Summer 2012 Family Vacations

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Scott R Nelson
    UofU/BYU mixed marriage
    • Apr 2010
    • 1508

    #31
    Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
    This thread is dedicated to the summer 2012 summer vacations of cuffers.
    Does it have to be in the summer?

    I like taking vacations to tropical places during the cold months so that I can appreciate the weather more. Right now we're trying to work out the details for two weeks in Hawaii during February or March. I like all of the populated islands except Oahu (too many people there). This time I'm hoping to spend a week in Hilo and a week in Kona.

    One week in Kona a few years ago wasn't enough to really get to know the big island. I still want to go to the top of Mauna Kea and if Kilauea is going off I want to take a flight over the lava flow. Last time my wife and I rented a kayak to go snorkeling at the Capt. Cook monument. This time I want to rent one for longer so we can spend more time there. I quiet like snorkeling on the big island because the water stays more clear than on the other islands.

    Two weeks in Hawaii helps me "amortize" the cost and time of the flight there and back and usually provides enough time to actually relax rather than hustling to see things every day. For some reason we'll often put 500 miles on a rental car in a week, whether it's Hawaii, Maui, or Kauai.

    Comment

    • Green Monstah
      Royal Rooter
      • Aug 2010
      • 13955

      #32
      Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      That sounds cool. I've had this fascination with Maine since about junior high and I've still never been there.
      If you go, go in late July/August/early September. By then the mosquitos and blackflies are dead and gone, and the weather is phenomenal. The wife and I did our 10th anniversary trip in early Sept last year, and it was a blast.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

      "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

      Comment

      • mUUser
        Giggity
        • Jul 2009
        • 1142

        #33
        The kids' travel sports use up most of the summer, and will take us as far south as Alabama, as far north as Missouri, as far west as Colorado and as far east as Pennsylvania stopping at a bunch of states in-between. In the middle of the summer we'll take time out to spend a week on the beach in SoCal. On the odd weekends we don't travel for sports, we spend on the lake wakesurfing.

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #34
          Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          Taking myself to South Bend on October 20th.
          Right now I'm planning on making this trip as well. There was some chatter on CB yesterday that the date may be up in the air, but it should still hopefully work out.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #35
            Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            Right now I'm planning on making this trip as well. There was some chatter on CB yesterday that the date may be up in the air, but it should still hopefully work out.
            We'll see...

            If you do wind up going, bring some plastic because we are hitting it UP in Chicago. I will fly in on a Wednesday evening simply to have more time to eat meals there.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • pellegrino
              miserere me
              • Jan 2009
              • 12100

              #36
              I'll be going to Italy to do some research. Hopefully the family will be able to come too.
              Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
              God forgives many things for an act of mercy
              Alessandro Manzoni

              Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

              pelagius

              Comment

              • filsdepac
                No pun intended
                • May 2009
                • 1823

                #37
                We were gonna do Hawaii but I'm starting a new job and will be too busy for vacation. Still thinking about doing DC/NY/Boston/Maine in September.

                Comment

                • MarkGrace
                  Grooveshark dick tease
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31546

                  #38
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  We'll see...

                  If you do wind up going, bring some plastic because we are hitting it UP in Chicago. I will fly in on a Wednesday evening simply to have more time to eat meals there.
                  I would love to check out something like Next. But it's possible that I'll have my baby bro in tow and I'm not sure I could cover two meals there. ha.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                  Comment

                  • creekster
                    It is NOT a monkey!
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22661

                    #39
                    Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                    I'll be going to Italy to do some research. Hopefully the family will be able to come too.
                    O that sounds good.

                    "Honey, I am going to Italy to, umm, do some, well, you know, umm, research and stuff. Did you want to come? If not no big thang, I'll be back in a few, umm, weeks or so. Have a nice summer with the kids!"
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #40
                      Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                      I'll be going to Italy to do some research. Hopefully the family will be able to come too.
                      Hopefully it's food research!
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • filsdepac
                        No pun intended
                        • May 2009
                        • 1823

                        #41
                        Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        Hopefully it's food research!
                        I assume he's attending Olive Garden's Tuscany campus.

                        Comment

                        • Viking
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 6470

                          #42
                          Paris. London. Bergen. Oslo.

                          Comment

                          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                            Time to camp
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26082

                            #43
                            We are going to Orlando in June. Due to the adoption last summer I didn't get to take my boys on the baseball trip we had planned, I think we are going to try and do a shortened version this year
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

                            Comment

                            • pellegrino
                              miserere me
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 12100

                              #44
                              Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              O that sounds good.

                              "Honey, I am going to Italy to, umm, do some, well, you know, umm, research and stuff. Did you want to come? If not no big thang, I'll be back in a few, umm, weeks or so. Have a nice summer with the kids!"
                              that's just how we roll.

                              Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                              Hopefully it's food research!
                              that's always an aspect of it.

                              Originally posted by filsdepac View Post
                              I assume he's attending Olive Garden's Tuscany campus.
                              Tuscany, yes, Olive Garden?
                              Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                              God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                              Alessandro Manzoni

                              Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                              pelagius

                              Comment

                              • MarkGrace
                                Grooveshark dick tease
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 31546

                                #45
                                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                We are going to Orlando in June. Due to the adoption last summer I didn't get to take my boys on the baseball trip we had planned, I think we are going to try and do a shortened version this year
                                What was the trip going to be?
                                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                                Comment

                                Working...