go"). Still not sure what she said.
                              para llevar?
                              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                              Comment

                              • clackamascoug
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 9709

                                #285
                                Quería agregar algo conciso a estas conversacione - pero lamentablemente - no hablo español.

                                Comment

                                Working...