Dress Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    why are people still wearing dress shirts in a post-covid world. abc joggers is about as dressy as it gets these days.
    Some of us are client facing on occasion. Although with my new gig, I am a lot more casual than I ever have been in my career. I do try to wear a collared shirt and non-ripped/faded jeans or even slacks when expecting a client in person.
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

why are people still wearing dress shirts in a post-covid world. abc joggers is about as dressy as it gets these days.
      For some reason I thought law firms were one of the last bastions of both working in the office and business dress. I guess not?

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post

For some reason I thought law firms were one of the last bastions of both working in the office and business dress. I guess not?
        it could be east coast vs west coast. also I have no idea. The lawyers I interact with most hear hoodies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post

Some of us are client facing on occasion. Although with my new gig, I am a lot more casual than I ever have been in my career. I do try to wear a collared shirt and non-ripped/faded jeans or even slacks when expecting a client in person.
          client facing every day, and they're the same
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Untucked shirts and pants I can buy at REI, even before COVID. I don’t even dress up for meetings with the hospital admin
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• My dress varies wildly. Sometimes I'm back from court and I'm suited and booted. Other days I'm vans and a tee shirt and clients drop in. I'm quite certain this has a drastic effect on my clients' perception of their attorney, but idgaf.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Even in zoom court appearances, the judges still require at least a dress shirt.

Plus, I still go to church.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

client facing every day, and they're the same
                  I may have to rethink my approach.
                  “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• Dress shirts daily over here at my office. Although, I do roll my sleeves up, so that shows my tattoos. Depending on the client, I will either roll my sleeves down or keep them rolled up. Some clients the tattoos bother them. Other clients it tends to put them more at ease.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post

I'm not in the legal profession, but I also tend to be very casual in the office.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

I'm not in the legal profession, but I also tend to be very casual in the office.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I wear slacks and a dress shirt
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I wear drab clothes almost every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              I wear slacks and a dress shirt
                              So stuffy.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

So stuffy.
                                I just try to match my boss. I could definitely go polo most days but I don’t own many polos.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X