one space or two?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    At this point, only commies and terrorists use two spaces.
    And maybe a few older people who learned to type on a manual typewriter a long time ago...

Comment

Apparently I'm a communist. Or a terrorist. Except when autocorrect makes me not be a communist or a terrorist.

I just think it's easier to read with two. What's next, paragraphs? We don't need to break up pages of text! It's a waste of space!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
        Apparently I'm a communist. Or a terrorist. Except when autocorrect makes me not be a communist or a terrorist.

I just think it's easier to read with two. What's next, paragraphs? We don't need to break up pages of text! It's a waste of space!
        Why you should never, ever do it:

http://www.slate.com/articles/techno..._invaders.html
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Balderdash.

I have fully accepted and embraced using one space. When I copy and paste from previous documents, I even do a find and replace to fix every two space to one space.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
            I have fully accepted and embraced using one space. When I copy and paste from previous documents, I even do a find and replace to fix every two space to one space.
            I do too. It drives me nuts correcting those malcontents who still use two spaces.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

preach
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

our doc cleanup people always change to one so i assume that’s the right answer. also which of you dumb boomers is the one still using straight quotes? knock that off you bonehead
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Balderdash.
                  ------- (What are people that put an extra line in?) --------
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    our doc cleanup people always change to one so i assume that’s the right answer.
                    Yeah. This is a problem for low-t males and jr high english teachers. Definitely not one that we care about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Balderdash.
                      ------- (What are people that put an extra line in?) --------
                      Editors.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Yeah. This is a problem for low-t males and jr high english teachers. Definitely not one that we care about.
                        7/10
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post

I do it because it's how I was taught. And because I'm a communist terrorist, apparently.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Two spaces!

Jordan Peterson explains why better than I could:

You've been doing it for a long time, and that's what people do. There are reasons the ritual came about, but the ritual lasts long after the reasons have been forgotten.

Comment

• One. But I was a two-space holdout for awhile.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Two. Just to piss off all the people who think it's a big deal. On the list of annoying writing and grammar issues, this is somewhere between last and absent.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
                                sigpic
                                "Outlined against a blue, gray
                                October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                                Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Working...
                                X