Blink, Blink, Blink, What?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bo Diddley
    Senior
    • Jul 2012
    • 18800

    #1171
    Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    This family should have done the same thing. If they had an extra ticket they weren't going to use they should have just had it scanned for one of the young kids. When the ticket is scanned then the seat is taken in the system. Game the system!
    That's what I was thinking as well. He could have easily used the boarding pass for the baby, as though the seat were actually purchased for him. The gate agent wouldn't have given it a second thought.

    Comment

    • Moliere
      One man.....one pie
      • Oct 2009
      • 27885

      #1172
      Another thing that was bugging me about this whole video is that the infant was two years old. That's too old to not have a ticketed seat. I know that because we've flown Delta a lot with infants and once they reach 2 years old they are required to have a ticketed seat. The two-year old should have had a seat to begin with and I wonder if the family was just trying to skirt the policy.

      This is why I hate flying the major carriers. Their ticketing policies are very inflexible if you want a decent price. Southwest is by far the best at changing flights. I fly United a lot and have had to change flights a bit and they charge the difference in fare (which is reasonable) but also add $200 on top of that (which is ludicrous).
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

      Comment

      • Uncle Ted
        The Big 12 money shot.
        • Apr 2010
        • 28853

        #1173
        Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        Another thing that was bugging me about this whole video is that the infant was two years old. That's too old to not have a ticketed seat. I know that because we've flown Delta a lot with infants and once they reach 2 years old they are required to have a ticketed seat. The two-year old should have had a seat to begin with and I wonder if the family was just trying to skirt the policy.
        I didn't catch the fact that it was a two year old "infant".

        Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        This is why I hate flying the major carriers. Their ticketing policies are very inflexible if you want a decent price. Southwest is by far the best at changing flights. I fly United a lot and have had to change flights a bit and they charge the difference in fare (which is reasonable) but also add $200 on top of that (which is ludicrous).
        Yeah, I use to fly American all the time. Since the wright amendment was lifted on Love Field (so Southwest can fly directly from downtown Dallas to any city) I fly Southwest all the time, even for work. Besides not charging for changing flights they don't charge for other things like checked bags. And somehow Southwest continues to be profitable for over 40 years. How the hell do they do it?
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • wuapinmon
          Soul Plumber
          • Dec 2008
          • 30711

          #1174
          Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          I didn't catch the fact that it was a two year old "infant".



          Yeah, I use to fly American all the time. Since the wright amendment was lifted on Love Field (so Southwest can fly directly from downtown Dallas to any city) I fly Southwest all the time, even for work. Besides not charging for changing flights they don't charge for other things like checked bags. And somehow Southwest continues to be profitable for over 40 years. How the hell do they do it?
          I read once that they had mastered the art of fuel contract pricing.
          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

          Comment

          • old_gregg
            scaly man fish
            • Nov 2009
            • 16915

            #1175
            Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            I didn't catch the fact that it was a two year old "infant".



            Yeah, I use to fly American all the time. Since the wright amendment was lifted on Love Field (so Southwest can fly directly from downtown Dallas to any city) I fly Southwest all the time, even for work. Besides not charging for changing flights they don't charge for other things like checked bags. And somehow Southwest continues to be profitable for over 40 years. How the hell do they do it?
            operational efficiency
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

            Comment

            • Moliere
              One man.....one pie
              • Oct 2009
              • 27885

              #1176
              Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              I read once that they had mastered the art of fuel contract pricing.
              The went from regional low cost provider to national player due to fuel hedges they entered into at the right time back when fuel prices spiked. That really is luck with some strategy. They haven't been as lucky lately.

              They've mastered the low cost provider model and they have great customer service. That creates loyalty. It's not taboo anymore to be a business travel on Southwest.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

              Comment

              • Green Monstah
                Royal Rooter
                • Aug 2010
                • 13962

                #1177
                Originally posted by Moliere View Post




                Is Houston the only city that seems to have figured this out like 10 years ago? Maybe age is catching up with Neil. In fact, I think all the street lamps in my subdivision are LED and some even seem to be motion activated.

                Maybe next month he'll tweet about the benefits of double paned windows.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                This is an important issue for folks who make their living gazing at the stars. You should know this since your company is lighting up the West Texas Dark Skies.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                Comment

                • Eddie
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 8098

                  #1178
                  20+ years ago I flew with my 1 year-old to NZ. We bought her a ticket precisely because we didn't want to have her sitting on our lap for the 14+ hours we would be on the plane.

                  As we were loading, and strapped her car seat in, the flight attendants came and told us that my daughter (again - 1 year old) would need to either fly on our laps or directly on the seat of the plane without the car seat. I thought she was crazy. I explained that the carseat was FAA approved, and she said that didn't matter because it was an international flight and they weren't governed by the FAA. Took me a minute for that to sink in.

                  Ultimately she told me to wait a minute and she would go talk to the captain. She then came back and said that the captain thought our 1 year-old would probably travel more comfortably with her car seat than without it, so they let us strap it back in.

                  I can't tell you how pissed I would've been if I had purchased a ticket for the kid and they had forced me to keep her on my lap the whole time. Glad that reason prevailed.

                  Comment

                  • Uncle Ted
                    The Big 12 money shot.
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 28853

                    #1179
                    Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                    20+ years ago I flew with my 1 year-old to NZ. We bought her a ticket precisely because we didn't want to have her sitting on our lap for the 14+ hours we would be on the plane.

                    As we were loading, and strapped her car seat in, the flight attendants came and told us that my daughter (again - 1 year old) would need to either fly on our laps or directly on the seat of the plane without the car seat. I thought she was crazy. I explained that the carseat was FAA approved, and she said that didn't matter because it was an international flight and they weren't governed by the FAA. Took me a minute for that to sink in.

                    Ultimately she told me to wait a minute and she would go talk to the captain. She then came back and said that the captain thought our 1 year-old would probably travel more comfortably with her car seat than without it, so they let us strap it back in.

                    I can't tell you how pissed I would've been if I had purchased a ticket for the kid and they had forced me to keep her on my lap the whole time. Glad that reason prevailed.
                    Yeah, besides car seats back then were a lot more fun for kids:

                    IMG_0663.jpg
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • wuapinmon
                      Soul Plumber
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 30711

                      #1180
                      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69714

                        #1181
                        Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        Satire is dead.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • wuapinmon
                          Soul Plumber
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 30711

                          #1182
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Satire is dead.
                          And we have killed him?
                          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                          Comment

                          • Uncle Ted
                            The Big 12 money shot.
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 28853

                            #1183
                            Texas judge suspended when it's learned she's not US citizen

                            Officials in South Texas have placed a municipal court judge on unpaid leave after it was discovered she's not a U.S. citizen.
                            [...]


                            I wonder if I can get my speeding ticket overturned now.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Commando
                              Explosivo
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 20748

                              #1184
                              Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              http://www.startribune.com/texas-jud...zen/422851563/

                              I wonder if I can get my speeding ticket overturned now.
                              Originally posted by the article
                              " Judge Young Min Burkett was placed on leave for 90 days with the intention that will be enough time for her to obtain citizenship."
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                              Comment

                              • Uncle Ted
                                The Big 12 money shot.
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 28853

                                #1185
                                Originally posted by Commando View Post
                                Yeah, that is funny... It will be interesting to see how long she is actually on unpaid leave.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                                Comment

                                Working...